THE BUM - Now available in German!

Started by Gribbler, Fri 26/04/2013 00:19:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Gribbler

The game tells a story of a homeless man who communicates with the world using an old sock on his right hand. He's a huge football fan and plays it a lot near his backalley. One day he gets mugged by a wandering bully and loses his precious ball in the process. Now he must pull himself together, team up with a local superhero, find a new ball and confront his oppressor again.

And so here it is, folks! The idea for this game was conceived six years ago. And now, after five years of toe wiggling and wall staring, and one year of actual production, we have the GAME. It was a long and very personal journey. We hope you'll like what you'll play. Please do let us know in the comments!

DOWNLOAD THE GAME HERE
HAVE FUN!

kaput

Downloaded and am playing now - so far so good! A really nice and fresh looking game and the humor is spot on. I can tell I'm going to enjoy this  (nod)

kconan

I'll be downloading and playing this one...Looks like fun, and congrats on finishing!

Stupot

Well done Gribbler. Looks like a lot of fun. I'll download it later today.
Don't forget to rate, people!

Retro Wolf

With all that time spent in the rumpus room, how the bloody hell did you finish it?!  ;) DOWNLOADING!

arj0n

I'll keep this one for the weekend!

Gribbler

I just spend a lot of time in front of the computer, and of course I did not make the game alone, you know. Parafia is the author of all the graphics.

Enjoy the game! (laugh)

CaptainD

Congrats on the release!  Definitely looking good.

JSH

Holy shit, it's out! Congrats on the release Gribbler! :D Downloading now, this is gonna be a treat!

miguel

Congrats on releasing the game!
It will be my Sunday sweet!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

arj0n

Congrats Gribbler & Parafia.

Crimson Wizard

Game is really fresh looking and colorful!

ZapZap

Just finished it! Very cool game
Loved the
Spoiler
Horatio part and the football jokes
[close]
those really made me laugh
"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

Gribbler

Hooray Cleanic! You're the first one! I'm very happy you enjoyed the game!

Did you find easter egg with the creators? :smiley:

Fitz

Bede grau w gre ;)

Also, Parafia's personal text is one of my favorite quotes, too.

Parafia

Quote from: Fitz on Fri 26/04/2013 12:53:48
Bede grau w gre ;)

Also, Parafia's personal text is one of my favorite quotes, too.

Fitz I can tell you, when it comes to adventure games, I hold DOTT in highest regard. Appreciate it :)

MiŠ‚ego grania :)

Tabata

Cooool ~ it's out!  :cheesy:

Congrats for the release!

Finally I will be able to play with the sock puppet

Gribbler

QuoteFinally I will be able to play with the sock puppet

Welcome to the socker club! (laugh)

Ghost

I'm just past the first few puzzles, but this is potentially one of the funniest, beautiful AGS games I've ever played. Gorgeous backgrounds and animation, and good writing... it's a love letter to retro adventure games.

One little oddity- the floating "under cursor"-label-thingy repeatedly clips the font outline. In a game with such obvious polish it really stands out; it looks as if the GUI region isn't big enough for the label to fit:
[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/dUBfh5O.png[/imgzoom]

Gribbler

QuoteOne little oddity- the floating "under cursor"-label-thingy repeatedly clips the font outline. In a game with such obvious polish it really stands out; it looks as if the GUI region isn't big enough for the label to fit

You mean the top of "f" letter?

Ghost

Yes. I played some more and it is really happening a lot, not just with "f"s.

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/eJQjlf8.png[/imgzoom]
(h, l, i and t are all cut off)

It's really nothing critical, but (IMO) exactly the kind of oddity that stands out once a game reaches a certain amount of quality.  ;-D

Gribbler

We played the game so many times and neither Parafia nor I noticed it. Well, I'm gonna have to ask SSH for help with this. It's his description module, he may know how to resolve this.

Ghost

Most likely the actual GUI to hold the label is not large enough, or the label is a bit too much "at the top".

But really, this is just one little detail and I don't want to come over all citicizey. It's an awesome game so far.
Spoiler
The little scene with the "other" sock had me in stitches! we don't trust silent backstabbers, indeed!  (laugh)
[close]

dactylopus

This game is a lot of fun!

Congratulations on releasing it!

I did happen upon an error:

Spoiler

This happened when trying to use an item on the skull.
[close]

Still trying to figure out the game, but having fun.

Gribbler

Ah, bugs... how I missed you :-\

Thank you, dactylopus for finding it. Already fixed!

I will upload updated build tonight.

JSH

Alright, finished it, very nice little game, you guys did a great job!

The good:
- The graphics and animations -  Looks like a professionally made old point and click adventure!
- The characters, humor and dialogue - Well written, many funny jokes and weird characters!
- The ending! Love the slideshow in the credits and the awesome cliffhanger!

The bad:

- Everything being unskippable except the very first intro. There is no reason to not have this, since AGS supports skippable cutscenes with a simple tag. This becomes very annoying since your scripting uses a lot of pauses and animations in dialogue, which is great for comedic timing but makes it impossible to skip quickly through speech by left clicking. In some places you can't even click past the speech at all making it even worse(like the guitar guy song).

- Tiny hotspots. I got stuck three times due to miniscule hotspots:
Spoiler
1. The pipe thingy which you put the valve on
2. The branch that you break off
3. The rope around the dragon
[close]
- Playing ahead of the game, there is a whole bunch of puzzles that can be completed before you have any idea of why or any reason to. (Revealing the solution before the problem). It's a common thing in these kinds of games though, especially the wacky humorous ones so I'd say it's more of personal taste than anything.

- Unrelated cause and effect, not giving the player any indication(or even logical reason) that something has changed in a different place and that he needs to backtrack. It's not a huge problem in this game since there is so few rooms but I just thought I'd mention it. :)

I'm thinking specifically of the fact that:
Spoiler
looking at the pipe in the sewers spawns the guitar guy up above. It makes sense from a puzzle perspective, but I would prefer a chain of events caused by the player, like for instance, maybe the guitar guy would be trapped in the sewers and released when you opened the first door or something like that.
[close]
Overall I think this game is great, especially being your first and I would definitely pay for a full length game like it :)

I hope I don't come across as super negative but I also found some bugs:
Spoiler
1. There seems to be some kind of problem with sounds sometimes suddenly cutting off at the end? Mostly noticable when the guitar riff thing plays after the ginger guy puts on his shades.
2. The grating in the sewers always look closed if you view it from the right side(next to the knocked out guy) even when it has been opened with the valve.
3. The very same grating will have the hand icon animate if you hover over it from the right side, but no description or reaction if you click. Could be a problem in more places if you deactivate other hotspots in a similar way.
[close]

Gribbler

Thank you JSH for all the comments. We will draw conclusions (some people might go jump off a bridge, but never mind that)  (laugh)

QuoteIn some places you can't even click past the speech at all making it even worse(like the guitar guy song).
This was intentional because of the timing with the music. But you're right, it should've been skippable entirely with ESC. Btw, I had a problem with skippable cutscenes, namely the game was freezing after pressing ESC. It only worked in the intro for some reason.

Parafia

Ghost, Jsh and others, thanks for honest opinion and pointing out the flaws. Both of us treat this game as a test of our abilities and everything you or anyone else writes will be taken under a consideration and analyzed. Jsh I'm especially glad you liked the cliffhanger:) I hope in the end, the flaws wont take the fun out of the game.

Gribbler

I've just uploaded new build with the Skull error resolved so if you didn't download the game already and wanna go and use bunch of items on the skull, you can now do that :smiley:

EchosofNezhyt

Looks good man nice.

The Fool

LOVED IT!
Excellent writing and jokes, neat graphics and music.

I would only suggest to
Spoiler
expand hotspots for thinner piece of branch, rope and place for valve
[close]

Congratulations on making great piece like this.

:)

Gribbler

Thank you so much for kind words, RaGG! I'm happy you enjoyed our game.

Suggestion on hotspots noted :smiley: I assume you got stuck on them :P

The Fool

Just a little :D
Spoiler
The only major stuck was caused by the rope
[close]

Oh, and the ending rocked! ;)

Shadow1000

I finished the game and loved it! The puzzles are well designed and the best part of the game is definitely the humour, followed by the creativity. I had a lot of laughs and really enjoyed the game.

Thank you for your hard work!

SHADOW

dactylopus

Just finished the game.  Got a little stuck here and there, but I should have tried things repeatedly rather than ruling them out when they didn't work the first time.

Excellent work, both of you!

I really enjoyed this game.  I liked the characters, particularly Evil Man Thomas.

The ending is fantastic.  I had to re-launch the game so I could watch it again.

Tabata

Finally I found the time to play the last part of the game and finished it.

… and it really has been my blue-cup of tea (nod)

You didn't make me feel to play your first game.
Nicely drawn and animated with individual characters, lots of humor and
a not-like-every-day-story entertained me very well . . . and the end was unexpected.
In short:

You did a very good job here and can be proud of your game.  ;-D

... and now I hope that well-behaved Pola (congrats to mum and dad)

will give you time to go on with game making.

- hop, hop, hop - DO IT!
I want to play more  :grin:

Tramponline

Lovely game. You guys did a marvellous job! Congrats on your first release you two.

A lot of wacky and hilarious lines, Gribbler and great graphics and animations, Parafia!

I'm guilty of overlooking that
Spoiler
valve hotspot
[close]
as well, hence I played your game in a kind of topsy-turvy puzzle order - (as JSH has already mentioned before me) -
which subsequently left me a bit dangling plot-wise right after I got the
Spoiler
ueberball.

However this small detail could be easily rectified, if the 'sock' :cheesy: would elaborate a bit on his response, "Not yet."/"How do you want to fight him?" when the player is using the ueberball on the goal for the very first time. On all subsequent occasions this response is perfectly fine!
[close]
Perhaps keep in mind to build in some kind of 'failsafes' for parallel or 'reverse' puzzle solving in order for the player not to loose the golden thread of logic & motive.
Other than that there's nothing stopping you guys.

I had a thoroughly great time playing this game!   

Gribbler

QuoteI want to play more

This is music to my ears, Tabata :smiley:

Now I only have to convince my wife that the fans demand more. I'm sure Pola would be very proud if daddy were to make another game (laugh)

nihilyst

I really enjoyed playing The Bum, although I got stuck on
Spoiler
finding some hotspots (like the small end of the branch or the flies).
[close]

Graphics, music, sfx, humor and lots of funny animations. Good one! Play it! :)

Shadow1000

Quote from: Tramponline on Sun 28/04/2013 20:19:34
Perhaps keep in mind to build in some kind of 'failsafes' for parallel or 'reverse' puzzle solving in order for the player not to loose the golden thread of logic & motive.
Other than that there's nothing stopping you guys.

I find this interesting because I'm intrigued by adventure game puzzles and how they are developed :)

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by 'failsafes' for parallel or 'reverse' puzzle solving?

Do you simply mean alternative methods of completing a puzzle if you get stuck trying the "right" way?

Thank you

SHADOW

Lasca

Beautiful game!

Parafia

All i can say is that i'm extremely happy that my work brings such positive emotions to all of You. For many years now, i'm stuck in mindless and imagineless corporate work and seeing this makes me want to take all the images and ideas that are born im my head daily and change them into colorful pixels. Thank you everyone :)

CaptainD

Enjoying it so far (though not so much the pixel hunts!  :P)

The shop is like one huge love letter to Monkey Island!  Some very funny moments in this game.  I also noticed nods to Fully Throttle and Broken Sword of course, I'm wondering how many I might have missed  :-D

Snake

EXCELLENT! This is one I've been looking forward to!

Downloading now! I will play sometime today, if not immediately after download... I am home today to take care of a sick wife and daughter, so an AGS game is a perfect thing for me to do in the meantime (besides work on one myself *winky-wink*)
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Gribbler

Guys, I'm gonna upload updated version soon. I'll fix some of the bugging issues, particularly pixel hunting. Btw, the cause was that some objects which were going to be picked up did not have hotspots at all. There was only the object itself with the size of its layer in graphic program Parafia was using.

Fitz

Really fun so far. The characters are just hilarious, Roy being my personal favorite. I love the smart-assed, absurd humor -- and those nods towards the late LucasArts. And all the Poland-related stuff (as any patriot would!) :P The news item about Poland becoming a petrol paradise cracked me up :)

NickyNyce

Completed it!

A great game with interesting and fun characters, funny writing and a beautiful world to explore. The puzzles were logical and also fun to figure out. Thank you guys for making this and sharing it with everyone, Bravo!

Looking forward to your next project, you're off to a great start. 

KiraHaraReturns

just played it through and it was great

piperhcombs

I am currently playing, and as much I am enjoying it, I seem to have run into a problem. I am now at the stage where
Spoiler
I need the string for the firecracker, and according the helpful Shadow1000 over at the Hints & Tips forum, I should only have to look at the sneaker to get the shoelace from it to use as string.

Unfortunately, I have looked at the darn sneakers a thousand times, and all the bum does is describe it. I have even tried starting a new game, grabbing the sneaker right away and looking at it, and even looking at the sneaker while it's on the ground. He still does noting beyond describing it.
[close]

Is there some sort of a bug here? Or am I missing something?
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

Gribbler

I really don't know what to say. I tested it and it works fine. The code also looks good. Maybe try to download the latest build and start the game over?

Gribbler

Also you could try

Spoiler
picking up the sneaker and looking at it right after the intro (skipped with ESC)
[close]

piperhcombs

Quote from: Gribbler on Tue 30/04/2013 15:27:34
Also you could try

Spoiler
picking up the sneaker and looking at it right after the intro (skipped with ESC)
[close]

I did that, I even tried redownloading it. On a different computer. Still won't let me have the string.

Gribbler

Hey piperhcombs, I think I found what is causing the bug you're experiencing. I will upload updated version of the game tonight. I do hope you did give up on the game and you'll try once more! :smiley:

Gribbler

The Bum version 1.01 is now ready for download. Some issues and bugs has been resolved: "cut-off" description letters, pixel hunting in you know where ( :smiley:), sneaker bug, and also biker puzzle continuity. To those who downloaded the game earlier but didn't play it yet, please download latest version. Thank you!

piperhcombs

Yay! It worked! Thanks!

Sslaxx

Minor issue here: You can pause the game anywhere, including on the initial logo and menu screen.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

piperhcombs

Quote from: Gribbler on Fri 26/04/2013 20:37:50
Thank you JSH for all the comments. We will draw conclusions (some people might go jump off a bridge, but never mind that)  (laugh)

QuoteIn some places you can't even click past the speech at all making it even worse(like the guitar guy song).
This was intentional because of the timing with the music. But you're right, it should've been skippable entirely with ESC. Btw, I had a problem with skippable cutscenes, namely the game was freezing after pressing ESC. It only worked in the intro for some reason.

I get the timing with the music, but the thing is, I'm one of those people who don't always play with the sound on. If I hadn't read these posts, I wouldn't have known why the text wasn't skippable. Maybe you could have some of caption or cue there that says something like "turn up the volume" so those of us who might be playable with the volume down know to turn it up to get the full effect.

MiteWiseacreLives!

On the topic of music, I only get music at the title screen not in the game, is this intended (super minimal music)?

piperhcombs

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Wed 01/05/2013 02:15:18
On the topic of music, I only get music at the title screen not in the game, is this intended (super minimal music)?

Well, there are some areas without music and in some places the background music in the game is pretty low key and quiet (at least for me) so if your volume isn't up too high, you might not hear it.  For instance, in the well, the music is almost equal in volume to the running water.

SarahLiz

Just finished the game...I have to say, I had a blast playing it.  I loved the humor and the puzzles were challenging but definitely attainable.  As soon as the bully came into the intro scene and I heard that familiar tune playing, I already knew it would be a lot of fun to play.  The graphics were just to my taste too, and I enjoyed the colorful backgrounds, simple enough but with great detail as well.  Beautiful game, deserves a GREAT rating.  I already can't wait to see what comes next!

piperhcombs

Gotta say, love the tribute? parody? shout-out? to Horatio Caine of CSI Miami. As soon as I heard "YEEEEEEAAAH!" that Red Justice song made sense. I loved that show, but Horatio was really cheesy.

Gribbler

QuoteOn the topic of music, I only get music at the title screen not in the game, is this intended (super minimal music)?

There's music in the intro, well, roy's store,
Spoiler
RJ's hideout
[close]
outro and credits. The rest of the locations have ambient city sounds. It was all intentional.

Oh, and there's also
Spoiler
Ballad of Red Justice
[close]

QuoteMinor issue here: You can pause the game anywhere, including on the initial logo and menu screen.
I will fix this in the next update.

And thank you so much for all positive comments :smiley: It's very encouraging! Makes me wanna write more games! (laugh)

Duzz

Great game! I love the character, and all the animation juicing up the dialog is superb. That attention to detail really pays off!
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

nads

Can't wait to see what you guys do next! Had a blast with this one, loved the dialog as well as the attention to detail with the animation. Keep up the good work guys!

Leon

Great game, what can I say: We don't get fooled again... (laugh)
Looking forward to the sequel.

btw:
- debug mode is still on..
- WT can be found here
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Ryan Timothy B

You even managed to bring Leon back just to play this game! Looks like I definitely need to get off my arse and give this game a go.

SeamanNaranja

Finally got the chance to play your game! It's just... Magnificent. The visual style is awesome, and the animation... Well, it takes me back to MI1. Love all the classic adventure references in the shop and the football references as well. Fun on Dani Alves' behalf can never be wrong!

I'm also stuck. Already. But in a good way, like old times. Can't wait to see how it all ends for the sock and his bum! :)
Developer of Hjarta, Providence and Skumring.

arj0n

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Thu 02/05/2013 16:42:58
You even managed to bring Leon back just to play this game!
;)

Gribbler

Hi guys! I got first bunch of trivia and fun facts for you about The Bum:

- Gribbler IS sort of colorblind.
- Gribbler created concept sketches and drew first locations by himself. You can laugh at them below. (laugh)
(at locations that is, cause sketches aren't that bad I think, or at least I like to think that :smiley:)
- Busker's dog is a real-life Parafia's dog, named Pixel. He was the dream dog of Parafia and his girlfriend
which they always wanted to have. They got the dog almost the same day the game was released.
- Evil Man Thomas was previously an elderly man and was last minute (although his creation lasted months :smiley:)
addition to prolong the game.
- The game was a first time (ever) programming task for Gribbler
- Gribbler and Parafia are long time real-life friends. They've known each other for nearly 15 years.
- Years back, first concept for sock personality was to make him resemble Tony Clifton (Andy Kaufman's character)
- Due to the above, the game had many profanities.
Spoiler
- Real Madrid idea was added very late into the production to ground the game in reality. At first,
it was about fictitious team in a extremely low division of some fictitious league
[close]
Spoiler
- At the beginnig, like 2007, instead of RJ there was Kaz Hirai, at the time head of Sony Computer Entertainment.
He was supposed to be secret wisdom master, sitting in a cave full of Japanese and samurai themes.
[close]
- Both Gribbler and Parafia are also devoted console gamers
- Tracksuit thug's "demise" was one of the very first ideas for the game and it's based on an old Polish joke.

The very first Gribbler's sketch of Bum's alley:
[IMGzoom]http://i.imgur.com/rfvJFPp.jpg[/IMGzoom]

Gribbler's "artistic" vision of playing field:
[IMGzoom]http://i.imgur.com/svNQBz7.png[/IMGzoom]

The very first Parafia's version of the street and Bum:
[IMGzoom]http://i.imgur.com/lfG7Nwy.png[/IMGzoom]

Parafia's Pixel:

kaput

Some interesting facts there Gribbler - you forgot to credit The dead parrot sketch, though ;)

When should we expect to see you on This is your life? (laugh)

Gribbler

Quotefirst bunch of

Patience, my friend, patience. There's more to come :P

kaput

My bad  :sealed:

That dog is seriously cute btw. D'awww look at those eyes, you would totally let him rip up your furnature. How could you be mad with a face like that??  :smiley:

selmiak

Finally completed it! I really enjoyed it. The weird characters and nice animations make me want to play the sequel in no time :)

Gribbler

Thanks, selmiak! I'm glad to hear you liked our game :)

And-or

Hey, just finished it! This is one really perfect game. It has everything I am looking for in the adventure game. The story, the drawings, the music - really great! It reminds me a lot the old classics, but it's fresh and original. It is now one of my favorites!
Btw the polish "dres" was like a real one - I think I spotted him recently in my home town :)
Where is the "donate" button? I think you really deserve something more than gratitude for this game. Do you accept cash? Phone? Wacz? :D
Looking forward to the sequel! Maybe with voices? ;)

Big thanks!

myname

Looks great Gribbler!  Been lookin forward to playing this.

The Fool

Agree with the donate button! :)

Gribbler

I'm afraid there's no donate button. But instead, share a coin with the homeless person when you see one. :smiley: For The Bum!

srnickolas

I just finished this and is just brilliant,every aspect of this,story characters puzzles characters music....may i ask the music from the song that the dude with the banjo sings,where is it from,its very beautiful and emotional!

Gribbler

It's Dragonborn Comes cover from Skyrim played by this one guy on youtube.

Here's original: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r3rmcSzb6XE

And talking about beautiful, try this version: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wr-buV4tYOA

It's just superb.

Oh, and of course thanks for positive feedback. I'm very happy you liked our game :smiley:

srnickolas

Thanks for the links my friend and the game deserves only positive feedbacks!

cianty

Just finished the game and wanted to say: Thank you for a few very enjoyable hours! The graphics are absolutely top-notch stuff and the character was very funny and likeable. I very much enjoyed playing in this "universe". I think you managed to create something that - while being something completely different and original - very much captures the feel of the Monkey Island universe. It's really fantastic and I hope to see more adventures of the Bum.
ca. 70% completed

Stupot

Just finished.  Very enjoyable little game. And certainly not a walk in the park, difficulty-wise.
Spoiler
I loved the post-credits twist at the end.  Very Marvel. Can't wait for the next game.
I was expecting some little wiring puzzles from those electrical boxes.  Did you originally plan to have them?
[close]

One minor thing (if no one else has mentioned it yet), quite often, a character says "(sight)", instead of "(sigh)".

Gribbler

QuoteI think you managed to create something that - while being something completely different and original - very much captures the feel of the Monkey Island universe.

That might just be THE BEST compliment ever someone gave me about this game! :-D Thank you so much!!

QuoteOne minor thing (if no one else has mentioned it yet), quite often, a character says "(sight)", instead of "(sigh)".

Thanks for the heads up! I have no idea how those got passed by me and Parafia. Gotta fix it.

cat

Just finished the game. It was very enjoyable. The graphics are very good with high level animations. The puzzles were top notch: I was challanged but managed to finish without a walkthrough.
Spoiler
I always thought I need to catch the dove and get her gold necklace to pay for the ball. That's why I didn't understand why I couldn't do the spider trick yet. But I got the extended antenna very late in the game.
[close]

I only wish there had been an original soundtrack. The chosen music was fitting, but such a great game deserves its own music. Maybe you could get one of talented composers here in the forum for your next game?

Also I'd have loved to see more hotspots. In the shop and the park there there were so many things without a hotspot or description. Also talking to the monkey or dragen would have been nice.

I often found the long breaks in the dialogs annoying. Sometimes less is more. A pause is good for emphasizing but gets worn out quickly.

All in all great game, I had lots of fun playing and I'm looking forward to your next game.

Gribbler

I'm happy you enjoyed our game, cat.  :smiley:

And if we're ever gonna do another game, we will surely ask for help with original soundtrack for it.

Jaffles

That was great! Loved the animations and the sense of humor. Only thing that tripped me up was

Spoiler
It wouldn't let me scare Evil Man Thomas before I tried to steal Phil's shirt
[close]

But that's my fault for trying to sequence break, I guess.

Can't wait for your next project!

Gribbler

Spoiler
It wouldn't let me scare Evil Man Thomas before I tried to steal Phil's shirt
[close]

Funny you mentioned this.
Spoiler
In the first build you could scare him whenever you wanted to, but people complained that it's solving the puzzle before you even know what for, and that it doesn't make sense. So in updated build I added shirt condition. I'm glad there's at least one person who wanted to scare Thomas just for fun, like me :smiley:
[close]

Anyway, I'm glad you liked the game! :D

salak

thanks to developers, it was great fun, especially for a football lover and ronaldo disliker such as me :) more, please :)

Gribbler

Thanks to the translating talents of Tramponline The Bum is now available in German language! I encourage all German speaking AGSers to try it out. It's summer holiday - what better things could you possibly have to do? :D

Oh, I've also added music to the game so if you don't speak German but were planning to revisit the game for some unexplained reason now is the perfect time. :)

Fitz

My German is a little rusty, but I'll definitely play it again -- and play the Polish version, while I'm at it, because I somehow missed that one when it was released. Curious about the music, too!

AprilSkies

Congratz man!
Oh how I'd like to play it again, but I don't understand a single german word!
I'll play it again in english.. because who knows if there will ever be an italian version!
How I wish there was!
(roll)

www.apemarina.altervista.org

cat

Usually, I try to play games in their original language (as long as I know the language, of course) but I strongly recommend Tramponline's translation. It is very well done and I know he put a lot of effort in it, which definitely pays off.

Vai777

Great game. I really enjoyed this game and I'm not a huge fan of humoristic games. In my opinion, the end of the game was a bit strange/disapointing though.

moomatz

The game is beautiful. Absolutely. Only ONE gripe. WAY too much dialogue. Maximum verbosity in full swing.

Gribbler

QuoteWAY too much dialogue.
Well, yeah, you know... I got that a lot... uhm... But the characters are so deep and... uhm... their story so rich. It just couldn't be done differently. :)

AdventureGameSite

Hello,

thank you for this great game and thank you for the translation into German.
That the dialogues are so long is not bad, so I have to read more. ;)

I have the game on my German website listed (AdventureGameSite.de).
I have also released a Let's Play for "The Bum" on YouTube.
I hope you'll agree.

I hope I can expect more games of this type from you.

With kind regards,
Mario

Gribbler

Thank you for posting The Bum on your website. I'm happy you liked our game, Mario! I do hope you endured this ocean of text to the end. :)

I liked the different voice for each character! Especially Roy. :) I'd love to hear you sing the ballad which comes later in the game. :D

AdventureGameSite

I guess I'll have to save my voice the next day. (laugh)
I've played through the game and also sang the ballad ... I hope I will therefore not sued. I can not sing definitely ... :X
I'll cut the episodes and publish as soon as possible.
The ending is very well done by the way.
Especially the phrase "To be continued". ;)

/EDIT
★ The Bum - Playlist

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk