THE BUM - Now available in German!

Started by Gribbler, Fri 26/04/2013 00:19:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Gribbler

It's Dragonborn Comes cover from Skyrim played by this one guy on youtube.

Here's original: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r3rmcSzb6XE

And talking about beautiful, try this version: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wr-buV4tYOA

It's just superb.

Oh, and of course thanks for positive feedback. I'm very happy you liked our game :smiley:

srnickolas

Thanks for the links my friend and the game deserves only positive feedbacks!

cianty

Just finished the game and wanted to say: Thank you for a few very enjoyable hours! The graphics are absolutely top-notch stuff and the character was very funny and likeable. I very much enjoyed playing in this "universe". I think you managed to create something that - while being something completely different and original - very much captures the feel of the Monkey Island universe. It's really fantastic and I hope to see more adventures of the Bum.
ca. 70% completed

Stupot

Just finished.  Very enjoyable little game. And certainly not a walk in the park, difficulty-wise.
Spoiler
I loved the post-credits twist at the end.  Very Marvel. Can't wait for the next game.
I was expecting some little wiring puzzles from those electrical boxes.  Did you originally plan to have them?
[close]

One minor thing (if no one else has mentioned it yet), quite often, a character says "(sight)", instead of "(sigh)".

Gribbler

QuoteI think you managed to create something that - while being something completely different and original - very much captures the feel of the Monkey Island universe.

That might just be THE BEST compliment ever someone gave me about this game! :-D Thank you so much!!

QuoteOne minor thing (if no one else has mentioned it yet), quite often, a character says "(sight)", instead of "(sigh)".

Thanks for the heads up! I have no idea how those got passed by me and Parafia. Gotta fix it.

cat

Just finished the game. It was very enjoyable. The graphics are very good with high level animations. The puzzles were top notch: I was challanged but managed to finish without a walkthrough.
Spoiler
I always thought I need to catch the dove and get her gold necklace to pay for the ball. That's why I didn't understand why I couldn't do the spider trick yet. But I got the extended antenna very late in the game.
[close]

I only wish there had been an original soundtrack. The chosen music was fitting, but such a great game deserves its own music. Maybe you could get one of talented composers here in the forum for your next game?

Also I'd have loved to see more hotspots. In the shop and the park there there were so many things without a hotspot or description. Also talking to the monkey or dragen would have been nice.

I often found the long breaks in the dialogs annoying. Sometimes less is more. A pause is good for emphasizing but gets worn out quickly.

All in all great game, I had lots of fun playing and I'm looking forward to your next game.

Gribbler

I'm happy you enjoyed our game, cat.  :smiley:

And if we're ever gonna do another game, we will surely ask for help with original soundtrack for it.

Jaffles

That was great! Loved the animations and the sense of humor. Only thing that tripped me up was

Spoiler
It wouldn't let me scare Evil Man Thomas before I tried to steal Phil's shirt
[close]

But that's my fault for trying to sequence break, I guess.

Can't wait for your next project!

Gribbler

Spoiler
It wouldn't let me scare Evil Man Thomas before I tried to steal Phil's shirt
[close]

Funny you mentioned this.
Spoiler
In the first build you could scare him whenever you wanted to, but people complained that it's solving the puzzle before you even know what for, and that it doesn't make sense. So in updated build I added shirt condition. I'm glad there's at least one person who wanted to scare Thomas just for fun, like me :smiley:
[close]

Anyway, I'm glad you liked the game! :D

salak

thanks to developers, it was great fun, especially for a football lover and ronaldo disliker such as me :) more, please :)

Gribbler

Thanks to the translating talents of Tramponline The Bum is now available in German language! I encourage all German speaking AGSers to try it out. It's summer holiday - what better things could you possibly have to do? :D

Oh, I've also added music to the game so if you don't speak German but were planning to revisit the game for some unexplained reason now is the perfect time. :)

Fitz

My German is a little rusty, but I'll definitely play it again -- and play the Polish version, while I'm at it, because I somehow missed that one when it was released. Curious about the music, too!

AprilSkies

Congratz man!
Oh how I'd like to play it again, but I don't understand a single german word!
I'll play it again in english.. because who knows if there will ever be an italian version!
How I wish there was!
(roll)

www.apemarina.altervista.org

cat

Usually, I try to play games in their original language (as long as I know the language, of course) but I strongly recommend Tramponline's translation. It is very well done and I know he put a lot of effort in it, which definitely pays off.

Vai777

Great game. I really enjoyed this game and I'm not a huge fan of humoristic games. In my opinion, the end of the game was a bit strange/disapointing though.

moomatz

The game is beautiful. Absolutely. Only ONE gripe. WAY too much dialogue. Maximum verbosity in full swing.

Gribbler

QuoteWAY too much dialogue.
Well, yeah, you know... I got that a lot... uhm... But the characters are so deep and... uhm... their story so rich. It just couldn't be done differently. :)

AdventureGameSite

Hello,

thank you for this great game and thank you for the translation into German.
That the dialogues are so long is not bad, so I have to read more. ;)

I have the game on my German website listed (AdventureGameSite.de).
I have also released a Let's Play for "The Bum" on YouTube.
I hope you'll agree.

I hope I can expect more games of this type from you.

With kind regards,
Mario

Gribbler

Thank you for posting The Bum on your website. I'm happy you liked our game, Mario! I do hope you endured this ocean of text to the end. :)

I liked the different voice for each character! Especially Roy. :) I'd love to hear you sing the ballad which comes later in the game. :D

AdventureGameSite

I guess I'll have to save my voice the next day. (laugh)
I've played through the game and also sang the ballad ... I hope I will therefore not sued. I can not sing definitely ... :X
I'll cut the episodes and publish as soon as possible.
The ending is very well done by the way.
Especially the phrase "To be continued". ;)

/EDIT
★ The Bum - Playlist

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk