The Bum

Started by noviigrac, Fri 26/04/2013 17:48:46

Previous topic - Next topic

SarahLiz

Hey, what a great game!  I'm pretty stuck though:

Spoiler
I've scared the biker guy with the spider and klonked the electrician on the head with the bucket of water.  No sure where to go from here.  I want to widen the crack in the well but don't know what to use.  Plus I have the saw but can't saw the branch off the tree...and I don't know what to combine with the antennae (or if I'm even supposed to use that) to get the shirt from the clothesline.  I also burned the newspaper in the tar bin but can't get it out
[close]

Spoiler
I have the deflated ball, shoe, antennae, matches, rag, notebook, duct tape, hammer, toolbox, saw, and the chicken/sword/firecracker.  I noticed someone talking about getting a piece of string for the firecracker but I don't see one anywhere
[close]

What do I do next?  Help please!  Any and all spoilers welcome...

Thanks in advance.
Sarah

Edit:  gahh, I'm trying to hide the dang text and it's not working.  I keep re-reading how to hide it in the FAQ section and it looks like I'm doing it correctly but...??  So sorry!  I'll keep trying.

Shadow1000

Quote from: SarahLiz on Mon 29/04/2013 22:03:38Hey, what a great game!  I'm pretty stuck though:

Spoiler
I've scared the biker guy with the spider and klonked the electrician on the head with the bucket of water.  No sure where to go from here.  I want to widen the crack in the well but don't know what to use.  Plus I have the saw but can't saw the branch off the tree...and I don't know what to combine with the antennae (or if I'm even supposed to use that) to get the shirt from the clothesline.  I also burned the newspaper in the tar bin but can't get it out
[close]

Spoiler
I have the deflated ball, shoe, antennae, matches, rag, notebook, duct tape, hammer, toolbox, saw, and the chicken/sword/firecracker.  I noticed someone talking about getting a piece of string for the firecracker but I don't see one anywhere
[close]

What do I do next?  Help please!  Any and all spoilers welcome...

Thanks in advance.
Sarah

Edit:  gahh, I'm trying to hide the dang text and it's not working.  I keep re-reading how to hide it in the FAQ section and it looks like I'm doing it correctly but...??  So sorry!  I'll keep trying.

Whew...lots of questions :)

Ok, first:

Question:
Spoiler
I want to widen the crack in the well but don't know what to use.
[close]

Answer:
Spoiler
you need the firecracker from Roy.
[close]

Question:
Spoiler
I have the saw but can't saw the branch off the tree...
[close]

Answer:
Spoiler
You need to wrap it in the rag on Roy's counter. It took me a while to notice it there so look carefully
[close]

Question:
Spoiler
and I don't know what to combine with the antennae (or if I'm even supposed to use that) to get the shirt from the clothesline.
[close]

Answer:
Spoiler
You're getting there :) Use the branch that you cut in the previous step. You'll need duct tape to combine them.
[close]

Question:
Spoiler
  I also burned the newspaper in the tar bin but can't get it out
[close]

Answer:
Spoiler
That's ok. You will need the tar for the firecracker. You'll see when you get there ;)
[close]

Question:
I'm trying to hide the dang text and it's not working.

Answer:
you are typing "[hide ]". Notice the space? you need to type it without the space and you'll be ok.

Good luck!

SHADOW

piperhcombs

Okay, I'm confused. How do you get
Spoiler
the string for the firecracker? I though maybe it was the shoelace from the sneaker, but I can't for the life of me get it off of the sneaker. I think I've searched every inch of the game...
[close]
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

Shadow1000

Quote from: piperhcombs on Tue 30/04/2013 02:06:21
Spoiler
the string for the firecracker? I though maybe it was the shoelace from the sneaker, but I can't for the life of me get it off of the sneaker. I think I've searched every inch of the game...
[close]

Trish:

Yes, you are right :)

Spoiler
try simply looking at the sneaker
[close]

Good luck

SHADOW

SarahLiz

Haha, yes it was a lot of questions wasn't it?  But thank you kind sir for taking the time to muddle through them all for me, much appreciated.  I'll try all of those things!

Sarah 

piperhcombs

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Tue 30/04/2013 02:58:38
Spoiler
[close]

Trish:

Spoiler
[close]

Good luck

SHADOW

See, I already tried that. All he does is describe the shoe. Am I missing something?

Shadow1000

Quote from: piperhcombs on Tue 30/04/2013 13:54:03
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Tue 30/04/2013 02:58:38
Spoiler
[close]

Trish:

Spoiler
[close]

Good luck

SHADOW

See, I already tried that. All he does is describe the shoe. Am I missing something?

No, I tried it again...

Maybe try using
Spoiler
sneaker on sneaker, using the hand icon
[close]
and then looking. I know that you don't need to do anything special or use anything else.

SHADOW

piperhcombs

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Tue 30/04/2013 14:13:48
No, I tried it again...

Maybe try using
Spoiler
[close]
and then looking. I know that you don't need to do anything special or use anything else.

SHADOW

Yeah, still nothing. Maybe there's something I need to do before I can get it? Is it doable right from the moment you pick it up?

Shadow1000

Quote from: piperhcombs on Tue 30/04/2013 14:24:06
No, I tried it again...

Maybe try using
Spoiler
[close]

SHADOW

Yeah, still nothing. Maybe there's something I need to do before I can get it? Is it doable right from the moment you pick it up?

Yes, it is...it's right there from the beginning of the game. Maybe the author can suggest what's going wrong? I did restart the game to confirm before I posted my answer.

SHADOW

piperhcombs

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Tue 30/04/2013 14:29:00
No, I tried it again...

Maybe try using
Spoiler
[close]

SHADOW

Yes, it is...it's right there from the beginning of the game. Maybe the author can suggest what's going wrong? I did restart the game to confirm before I posted my answer.

SHADOW

Huh...I know you can get the sneaker at the start of the game, but I have tried interacting with right after getting (by restarting and looking/grabbing first thing) and in my current save game. No dice either time.

Shadow1000

Quote from: piperhcombs on Tue 30/04/2013 14:52:51
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Tue 30/04/2013 14:29:00
No, I tried it again...

Maybe try using
Spoiler
[close]

SHADOW

SHADOW

Huh...I know you can get the sneaker at the start of the game, but I have tried interacting with right after getting (by restarting and looking/grabbing first thing) and in my current save game. No dice either time.

Best I can offer is to try if you email your save game to me. Otherwise, maybe the author can suggest what's going wrong.

SHADOW

Gribbler

Hi, Shadow. Thank you so much for the helping hand you're giving here. I tested piperhcomb's reported issue and everything works just fine. The code is also good. I'm baffled. How is this possible that onle one user is experiencing this bug?

Shadow1000

Quote from: Gribbler on Tue 30/04/2013 15:59:50
Hi, Shadow. Thank you so much for the helping hand you're giving here. I tested piperhcomb's reported issue and everything works just fine. The code is also good. I'm baffled. How is this possible that onle one user is experiencing this bug?

Dunno...worked fine for me, and I restarted the game and it worked ok still. Not sure where she's stuck.

SHADOW

SarahLiz

Eh, it's me again... :-[

Spoiler
I finally have the ueberball and got into the other side of the sewers.  I obviously need something to put into the little hole where a valve should be.  Does it have anything to do with the fire hydrant or the stuck faucet in the alley?  I'm just not really sure where to go from here...and is there anything else I need to do after I knocked out the biker dude?  Sorry if too many questions...I just need some direction is all.
[close]

Thanks again...

Shadow1000

Quote from: SarahLiz on Tue 30/04/2013 18:36:29

Spoiler
I finally have the ueberball and got into the other side of the sewers.  I obviously need something to put into the little hole where a valve should be.  Does it have anything to do with the fire hydrant or the stuck faucet in the alley?  I'm just not really sure where to go from here...and is there anything else I need to do after I knocked out the biker dude?  Sorry if too many questions...I just need some direction is all.
[close]

Thanks again...

Ahh..I got stuck there as well.

Spoiler
just come out of the sewer, there will be a singer on the bench. Go from there :)
[close]

SHADOW

Gribbler

Quoteis there anything else I need to do after I knocked out the biker dude?

Spoiler
If you try to get the shirt BEFORE you knock out the biker, pigeon wakes the gypsy up and he prevents you from taking the shirt.
Noticed ginger pigeon flying down after the knock out? If you didn't encounter pigeon "guaridian", seed spilling was just for the laughs that Thomas is not-so-tough sofite:-)
[close]

JSH

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Tue 30/04/2013 18:43:16
Quote from: SarahLiz on Tue 30/04/2013 18:36:29

Spoiler
[close]

Thanks again...

Ahh..I got stuck there as well.

Spoiler
just come out of the sewer, there will be a singer on the bench. Go from there :)
[close]

SHADOW

Just to clarify this further, you have to:
Spoiler

"Look" at the valve slot thingy or the singer will not appear.
[close]

SarahLiz

Thanks again (to all of you).  Finally finished!  What an AMAZING game.  I appreciate the help because the ending was definitely worth the wait.

SL

Shadow1000

Quote from: SarahLiz on Wed 01/05/2013 03:22:36
Thanks again (to all of you).  Finally finished!  What an AMAZING game.  I appreciate the help because the ending was definitely worth the wait.

SL

You're welcome. Glad I could participate in helping :) It really is a good game.

SHADOW

wendyj

Hi Gribbler
I have The Bum version 1.01.  Sometimes when I save a game, a "PAUSED" message/window pops up in the "play"/game screen and locks-out any further action, I cannot find a way to get rid of the PAUSED message and mouse-clicks etc are ignored.  I tried pressing every key (one by one) on my keyboard with no luck to unlock / unpause the game.
Please, how do I get turn off the PAUSED situation?
Many thanks
Wendy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk