Skumring

Started by Cogliostro, Tue 30/04/2013 13:09:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Cogliostro

I'm 77% of the way through the Skumring and...

Spoiler

I'm back at the art gallery.  Spoke to everyone: Kongo, kid, actress, and the "gray man". 
I've shown the photograph to Kongo and established that he knows him.
What do I do next?
[close]

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

piperhcombs

I feel dumb. I can't even figure out what to do in the first screen.
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

Shadow1000

Quote from: piperhcombs on Tue 30/04/2013 18:14:45
I feel dumb. I can't even figure out what to do in the first screen.

Hmmm...ok. Did you figure out the interface? That took a bit of getting used to before I was able to proceed in the game.

So, it's right click to open the inventory, left click for a little menu allowing you to look/interact/talk to whatever you've selected.

With that out of the way.

Spoiler
start by interacting with the garbage can. take the bottle
[close]

Then

Spoiler
throw the bottle at the electric box on the top right of the screen. take the wire
[close]

Then

Spoiler
search the garbage again
[close]

That last step will give you a tool that will let you do quite a number of things to help you along the game. I don't want to post too much and ruin it but this should get you started on this awesome game!

Cheers

SHADOW

piperhcombs

Hah, I though I had already tried the
Spoiler
bottle on the component
[close]
but it looks like that was probably the only thing I hadn't tried. :grin:  Thanks!

Shadow1000

I'm stuck at 76% :)

Doesn't seem to be anything I can do now.

Spoiler
I just got the photograph from the apartment. I don't know what comes next. Some of the puzzles that are available: the people in the manhole in the cemetery, the dog in the park, the case of grog that I can't open, the door without a knob
[close]

There doesn't seem to be anything I can do at the few locations that are available.

Thank you

SHADOW

Cogliostro

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Wed 01/05/2013 00:53:34

Spoiler
I just got the photograph from the apartment. I don't know what comes next. Some of the puzzles that are available: the people in the manhole in the cemetery, the dog in the park, the case of grog that I can't open, the door without a knob
[close]

There doesn't seem to be anything I can do at the few locations that are available.

Thank you

SHADOW

To get a lousy 1% more....

Spoiler

Show the photograph to Kongo.

Which gets you to the point where I'm stuck.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Cogliostro on Wed 01/05/2013 01:50:03
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Wed 01/05/2013 00:53:34

Spoiler
[close]

Thank you

SHADOW

To get a lousy 1% more....

Spoiler

Show the photograph to Kongo.

Which gets you to the point where I'm stuck.
[close]

Where is he? I've been to all the areas that are available on the map: park, cemetery, bar, apartment.

SHADOW

Cogliostro

Spoiler

If you look at the ALL the paintings in the apartment - I'm pretty sure it's only the one in the storage room, but let's be thorough shall we - you discovered two of them signed by Kongo and decide to head back to ART GALLERY.  There you can show the photograph to Kongo and then to the kid.
[close]

- Cogliostro

Shadow1000

Quote from: Cogliostro on Wed 01/05/2013 01:57:51
Spoiler

If you look at the ALL the paintings in the apartment - I'm pretty sure it's only the one in the storage room, but let's be thorough shall we - you discovered two of them signed by Kongo and decide to head back to ART GALLERY.  There you can show the photograph to Kongo and then to the kid.
[close]

- Cogliostro

Oh geez!! I stopped looking at EVERY one in the game long ago...

Thanks! If I make any progress, I'll let you know..

SHADOW

PS
Spoiler
I got the camera back from the kid. Then speak to Tubaut and Mrs. Kongo to establish that Kongo knows Henry Jean. Then speak to the kid who will tell you some MORE info to confirm, then speak to Mrs. Kongo AGAIN and you will be able to get an confession from Kongo. Next, speak to the guy in the manhole and you'll be able to proceed...
[close]

SeamanNaranja

Hi you guys!
I'm sorry I didn't notice this post until now... When it comes to the Act 3 puzzle you have been talking about: I realize now that this might not be the most intuitive one...
Spoiler
Especially since there are so many paintings in the game! For everyone who is stuck: Looking at both paintings in Henry Jeans apartment in act 3 will allow you to connect the art to the artist Thomas Kongo. This gives you more options while interrogating him, but more importantly, the possibility to visit the gallery again!
[close]
If anyone has any questions or troubles, please post them here. I'll help from now on  :)
Developer of Hjarta, Providence and Skumring.

piperhcombs

I'm at 41%, and I'm a bit stuck as to what to do next.
Spoiler
I have the office, Maletti's club, hotel, graveyard and park locations available.

I've gone to the Dragon Suite in the hotel, which by they way I figured by trial and error (it was actually my first choice) I don't know if you were supposed to get the room number from somewhere. I've looks at the Kongo painting in the suite and locked safe and drawer. I don't know where the next step is....
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: piperhcombs on Wed 01/05/2013 14:35:04
I'm at 41%, and I'm a bit stuck as to what to do next.
Spoiler
I have the office, Maletti's club, hotel, graveyard and park locations available.

I've gone to the Dragon Suite in the hotel, which by they way I figured by trial and error (it was actually my first choice) I don't know if you were supposed to get the room number from somewhere. I've looks at the Kongo painting in the suite and locked safe and drawer. I don't know where the next step is....
[close]

Trish:

Spoiler
you need the combination to the safe, which can be found in the closet. post back if you have trouble opening the latter
[close]

SHADOW

piperhcombs

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Wed 01/05/2013 14:43:13
Trish:

Spoiler
you need the combination to the safe, which can be found in the closet. post back if you have trouble opening the latter
[close]

SHADOW

I have already
Spoiler
opened the closet, but he only says he doesn't need the contents.
[close]

SeamanNaranja

Quote from: piperhcombs on Wed 01/05/2013 14:50:55
I have already
Spoiler
[close]
You can
Spoiler
get the right room number from the kid, if you take something from him. Anyway, this is entirely optional. You need to open one of the drawers in one of the other rooms... This can be done with something that you will find in the lobby - the tool. You'll find something here that should help Cooper find the solution.
[close]
SeamanNaranja
Developer of Hjarta, Providence and Skumring.

Shadow1000

Quote from: piperhcombs on Wed 01/05/2013 14:50:55
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Wed 01/05/2013 14:43:13
Trish:

Spoiler
[close]

SHADOW

I have already
Spoiler
[close]

Answer:

Spoiler
go to another room and open the desk drawer to get the information about the rooms. You will need to use the small lockpick to do this. Then go back to the dragon room and examine the closet again. This time you will know about the safe in the closet. THEN open the safe using the army knife
[close]

This should get you past this puzzle :)

SHADOW

noviigrac

Im stuck really early on, at 12%,
Spoiler
I have the factory, gallery, park, apartment locations, i need to get a double zoom camera for the kid and in my inv i have my wallet, the camera, a broken wrench, a lockpick, the gum device, a leaflet, the shovel, the magnifying glass and the glue
[close]

please tell me what the next thing to do is.

Shadow1000

Quote from: noviigrac on Wed 01/05/2013 16:17:23
Spoiler
I have the factory, gallery, park, apartment locations, i need to get a double zoom camera for the kid and in my inv i have my wallet, the camera, a broken wrench, a lockpick, the gum device, a leaflet, the shovel, the magnifying glass and the glue
[close]

You're missing something.

Spoiler
go back to the first location of the game and grab the gutter. you'll need to make 2 pieces out of the gutter and attach the lens from the magnifying glass to that "tube" and  use that with the camera
[close]

I'm leaving out some detail so as not to ruin the fun :)

SHADOW

piperhcombs

Quote from: noviigrac on Wed 01/05/2013 16:17:23
Spoiler
[close]

@noviigrac:
You missed something at the factory.
Spoiler
Answer:check the gutter/drainpipe.......grab the broken piece.
[close]
further help:
Spoiler
doesn't the magnifying glass zoom in?

you need something to attach it to the camera though.
[close]

full answer:
Spoiler
Use the wrench on the broken gutter to break it into two piece. Use the glue on the gutter pieces and then the magnifying glass on it to create a zoom lens. Last, attach the zoom lens to the camera. Voila!
[close]

Okay, now my question. I'm at 86%, in the Epilogue.
Spoiler
The Newsboy has asked me to find his dog. I know it's in the park, but I don't know how to get it.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: piperhcombs on Wed 01/05/2013 16:25:52please tell me what the next thing to do is.

Okay, now my question. I'm at 86%, in the Epilogue.
Spoiler
The Newsboy has asked me to find his dog. I know it's in the park, but I don't know how to get it.
[close]

That was fast!

Spoiler
search the tree. you will find something there that you can combine with inventory items to get doggy :)
[close]

SHADOW

piperhcombs

Thanks for all the help! I've finished the game, and I'm glad I stuck it out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk