THE BUM - Now available in German!

Started by Gribbler, Fri 26/04/2013 00:19:30

Previous topic - Next topic

piperhcombs

Gotta say, love the tribute? parody? shout-out? to Horatio Caine of CSI Miami. As soon as I heard "YEEEEEEAAAH!" that Red Justice song made sense. I loved that show, but Horatio was really cheesy.
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

Gribbler

QuoteOn the topic of music, I only get music at the title screen not in the game, is this intended (super minimal music)?

There's music in the intro, well, roy's store,
Spoiler
RJ's hideout
[close]
outro and credits. The rest of the locations have ambient city sounds. It was all intentional.

Oh, and there's also
Spoiler
Ballad of Red Justice
[close]

QuoteMinor issue here: You can pause the game anywhere, including on the initial logo and menu screen.
I will fix this in the next update.

And thank you so much for all positive comments :smiley: It's very encouraging! Makes me wanna write more games! (laugh)

Duzz

Great game! I love the character, and all the animation juicing up the dialog is superb. That attention to detail really pays off!
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

nads

Can't wait to see what you guys do next! Had a blast with this one, loved the dialog as well as the attention to detail with the animation. Keep up the good work guys!

Leon

Great game, what can I say: We don't get fooled again... (laugh)
Looking forward to the sequel.

btw:
- debug mode is still on..
- WT can be found here
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Ryan Timothy B

You even managed to bring Leon back just to play this game! Looks like I definitely need to get off my arse and give this game a go.

SeamanNaranja

Finally got the chance to play your game! It's just... Magnificent. The visual style is awesome, and the animation... Well, it takes me back to MI1. Love all the classic adventure references in the shop and the football references as well. Fun on Dani Alves' behalf can never be wrong!

I'm also stuck. Already. But in a good way, like old times. Can't wait to see how it all ends for the sock and his bum! :)
Developer of Hjarta, Providence and Skumring.

arj0n

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Thu 02/05/2013 16:42:58
You even managed to bring Leon back just to play this game!
;)

Gribbler

Hi guys! I got first bunch of trivia and fun facts for you about The Bum:

- Gribbler IS sort of colorblind.
- Gribbler created concept sketches and drew first locations by himself. You can laugh at them below. (laugh)
(at locations that is, cause sketches aren't that bad I think, or at least I like to think that :smiley:)
- Busker's dog is a real-life Parafia's dog, named Pixel. He was the dream dog of Parafia and his girlfriend
which they always wanted to have. They got the dog almost the same day the game was released.
- Evil Man Thomas was previously an elderly man and was last minute (although his creation lasted months :smiley:)
addition to prolong the game.
- The game was a first time (ever) programming task for Gribbler
- Gribbler and Parafia are long time real-life friends. They've known each other for nearly 15 years.
- Years back, first concept for sock personality was to make him resemble Tony Clifton (Andy Kaufman's character)
- Due to the above, the game had many profanities.
Spoiler
- Real Madrid idea was added very late into the production to ground the game in reality. At first,
it was about fictitious team in a extremely low division of some fictitious league
[close]
Spoiler
- At the beginnig, like 2007, instead of RJ there was Kaz Hirai, at the time head of Sony Computer Entertainment.
He was supposed to be secret wisdom master, sitting in a cave full of Japanese and samurai themes.
[close]
- Both Gribbler and Parafia are also devoted console gamers
- Tracksuit thug's "demise" was one of the very first ideas for the game and it's based on an old Polish joke.

The very first Gribbler's sketch of Bum's alley:
[IMGzoom]http://i.imgur.com/rfvJFPp.jpg[/IMGzoom]

Gribbler's "artistic" vision of playing field:
[IMGzoom]http://i.imgur.com/svNQBz7.png[/IMGzoom]

The very first Parafia's version of the street and Bum:
[IMGzoom]http://i.imgur.com/lfG7Nwy.png[/IMGzoom]

Parafia's Pixel:

kaput

Some interesting facts there Gribbler - you forgot to credit The dead parrot sketch, though ;)

When should we expect to see you on This is your life? (laugh)

Gribbler

Quotefirst bunch of

Patience, my friend, patience. There's more to come :P

kaput

My bad  :sealed:

That dog is seriously cute btw. D'awww look at those eyes, you would totally let him rip up your furnature. How could you be mad with a face like that??  :smiley:

selmiak

Finally completed it! I really enjoyed it. The weird characters and nice animations make me want to play the sequel in no time :)

Gribbler

Thanks, selmiak! I'm glad to hear you liked our game :)

And-or

Hey, just finished it! This is one really perfect game. It has everything I am looking for in the adventure game. The story, the drawings, the music - really great! It reminds me a lot the old classics, but it's fresh and original. It is now one of my favorites!
Btw the polish "dres" was like a real one - I think I spotted him recently in my home town :)
Where is the "donate" button? I think you really deserve something more than gratitude for this game. Do you accept cash? Phone? Wacz? :D
Looking forward to the sequel! Maybe with voices? ;)

Big thanks!

myname

Looks great Gribbler!  Been lookin forward to playing this.

The Fool

Agree with the donate button! :)
:)

Gribbler

I'm afraid there's no donate button. But instead, share a coin with the homeless person when you see one. :smiley: For The Bum!

srnickolas

I just finished this and is just brilliant,every aspect of this,story characters puzzles characters music....may i ask the music from the song that the dude with the banjo sings,where is it from,its very beautiful and emotional!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk