AGS 3.3.0 BETA and WINE 1.5.29

Started by xenogia, Wed 01/05/2013 12:45:21

Previous topic - Next topic

xenogia

I thought I'd see if I could get the AGS Editor running under Wine 1.5.29 in Linux and I was succesful.  Runs absolutely great.

Here is a screenshot.

All you need to do to get it running is via WineTricks or PlayOnLinux install the following components.

• VCRUN2005
  • VCRUN2008
  • GDIPLUS
  • DOTNET20

And viola it runs great.  I've test compiling, editing rooms, changing views, sprites, and coding and it all runs great.

I've also made a WineHQ app database request and I am just waiting for it be approved.

RickJ

Good to know.  It sounds like it may be easier than using VirtualBox as I have been doing.  I last tried Wine 5 years ago attempting to run Visio and AGS.  Neither worked very well and so I went the VirtualBox way. 

Please consider creating a tutorial that covers both installation and usage.  I think a lot of people would benefit and be grateful. 

xenogia

Did you run the game in the Virtualbox environment as well or did you run that in Wine to test?

RickJ

Xenogia,

Thanks for taking the time to get the beta working in Wine.

I ran the game in virtual box but had to set it to run windowed rather than full screen. [edit]  I wasn't able to get full screen to work .. I guess it makes sense that a virtual machine wouldn't be able to reach out and take over the real video adapter. 

Are you having the same restriction in Wine?

xenogia

You can run the game within the editor no problems, which is handy because what I was doing before was compile the game and the run the AGS linux runtime.

Kitai

Hi,

I have updated Wine with the last 1.5.29 version, installed VCRUN2005 (sp2), VCRUN2008 (sp2), GDIPLUS and DOTNET20 on my wineprefix, but I still encounter some serious problems when launching the editor:
Spoiler
Code: "text"
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00004100
fixme:advapi:RegisterTraceGuidsW (0x7a03261a, 0x12f130, {e13c0d23-ccbc-4e12-931b-d9cc2eee27e4}, 14, 0x7a3bee40, (null), (null), 0x7a3bdc70,): stub
fixme:advapi:RegisterTraceGuidsW (0x7a030638, 0x12f130, {cc2bcbba-16b6-4cf3-8990-d74c2e8af500}, 1, 0x7a3bee38, (null), (null), 0x7a3bdc78,): stub
fixme:thread:SetThreadStackGuarantee (0x33fc80): stub
err:ole:CoGetContextToken apartment not initialised
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Windows.Forms"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Drawing"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Accessibility"
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33e270,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:dciman:DCICreatePrimary 0x80045 0x3c092ac
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"AGS.Types"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Xml"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"AGS.Native"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"msvcm90"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking"
fixme:olepicture:OLEPictureImpl_QueryInterface () : asking for un supported interface {c3fcc19e-a970-11d2-8b5a-00a0c9b7c9c4}
fixme:olepicture:OLEPictureImpl_QueryInterface () : asking for un supported interface {b196b283-bab4-101a-b69c-00aa00341d07}
fixme:olepicture:OLEPictureImpl_QueryInterface () : asking for un supported interface {00000003-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
fixme:olepicture:OLEPictureImpl_QueryInterface () : asking for un supported interface {00000144-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
fixme:olepicture:OLEPictureImpl_QueryInterface () : asking for un supported interface {c3fcc19e-a970-11d2-8b5a-00a0c9b7c9c4}
fixme:olepicture:OLEPictureImpl_QueryInterface () : asking for un supported interface {b196b283-bab4-101a-b69c-00aa00341d07}
fixme:olepicture:OLEPictureImpl_QueryInterface () : asking for un supported interface {00000003-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
fixme:olepicture:OLEPictureImpl_QueryInterface () : asking for un supported interface {00000144-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"AGSEditor.resources"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Windows.Forms.resources"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Windows.Forms.resources"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.resources"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.resources"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.resources"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.resources"
fixme:process:FlushProcessWriteBuffers : stub
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"AGS.CScript.Compiler"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"mscorlib.resources"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"mscorlib.resources"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Configuration"
fixme:ras:RasEnumConnectionsW (0x216568,0x668e018,0x668e01c),stub!
fixme:ras:RasEnumConnectionsW RAS support is not implemented! Configure program to use LAN connection/winsock instead!
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl -> SIO_ADDRESS_LIST_CHANGE request: stub
fixme:ras:RasConnectionNotificationW (0xffffffff,0x394,0x00000003),stub!
fixme:winhttp:WinHttpDetectAutoProxyConfigUrl discovery via DHCP not supported
fixme:thread:NtQueryInformationThread info class 16 not supported yet
[close]
Yet, I can use most features of the editor but it repetitively triggers "serious errors" and it ends by forcing to quit after a while.
Also, when I use a textbox in a game and type in some text, letters don't correspond to keys, though it matches perfectly well in the script editor. I have a European (AZERTY) keyboard and a French ubuntu environment. I think it might come from this, but has any of you encountered the same issue?

Any idea on how I could solve the problem? Thx in advance.

Note: my computer is 64bits but I obviously run Wine in 32bits.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Kitai on Mon 20/05/2013 13:04:24
Also, when I use a textbox in a game and type in some text, letters don't correspond to keys, though it matches perfectly well in the script editor. I have a European (AZERTY) keyboard and a French ubuntu environment. I think it might come from this, but has any of you encountered the same issue?

Does this textbox problem occurs if you run your game under Windows or under Linux with Linux port?

Kitai

Nope, everything's fine both under Windows and under Linux with Linux port.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk