Splash screen for AGS Editor

Started by Crimson Wizard, Mon 27/05/2013 10:17:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

Yes, sorry, the Clean #2 entry definitely won most votes back then.
Personally I'd rather close this thread, declaring it as a "winner". Everyone have his own opinion anyway.

Radiant

Quote from: abstauber on Wed 05/02/2014 13:19:23
A few month later... can't we just have the combined version? I think most people are happy with it.06 Feb 2014, 22:34
Well, since the combined version is a mix of Clean2 and Gradient3, it would appear that there are 22 votes for that style...

...but since Dark1, Dark2 and Dark3 are pretty similar as well, it would appear that there are 27 votes for that style.

And some people appear to have been casting new votes or changing their opinion since the tally. Wow, this gets confusing :D

abstauber

It seems like we could never agree on any splash :)
Why not doing it like TheGimp (as in Paint, not as in Pulp Fiction): each major release gets a new splash.
Clean#2 would be the winner for 3.4 and everyone disliking it can wait until the next contest for 3.5.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: abstauber on Fri 07/02/2014 08:02:01
It seems like we could never agree on any splash :)
Why not doing it like TheGimp (as in Paint, not as in Pulp Fiction): each major release gets a new splash.
Clean#2 would be the winner for 3.4 and everyone disliking it can wait until the next contest for 3.5.
We may consider to support several splashes with the support to editor skins (if that ever happens), like the obsidian skin from Draconian Edition may come with one of the "dark splashes".

Anyway, I ditched my responsibility for this thread for too long, so I ought to finally conclude this competition.

The winner is this splash by abstauber:

It will be used starting from the next major release (whether alpha, beta or else) of AGS (presumably 3.4.0).
Thanks to all who participated and voted. :)

Ghost

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Wed 12/02/2014 08:12:47
The winner is this splash by abstauber:

Good choice IMO, looking forward to seeing it "in action"- and thanks, Abstauber, nice design!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk