Guy who landed on weird red planet

Started by The Fool, Sun 03/02/2013 02:15:34

Previous topic - Next topic

The Fool

Short story of a guy, who was forced to land on weird red planet.
Explore the world! Face the ghost! Feel the blues!

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1648/
:)

The Suitor

Haha! I loved it. Very entertaining little game.

I think I found a small bug
Spoiler
The gas can doesn't disappear when getting it from the attendant near the end.
[close]
Not a big deal. :)

Other than that, very funny game. Congrats on the release!

The Fool

Thanks for kind feedback and report, I'm glad you had fun! :)
Bug should be fixed.

CaptainD

You can't have too much comedy sci-fi, so downloading this now!  :-D

Okay, played it now...

Not a bad first game!

The good:

- Nice graphical style
- Some good animation
- Quite humorous

What could do with some work:

- Was there any sound at all?  I didn't hear anything!  (Was it my speakers?!?)
- Serious lack of hotspots - even if you couldn't do anything with them, it would have been nice to for instance be able to examine those cacti!
- Could do with a bit more checking for typos

(Obviously the plot was very generic, but I assume that was intentional?)

I look forward to your next game!

(BTW this game doesn't appear on your profile list... you might want to edit the game page and put yourself down as the guy who made it?!)

The Fool

Hey, thanks for playing and feedback-ing :D
Yup, all your points are valid. I just wanted to make some really quick game (thus lack of descriptions and no sounds) to
finally start my gamemaking and hopefully give few people some lols :)

I guess making it inspired to read and write in english on regular basis (I'm not native english speaker and I still need to work on my grammar and vocabulary) and dig in awesome games, movies, books and stories in general to figure out, what makes them so awesome :D

Making this one (as silly as it might be) was really fun and I'd like to make more and better :wink:

selmiak

This is a funny short game, but a bit too linear.

The Fool

Hey guys,
I added slightly weird bluesy soundtrack and one good gentleman helped me to correct texts.
Try again if you want!

Ghost

I explored the world, faced the ghosts, and boy did I feel the blues!

A really nice, short game, especially for a "first game". Carry on, sir!  :)

Slasher

Pressing ECS quit the game automatically.

elegantmechanic

Nice little game, I like the visual style which manages to make it not seem like an AGS game at all because it doesn't look like most others.

One problem I had:
Spoiler
I can't pick up the coin when it first drops into the screen.  It's hard to point at the coin anyway because it's so small so I tried several times thinking I was missing the hotspot.  However, I found that if I left the screen and then returned to it, I could pick the coin up no problem.

I re-played the game to see if the same thing happened and it did: I couldn't pick up the coin at all unless I left the screen and returned, and there was no reason for me to do that other than sheer frustration.
[close]
Apart from that glitch it was good.

Slasher

There are a number of problem areas within this game and things that should have been there were missing.

If this is your first game then you have done fairly well. The story, red backgrounds and ideas were quite good. I loved the music you chose.

I don't know how long you worked on it but I've played games that took many months to make and they were no better than yours to be honest.

It can be hard to escape linear solutions sometimes but keep working at it ;)

Hopefully you will take on board peoples comments for your next game.

Good luck with future games  (nod)

The Fool

elegantmechanic:
Spoiler
Just tried it. Hotspot works from the beginning, It's just really ridiculously small. I promise I'll do better next time ;)
[close]

Slasher: Weeeell... :D
It's my first game where I didn't try to be make something wierdly "deep" or spontaneous mindfuck, but rather something adventury and entertaining :D
As i said, It was a quickie. I think I made it in 3 days + one afternoon making music, thus the lack of descriptions linear story line.
I think I'm getting sense of what games I'd like to make. Hopefully I'll really make something :D

Glad you guys had fun and commented :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk