Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Tue 28/12/2021 13:36:14
I stopped reviewing for one publisher who had games there when they suggested I could copy-paste text they sent me if I didn't have time to do my own review...  >:(

Hahaha, yeah, it seems some game publishers view reviewers as a source of free advertising and, as long as they send them a free review copy, that the reviewer has an obligation to write a good review.
Recently, on The Escapist game site and Youtube channel (the current home of Yahtzee) they had an issue with Sony. Sony used to send them free review copies without them even requesting them but then, after a less than glowing review, emailed them saying "We do not like the tone of your latest review so we will not be giving you access to free review copies of our products in the future."
An email which The Escapist had the journalistic integrity to immediately expose.

Frodo

Be The Richest? 

Danvzare

Quote from: Frodo on Thu 30/12/2021 22:23:21
Be The Richest? 
Close enough.
The game's name is actually Be Richest.
Your turn.  :-D

Frodo

Probably an easy one...   :smiley:

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/TOlQYl3.png[/imgzoom]

Frodo

Babar

The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Frodo

Nope.  But thankyou for guessing. 

milkanannan

Please share another screenshot.

Frodo

CaptainD

Something about the interface reminds me of Dragonsphere so I'm wondering if Microprose made any more graphic adventures, but I still have no idea what game this is, sorry can't even guess!  :(

heltenjon

Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 07/01/2022 08:25:46
Something about the interface reminds me of Dragonsphere so I'm wondering if Microprose made any more graphic adventures, but I still have no idea what game this is, sorry can't even guess!  :(
They did...but this definitely isn't Rex Nebular, which is the one I can think of at the moment.

I haven't played this game, as I can't recognize these locations, but I _may_ have played a demo of it or seen a rolling demo of some sort if it was on a coverdisk/disc back in the days.  ???

CaptainD

Quote from: heltenjon on Fri 07/01/2022 09:20:06
They did...but this definitely isn't Rex Nebular, which is the one I can think of at the moment.

Ah... looking this up and seeing if they in fact did make another has led me to the answer, I think.

Is it
Spoiler
Return of the Phantom
[close]
?

Frodo

Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 07/01/2022 10:48:02
Quote from: heltenjon on Fri 07/01/2022 09:20:06

Ah... looking this up and seeing if they in fact did make another has led me to the answer, I think.

Is it
Spoiler
Return of the Phantom
[close]
?

You are correct.   :smiley:

The game is rather easy, but I still love it anyway. 

Your turn. 

CaptainD

I feel that I slightly cheated to find the answer, but I suppose some UI recognition and detective work was involved...

Okay next screen from a game I enjoyed quite a bit, hope it hasn't been featured before:

milkanannan

Looks a little too polished, but is it Alone in the Dark 3?

CaptainD

Nope, not that one I'm afraid.

Mandle

Is it a Sherlock Holmes game?

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 09/01/2022 22:52:36
Is it a Sherlock Holmes game?

No - but a famous detective is involved. (His name is not in the title of this game however.)

Mandle

Ahhhh, Poirot?

Death On The Nile?

CaptainD

Poirot - yes
Death on the Nile - no

I'll post another screenshot later but not able to right now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk