Road to Brollywood - My first game!

Started by ODGames, Wed 17/04/2013 20:16:08

Previous topic - Next topic

ODGames

Hello, I'm Zinedin and I develop my games under the name OD Games!

This is MY VERY FIRST GAME, and I'm a 14-year-old kid from Europe who wants to make little games - it is far from a perfect game, so please go a little easy on me. xD

The title of the game is Road to Brollywood! The game follows Seth attempting to become a famous movie star in Brollywood, the land of the dreams!

Download it here:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1672/

Or here:
http://gamejolt.com/games/adventure/road-to-brollywood/14081/

Yours truly,

Zinedin O. - OD Games :)

ZapZap

Congrats on your first game! Put screenshots before they lock the thread, it's in the rules. I'll try the game later
"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

LimpingFish

Quote from: Cleanic on Wed 17/04/2013 21:02:10
Put screenshots before they lock the thread, it's in the rules.

Technically, the rule is to try to include at least one screenshot, as a courtesy. It's the GiP board that has the mandatory screenshots rule. ;)

The download size was incorrectly set on the database entry, though. Sizes should be entered in multiples of 1000. I've gone ahead and corrected it.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Adeel

Quote from: ODGames on Wed 17/04/2013 20:16:08
Hello, I'm Zinedin and I develop my games under the name OD Games!

This is MY VERY FIRST GAME, and I'm a 14-year-old kid from Europe who wants to make little games - it is far from a perfect game, so please go a little easy on me. xD
Well, at the very least, you are FAR BETTER than ME. I, being a 16 year old, hasn't even started on making my first game ever. (Lazy, me!)  :smiley:
    I have a request though, please upload to another host (if you can) other than gamejolt.com because that website doesn't work on my browser  :shocked:
    Anyways, wish you best of luck for future games. (nod)

Eric

I being 30 have had both of your lifetimes put together to make a game, and you're already ahead of me, and I hate you and want to steal your youth.

Retro Wolf

Wish I was doing this sort of thing at 14.... imagine what you could achieve in 10 years time!
Congratulations on having the patience to complete a game, and keep at it!

ODGames

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments :)

I'll try to upload the game to other distribution sites too - oh, and if you play the game, I'd like to warn you: The game is extremely short and simple, BUT there is one no-win situation you can get into - I'll just say this - Don't forget the items at Sam's. You'll know what I mean when you play it! :)

Oh, and I have a little treat for Broken Sword fans in the game! :)

Fitz

Quote from: Eric on Thu 18/04/2013 15:15:55
I being 30 have had both of your lifetimes put together to make a game, and you're already ahead of me, and I hate you and want to steal your youth.

Yeah, kids these days... Two of the guys helping me with translation -- including Adeel here -- are half my age, and are so ambitious that my younger self, who was very often called a nerd, would call THEM nerds ;)

CaptainD

Downloading!  When I was 14 I had lots of mad dreams about becoming a game designer / programmer / whatever, didn't really have the verve to properly finish anything at that age (it's only taken me another 22 to start getting close), so well done!

Adeel

Quote from: ODGames on Thu 18/04/2013 18:09:57
I'll try to upload the game to other distribution sites too
Well, as soon as you upload it other distribution sites, don't forget to update this thread or simply, just PM me.

Quote from: Fitz on Thu 18/04/2013 22:52:20
Yeah, kids these days... Two of the guys helping me with translation -- including Adeel here -- are half my age, and are so ambitious that my younger self, who was very often called a nerd, would call THEM nerds ;)
Well, computer is my only ambition since I were 6. I distinctly remember, asking my father to give me computer as a gift if I came first in class. Since then, I am officially "NERD" (laugh)

Quote from: Eric on Thu 18/04/2013 15:15:55
Sir, you are very talented artist (something which I may never become). I want to steal your talent :)

ODGames

Does anyone have any non-GameJolt distributor suggestions? :)

Anyone who is unable to download from Game Jolt - Take a look at this MediaFire link. :)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?8wbvt0qw8ayczd1

Adeel

Just downloading your game now. Thought, I would notify you.
    BTW, I hop: may you and I work together on a game in near future.

ODGames

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Sat 20/04/2013 16:15:52
Just downloading your game now. Thought, I would notify you.
    BTW, I hop: may you and I work together on a game in near future.

Would be great ... Although you'll probably change your mind after you play my game! :)

geork

Congratulations on your first game! Ahh, I remember the heady days of 14... I think I'd just about grasped the concept of a variable by the end of that year. Needless to say, you're miles ahead of where I was :-D. I can't wait to see what you produce over the coming years! :)

Just a small bug:
Spoiler
I can't seem to get out of the room with the receptionist once I'm in it...I might be missing something though...
[close]

ODGames

Quote from: geork on Mon 22/04/2013 23:26:11
Just a small bug:
Spoiler
I can't seem to get out of the room with the receptionist once I'm in it...I might be missing something though...
[close]

Do you have two certain inventory items with you? If you don't, you've just entered the so-called "no-win" situation, and have to restart/restore a saved game. I'm mean. :) However, if you have two items (currently more important item [hint: yellow color, girly]), you can reach the next level, just think. :)

If you have problems, you can message me.

Thank you on your kind comments. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk