A Poison Green – October 2019 update

Started by FlyingMandarine, Sun 12/05/2013 12:15:38

Previous topic - Next topic

frenzykitty

Is this going to be a commercial release?

FlyingMandarine

Quote from: frenzykitty on Sun 01/09/2013 06:00:44
Is this going to be a commercial release?

We'd like for it to be a commercial release, yes. I didn't notice that this bit of information wasn't on the page, so I updated it accordingly; it would feel a bit dishonest not mentioning it anywhere. My apologies!

rickious

Looks great. Excellent artist skill and vision.  You say it will be commercial, but I am sure you can make a short playable demo so we can all see that your dialogue and storyline are as good as the visuals.

Any chance of a % on completion for graphics, scripting, dialogue etc?  Keep us excited if you let us know how much closer to completion it is each time you post.

Look forward to playing :)
--COMING SOON--
'Body Pharm' beta demo.

Body Pharm - coming soon!

FlyingMandarine

rickious: Thank you!

When I first made that post, I did think about including the percentage, but it would have been something like 5% everywhere, which might be more demoralizing than anything else really!

We are supposed to reach an important milestone next month, so I'll make an update then. It's also tricky to think of a percentage when we are not sure of the level of polish we want the game to have (will we put in more talking animations? more background animations? more dialog branching? one or two additional cutscenes?).

As for a demo, I don't know yet, but if we ever finish the game, there sure will be trailers... but let's not get ahead of ourselves! :)

FlyingMandarine

Hi everyone!

We are looking for a second character artist to assist Honza; I posted on the Recruitment thread about it; you can read about it here. Don't hesitate to send me a message if you're interested!

In other news, we'll post an update about the game quite soon. Fingers crossed! :)

FlyingMandarine

It was long due: I've just made the first big update to the thread, with new backgrounds, animations and music, along with a few other things.

All five of us often check the thread to see what people have to say, so don't hesitate to share your thoughts with us!

Thanks! :)

Oh, and help us get rid of that "[Character artist needed]", will ya? ;) It's clogging the title!

FlyingMandarine

I edited this post a few times instead of posting new messages because I didn't want to get charged with malicious bumping :) but as of the first day of the New Year, we finally found our second character artist in the person of Ilyich! I've updated the first post with some more development progress.

GMD1984

Look very promising. Is it a sideview adventure like 'The Cat Lady'?

FlyingMandarine

Quote from: GMD1984 on Thu 30/01/2014 05:39:44
Look very promising. Is it a sideview adventure like 'The Cat Lady'?

Thanks! It won't be a sideview adventure. Gameplay-wise, it will be entirely mouse-based: left click to interact/walk, right click to look.

Here is a lovely sunny backyard that the player will have to explore at the start of Chapter 2, which we are still actively working on. Click to see fullsize!

rickious

FlyingMandarine whats the progress on the game? any hope of a demo version anytime as Im looking forward to seeing all these lovely graphics and ideas in action!
--COMING SOON--
'Body Pharm' beta demo.

Body Pharm - coming soon!

Darth Mandarb

Then you should have read the forum rules and sent him a PM instead of digging up this thread from 6 months ago.

FlyingMandarine - if you're still out there (and working on the game) and want to post an update let me know (PM) and I'll unlock this.

rickious - please don't dig up anymore threads.

UPDATE 3 DECEMBER 2014 - Thread unlocked.

FlyingMandarine

rickious: I don't know if we will have a demo! That's still up in the air. But I can say that we will have enough screens and videos to give an idea of the game by the time it's released.

Hi everyone!

It's been a while since our last update -- progress on the game has been steady in some aspects, less in others.

Rather than giving an update as to the state of the game made up of mere words and promises, we'll be at AdventureX this weekend! I will be there as an exhibitor both days this year, with George (the programming expert) accompanying me on Saturday.

Even though we have been quiet these last few months, I hope we'll be able to meet people and interact with them. We purposefully didn't want to say too much about the game, but will be talking about it more, along with showing footage of the game and even an early alpha build. We'll make a proper written update about the game early next year.

See you in a few days, hopefully! :)

theo

I tried this at AdventureX and I definitely think it's promising! :) Keep up the good work and chances are you can turn this into something really neat. :)

shaun9991

I had the pleasure of playing a bit of this at AdventureX, and I really enjoyed it. The story and setting of the game is brilliant. Looking forward to this one :)
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

m0ds

Thanks for bringing it to AdventureX. I'm very sorry I didn't get to take a look ;( But people did comment to me that they were really intrigued by it. I'll be eager to try a demo sometime. Good luck!

FlyingMandarine

Thanks to everyone who dropped by my small table at AdventureX last week! I'm glad I got to meet so many of you along with George, our programmer, who wrote down notes as people would play to see what to change. There's a whole lot of things left to design, alter, and fix, so... back to work!

For those interested in keeping in touch:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/FarawayInd
And my personal Facebook (while waiting for the game's page to be ready): https://www.facebook.com/patrice.hermenault

theo: Thank you! If I'm not mistaken, you're the only one who completed the demo. I appreciated talking to both of you, especially hearing about your difference of opinions on self-publishing VS seeking other publishers. But much too early for that anyway!

shaun9991: Likewise regarding The Legend of Hand! You can count on me to spread the love to my uh 33 Twitter followers.

Mods: Thanks to you for allowing us a spot! You seemed very busy, so it's totally understandable that you wouldn't have time to try most games. Since I've just moved to London, there is no reason why I wouldn't be coming back next year... so if you'll have me, I'll be there! :smiley:

CrashPL

Great choice for the art style, I also like the smooth character animation. :) Looks truly promising!

FatLarry

Now this is a post to keep up to, looks really promising! :smiley:

FlyingMandarine

/use shovel on 'X' spot to dig up old thread
/use resurrect potion on thread

Bonjour everyone!

Thought I'd update the original post even though I'd rather wait for a bit more polishing before posting some new in-game screens.

Consolation prize: a background Hayley painted a while ago for the bedroom of one of the secondary characters, Ella:

Thanks to everyone I got to talk to at AdventureX, where I was just lurking as a visitor; hopefully we'll be presenting something next year! In the meantime, you can follow the game's development on Twitter if you like mildly interesting bite-sized messages: https://twitter.com/FarawayInd

cat

Wow, this looks great ;-D

Too bad you didn't showcase it this year, but I hope I will be able to play a demo on next year's AdventureX.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk