>>Monstrous Workshop results, WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Started by Andail, Tue 28/05/2013 07:38:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Andail

Okay, here are the final versions of the digital paintings participating in this monster workshop. I've removed the artists' names and added my own titles. Everyone's entitled to vote. Voting will close on June 3th.

1. Hunted in the dark:

2. Summoning Cthulhu:

3. Final Orgie:

4. Snakearms in the tunnel:

5. The cave dweller:

6. The guardian of the bridge:

7. Sea monster:

8. Hovering monster:

9. Telling a monster's fortune?:

10. Summoned spiky monster:

11. Hollow shell monster:

12. Hole-headed tree monster:

You may chat freely in this thread, but please don't write further c&c. If an entry is missing, let me know ASAP.

awakening

I can't see 'Summoned Spiky Monster'.

Amazing work everyone!
Well impressed :)

Ryan Timothy B

Snarky

Andail, I get that you want to mix it up a little, but might I suggest that you rename the threads consistently with correct spelling, for the sake of people who want to look them up with search later on?

Also, isn't the hole-headed tree monster thing missing? That one looked fairly finished, I thought.

Andail

Hm, it seems Ben's picture can't be hotlinked, or I'm really dumb. I can't do very much until I get back from work, but if someone can either host his picture or tell me how to link it properly I can update the list.

Snarky, alright, adding hole-headed tree monster to the poll, although I'm rather uncertain the artist wants it here, considering she hasn't been posting for over a week.
I don't mind going back and adding all of the pictures, but I figured people might be upset if they don't consider them finished. So I went for those added/updated during this last week, just to draw the line somewhere. But if people want their pictures added, just say it.

PS:
Changed so that the results are only shown after the voting is closed, to make it more exciting!

Ryan Timothy B

Andail, assuming this works for Ben's image, just copy/paste this.

Code: html5
[img]https://photos-4.dropbox.com/t/0/AAC9R4Hyys6r1ZYU_TvAioE062QhEyOhRy_T-YHFiv76nw/12/56237616/png/1024x768/3/1369738800/0/2/Sketch8%20copy11.png/_YaKjaKNCc_GpA6PPQyvc93_kHY67XyO8T_C_RANRO8[/img]

Stupot

cat

Awesome entries everyone! This whole workshop was a fantastic experience for me. The atmosphere was so productive and inspiring, with everyone giving constructive criticism and commenting on other pictures. I'd never have thought I could make a picture like that, but it wouldn't have been possible without the help and inspiration of all the other people here.
I loved to see the pictures grow from ideas to sketches to finished illustrations and I think everyone grew in skills.

Thanks a lot to Andail for organizing and everyone for participating!

All participants who finished this workshop I consider winners, no matter who will be top in the voting.

selmiak

what do you mean with I have one vote only? :P

Totally great entries, really hard to decide, every piece is great on its own.

waheela

Thanks for posting mine up Andail, I was out of town over the weekend and Monday and forgot about this!

Also, GREAT JOB EVERYBODY! These all look amazing! (laugh)

selmiak

Ben's Summoned spiky monster is still not showing up. Is this some worksafe censoring of art?

Khris

This should do it:

Code: xml
[img]https://photos-4.dropbox.com/t/0/AAAQPL92zQnLXo8slC3y0zC4TEqdoJTbBwKB5edOPIw9Kw/12/56237616/png/2048x1536/3/1369771200/0/2/Sketch8%20copy11.png/_YaKjaKNCc_GpA6PPQyvc93_kHY67XyO8T_C_RANRO8[/img]

Pic:

(click for big version)

Cerno

It's been a blast really.

Congratulations to everyone on truly awesome entries.

Seeing all these different approaches alone was inspiring, but having the chance to actually participate in this was unbelievably helpful.
As I said before, when I look at my final image, I can't believe that I made this. Couldn't have done it without all of you.

So, thanks for all the friendly comments, and especially to Andail for having the idea and for organizing everything.
I especially liked the "everyone comments on everyone" rule. I think that really made the workshop soar.

Finally, I hope we'll get to see the finished pieces of the ones who dropped out.
In commemoration to The Fly, The New Mother, The Ogre Scholar, The Terror Of The Lake, The Meatilator and The Angel-Winged Feline Girl (did I forget anyone?), I hope we'll see more of you in the near future :)
123  Currently working on: Sibun - Shadow of the Septemplicon

Mordalles

It was a blast taking part in the workshop, and I really enjoyed following everyone's progress. I salute every participant  (nod)!

Some really scary looking monsters. Selmiak, your last update really surprised me, and you ended with an awesome looking piece of art.
Ben, the lighting is great and the kind of atmospheric stuff i always love. I also love those fortune cards, great work there on the fortune monster piece. Progz, love the clouds and the monster and the lightning. You really pulled such an ambitious project of! andail, i loved how you did that city skyline in the background, behind such a great action shot.
Everyone just did exceptional work.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Stupot

@Khris - I'm still not seeing Ben's picture. Same as Ryan's, Clicking it brings up a 404 error.
I think those urls seem to constantly change.  For example when I go onto the source code I can find the same kind of urls but the random letters and numbers are all different to those shown in yours and Ryan's links.

I've taken the liberty of putting it on my AGSer space for the time being.

Click image for large size
Code: txt
[img]http://stupot.agser.me/Ben304-Sketch8-copy11.png[/img]

CaptainD

Some really amazing entries here.  Wouldn't want to meet any of them in the flesh...

m0ds

Very cool and it will take me some time & thought to cast a vote cos they're all brilliant entries. Nice one folks!

miguel

Being part of this workshop with so many talented AGSers was really cool. Thanks for organizing this Andail.
It's not easy to pick a winner and One vote makes it harder, but it makes sense.

I would love to see a portrait workshop with different artists painting a AGser face and see the different approaches and results.
I would also like to get those chicken wings Andail promised to all contestants.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

waheela

Hey Andail, weren't there two other categories we were going to be voting on as well?

-Most helpful to other users
-Most improved piece

I have people in mind for each category. :)

dactylopus

Made my vote.

Great work, everyone!  I'm amazed at how well everyone can do.  I'm also surprised by my own entry, which I pushed much farther than I'd thought possible.

I hope those who had to drop out will finish their pieces and show them, because this workshop really created some monstrously good results.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk