Introducing monkey425

Started by monkey424, Tue 30/04/2013 02:13:48

Previous topic - Next topic

monkey424

Introducing monkey425 (a.k.a. Mia)

Our little monkey was born on 25 April (ANZAC day) - the day after my birthday.

Screenshots

Story: 5 days and counting
Scripting: N/A (the thing didn't come with a manual)
Visual: It's a girl last time we checked
Audio: Fairly quiet, except when hungry

Anyone out there in the AGS community have any tips on fathering?

Anyone have any tips on dealing with the in-laws (lovely people, all the way from Beijing China, don't speak English, and are staying with us for about 4 months).

EchosofNezhyt

QuoteAnyone have any tips on dealing with the in-laws (lovely people, all the way from Beijing China, don't speak English, and are staying with us for about 4 months).
If they are good people you are already miles ahead of the rest of us.

My son just turned two, four days ago.

Tips? Hope you have a baby that isnt fussy. (I got lucky.) enjoy the time that they can't walk or crawl no matter how much you want them too... Cause when the legs start moving they don't stop.

Also Grats man!

Baron

Quote from: monkey424 on Tue 30/04/2013 02:13:48
Anyone out there in the AGS community have any tips on fathering?

The fathering bit was pretty fun, as I recall.  It's the whole parenting thing that is draining.   :P ;)

Congratulations!  And listen to Frito Master -soon nothing will be safe.  NOTHING!

miguel

You're really lucky they don't speak English! More than that, you are blessed!

Congrats on the best thing that can happen to your life! My youngest is 5 now, getting smart-ass on me all the time, it's a great phase but yes, I do miss when he was a baby. And it goes so fast! Soon your kid will be walking, running, talking, pre-school, it's mad! That's when you realize how fast time goes.

All the best!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Anian

Quote from: monkey424 on Tue 30/04/2013 02:13:48Anyone out there in the AGS community have any tips on fathering?
Every second Saturday spent with your kids keeps you out of "deadbeat dad" category.  :grin:
Just kidding. Congrats.  :smiley:
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Retro Wolf

I can't think of any tips... no amount of advice or books on the subject could prepare me for becoming a father. Just enjoy yourself and make the most of it! They're a bit boring to begin with, but just wait until they're crawling around!

EchosofNezhyt

Quote from: Oldschool_Wolf on Tue 30/04/2013 20:57:03
I can't think of any tips... no amount of advice or books on the subject could prepare me for becoming a father. Just enjoy yourself and make the most of it! They're a bit boring to begin with, but just wait until they're crawling around!

Yeah. They get really interesting after a few months :P

Gribbler

Congratulations!! I've also became a father, three months ago. Man, what a ride it is! Brace yourself :smiley: My advice? Be very forgiving and understanding to your wife. (nod)

monkey424

Thanks guys. Now I feel more confident about being a dad. Looking forward to when the little tike starts crawling. That sounds like fun.

EchosofNezhyt

Quote from: monkey424 on Thu 02/05/2013 18:39:46
Thanks guys. Now I feel more confident about being a dad. Looking forward to when the little tike starts crawling. That sounds like fun.

Hows the parenting going?

My son will be 4 next month! Its crazy!

monkey424

Fantastic mate! She'll be two next month. Where has the time gone?! She's now walking, speaking a hybrid of at least two different languages, and at any one time, just when you think she's at the best age, it gets better!

AprilSkies

WOW!!
Congratulations!!!!
:)

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Mandle

Quote from: AprilSkies on Wed 25/03/2015 12:37:10
WOW!!
Congratulations!!!!
:)

I also thought it was a new baby thread. (laugh)

So...do we get any pics of the tyke 2 years from the last ones?

NickyNyce

Congrats. Beautiful baby. Patience is a must. There is almost always a way to stop a baby from crying when they get a little bit older. Position is key when you hold them. Lots of times, with my son, I had to turn him around facing away from me, and he would stop crying once I started to walk around. It saved me many of times. Always show them something when they cry. Look at this picture, look at this teddy bear, look at this plant...etc. You can jedi mind screw a baby pretty easy when it comes to tricking them into stop crying. Again, this when they get at least a few months old. Always do a safety check once they start crawling around. Never, ever leave anything on the ground. They will eat everything they can grab and put it in their mouth. Vaseline is great for diaper rashes...sometimes even better than the medicine they tell you to use, it works great when they are little..at least with my son, not so sure about girls. Girls need very special care when you clean and change them which I'm sure they already told you. Try not to have people sticking their faces in the baby's face at first..always wash your hands. Baby's can get sick, and will get sick very quickly when they are young. You can avoid this a little bit by not having a million people touching and breathing on them. These are just some tips that I've learned a long the way.

Edit: Just realized how old the thread was...head slap! May these words of wisdom help others with a new born.

Eric

Go out to eat now. You will think, I have a newborn -- we can't go out. We'll wait 'til she's older. But this is the easiest and quietest your baby will be for awhile. Once she turns two, your peaceful evenings out will disappear.

monkey424

I wonder.. maybe in another 18 years, when someone revives this thread again, will people still be congratulating me on the birth of my 20 year old daughter?

Anyway, here's some photos so we're all on the same page..

Mia on her 1st birthday

Approaching age 2

By staggering coincidence, I've also just recently discovered there is a place in Western Australia called Monkey Mia!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_Mia

We've got to go there one day! They have dolphins there apparently. Better than the seaweed we get here.

Retro Wolf

Bless her!

One of the interesting things about becoming a Father I've found is that it seems to have unlocked some caveman survival instincts, especially in the early days.
I'd be pushing the pram looking for danger, whenever I'd hear a child crying I'd feel on edge. Like a warning that the camp was being attacked.
Also when people say they'd die or put themselves in danger for their kids, I'm not just saying it, I feel it in the very fiber of my being.
Anyone else ever feel like this or am I just a bit crazy?

Andail

Cool, time-laps thread!

My own son is 5 months and it's awesome, even though I'm not sleeping that much, or have much time over for... well, anything.

miguel

She's beautiful and looks like you're doing a great job at being a dad. Congrats! My youngest is 7 and still the best thing I've ever done or have.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk