A Poison Green – October 2019 update

Started by FlyingMandarine, Sun 12/05/2013 12:15:38

Previous topic - Next topic

FlyingMandarine

Story

Washington D.C., 2070.

Environmental diseases are now the norm due to an ever-decreasing air quality that forces people to wear gas masks at all times. When all legitimate plans to make a difference failed and with a passive government that dared not listen, eco-terrorism became the only way to make one's voice heard.

Such is the world in which three people's paths cross.

These three characters and their shattered moral compasses are at the center of a story of espionage in a city of perpetual rain, sickness and misunderstanding.

Screenshots (Work-in-Progress):

(Click on each screenshot to see them in higher resolution!)

Any interaction with the outside world is a struggle for Mia.

William visits a long-time friend.

Depends on the kind of stuff, I suppose.

Mia waits on a stranger who would "like a word or two."

Elijah's best friend, Hafiz, shares the same beliefs and ideals as our dear history teacher.

If this looks bad for William, be reassured that it will only get worse.

Featuring:

-Three playable characters,
-Everything you make your characters say or do slightly alters their behavior, allowing them to make choices that wouldn't have been available to them otherwise,
-Over 50 backgrounds in 1024à—768,
-Difficult (a)moral choices,
-Full English voice-acting,

Credits:

Story (90%) by FlyingMandarine
Scripting (50%) by geork and FlyingMandarine with help from Crimson Wizard
Background art (80%) by SookieSock and Nick Canton
Character art (40%) by Ilyich and Honza
Sound/Music (20%) by Johan Tardif

Development progress:

March 2020:

We've finished work on a first version of Chapter 2 a couple months early, and are now about 20% into the last chapter! The aim is to have the game playable from start to finish by the end of August, although that's a tad optimistic. Then it'll be time to get the last art assets in, rewrite/re-code scenes that don't work as well as they should, and more generally having a quality pass on the whole game.

Also, we now have a nice website! Check it out here: http://www.apoisongreen.com

If you use Twitter, please feel free to follow us at https://twitter.com/FarawayInd !

frenzykitty

Wow. Looks stunning...

CaptainD

Looks really interesting and the graphical style is bleakly beautiful (and beautifully bleak!).  All the best with development.

cianty

Wow. Those screenshots look great!
ca. 70% completed

Mr.Dream

Spoiler
"Excellent!
Sujet intéressant qui semble bien traité, on discerne une bonne profondeur de l'univers rien que dans le synopsis. De plus le triptyque de héros promet et leur design est réussi; leur palette de couleur s'accordant dans de très agréables décors.
Bref, c'est vraiment très bon à  tous les niveaux et ça promet. Bon courage!
Par ailleurs une question, vous dites "Voice Acting", mais dans quelle langue? x)"
[close]
"
Excellent!
Good theme, deep universe... (compliments)
I'm very impatient! Good luck!

But, for the voice acting, it will be in English?"

Darth Mandarb

Gribbler

Looks like quite a task ahead of you guys. Good luck developing the game. I hope you finish it because it looks stunning and the story sounds intriguing! (nod)

Armageddon

Amazing art. Good luck with the project.

Stupot

Very pretty game.  Keep up the good work :)

FlyingMandarine

Thank you all so much for the feedback! That's very nice of you; this kind of motivation boost is very welcome. :)

Mr.Dream:
In French (I hope it's OK, Darth, if I write in French as long as I provide an English translation):
Spoiler
Ton message m'a vraiment fait plaisir, merci ! J'espère que l'univers du jeu et l'histoire seront à  la hauteur de tes attentes, mais étant donné le développement encore peu avancé, nos journées sont faites d'incertitude autant que d'espoir, donc difficile à  dire. Quant au doublage, des doublages en d'autres langues que l'anglais me semble improbable ; je ne pense pas qu'on aura de quoi se payer des doublages de bonne qualité pour plusieurs langues. Mais je ne peux pas complètement l'écarter, notamment en ce qui concerne les doublages français. Il est encore trop tôt pour le dire ! :)
[close]
Your message made my day. Thank you! I hope that the game's world and the story won't disappoint, but this early in development, days are filled with as much uncertainty as hope. As for voice acting, anything other than English voice acting seems improbable, because I don't think we'll be able to afford good-quality voice acting for several languages. But I can't completely rule out French voice acting and other languages. In any case, it's still too early to tell! :)

Mr.Dream

Sorry for the French! I fixed it ;)
So Thanks for the details!

Spoiler
Merci beaucoup pour les détails!
Bon courage pour la suite, je suis persuadé que vous trouverez peu à  peu les bons choix de directions qui conviendront pour soudain ne plus avoir à  tâtonner x)/hide]
[close]

Grim

Amazing stuff.

Right now, for me, the most anticipated AGS game in production.

Fred7162

Looks amazing. Looking forward to it.

Adder

This is looking really interesting - good luck with it!

Calin Leafshade

Looking good.

Good luck!

SookieSock

I'm excited to be working on a game that will actually be finished  McCarthy part 2, Nokk, McDead, Dangerous Minds .....

I will get back to painting now  :grin:

san.daniele

after looking at this thread for the 3rd time and liking it every single time I really owe it a comment.

I love those scenes. I have no drawing skills myself and can't point the finger at what makes it so great, but I'm fairly sure I'm attracted to and drawn into the (warm) colors of the backgrounds. Wonderful atmosphere!

FlyingMandarine

I just wanted to thank you all for your comments. Progress on the game is steady and actually quite fast, although, well, it can never be fast enough!

For those who might be interested, Honza, our character artist, has made a thread asking for your comments and advice on the character art:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=48347.0

I'm sure he'll appreciate any help he can get!

san.daniele: I do hope that the game itself will draw you in; it'd be a pity if the game was barely more than eye candy. :) In any case, thank you very much for sharing your enthusiasm. It's truly appreciated.

Damian

This looks really great

Dualnames

Very distinctive art style, you've got there, keep us posted.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk