Lorna Bains in: "The Coming Of Age" - Updated!

Started by Dhelayan, Sun 28/04/2013 19:05:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhelayan

ReVenture Games presents:

Lorna Bains in: "The Coming Of Age"

Tallahassee, 1933.

Meet Lorna Bains, young college student, part-time waitress at a local café…and aspiring journalist too!

It's a very special day for Lorna.

Not only will she write her application letter for a big new york city newspaper today, she turns 21 years old too!

But instead of getting a cake and gifts, her life will be turned upside down.

• Classic Point-and-Click interface
  • Hand-drawn characters and backgrounds
  • A comedic story, inspired by Sierra's "Laura Bow" Series
  • Powered by the Adventure Game Studio engine"

Those screenshots were taken from an early build of the game (July 2013)

Expected Release Date: December 2013

Official Website: http://reventuregames.com/?page_id=7
Twitter: https://twitter.com/reventuregames

The Team:

Dhelayan McPherson - Lead Programmer
Resulka - Lead Artist and Creative Director
Nakimura - Producer

Resulka

Oh Wow! I've been looking for a game just like this for years!

... Oh wait. I'm the Game Designer and the artist. Never mind... ;p

Dhel, you naughty boy. You need to mention both of us when it comes to announcements. ;p

Either way, We're both really excited to complete this project so we can launch into a full lenght game. The Coming Of Age is much of a prologue story, To introduce the character and so that we could prove to ourselves that we could make such a game.

We have many plans for Lorna Bains! Many many many plans! <3

Dhelayan

Quote from: Resulka on Mon 29/04/2013 08:07:48
Dhel, you naughty boy. You need to mention both of us when it comes to announcements. ;p

Sorreeeh, ah forgot that! Ahm gonna fix it up!

Cyrus

Wow, a comedic Laura Bow pastiche! Definitely something I'll have on my waiting list!

Darth Mandarb

I'm not going to lock this as it does, technically, meet the rules' requirements; but if those two in-game shots (which are the same background) are all you've got for playable areas you really should have waited a bit longer before announcing the game.

Dhelayan

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Tue 30/04/2013 12:42:26
I'm not going to lock this as it does, technically, meet the rules' requirements; but if those two in-game shots (which are the same background) are all you've got for playable areas you really should have waited a bit longer before announcing the game.

The game is very short, it only has those two rooms basically. It's kinda like a prologue to the next game.

Resulka

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Tue 30/04/2013 12:42:26

Well essentially the game is a two room game. One with walkable areas and the 2nd is a murder investigation scene. It is a very short game and it's pretty much code complete - Largely the reason why it isn't already out is that I work a 60 hour a week job and I'm doing the majority of the art for the game. The plan of making such a short game to begin with is to stir up interest for some other artists and team members!

(Is it working?)

Darth Mandarb

No worries!  As I said you aren't breaking the rules :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk