Adventures of Max Fax 1

Started by maxfaxgames, Tue 28/05/2013 13:29:15

Previous topic - Next topic

maxfaxgames

Adventures of Max Fax 1

Description

The game “Adventures of Max Fax” offers you to spend a day and a night of a guy, who is simple from the first sight. He's living on the 13th floor of an apartment building. Weekends came. Max has just wanted to start his favorite business when he gets a letter from a familiar girl. She has asked him of some help. Without any enthusiasm he left to find her. On his way he found out a new which made him curious and willing to understand what was happening in their house.

The developer has managed to combine a simple and dynamic gameplay, a humorous plot, funny characters, amusing and unexpected situations, a restrained number of replicas in the game. He has also added some romantic moments and some sentimentally. Colorful cartoon graphics and animation, music, sound effects, all of this creates a united atmosphere of the game which has got a smack of retro-style games belonging to the "point and click" genre. This game will approach everyone who wants to have a good time, to laugh, to distract from everyday problems and just get some pleasure.

Screenshot

Download

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1692/

Updated to version 1.1, May 29, 2013
Updated to version 1.2, June 2, 2013
Updated to version 1.3, June 6, 2013
Updated to version 1.4, June 25, 2013

Game Information

Platform   PC, Windows
GenreAdventure, Comedy, Cartoon
Play timeAverage play-length (~ 1 Hour 30 minutes)
Content16+
LanguageEnglish, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian
Voice ActingNo
Visual640 x 480 or Fullscreen, 32 bit colour depth
EngineAdventure Game Studio (AGS)
LicenseFree
Developer / PublisherAlexander Kucherenko, indie-developer

arj0n

looks good, definitely gonna try the demo.

Ponch

You have piqued my curiosity. I'll give this a spin tonight. Also, I like how you put the technical stats in a little table. It looks so professional, I wonder why I never thought to do it that way.

Khris

Looks interesting, but this isn't quite ready for publication, let alone commercially.

First of all, did you build a translation system yourself? AGS supports translation files; you don't know have to script it manually.
There are lots of missing interactions; half the time clicking something or using an item on something does nothing or makes Max walk.
The translations are ok to get what's going on but full of mistakes.

maxfaxgames

Quote from: Khris on Tue 28/05/2013 19:15:13
Looks interesting, but this isn't quite ready for publication, let alone commercially.

First of all, did you build a translation system yourself? AGS supports translation files; you don't know have to script it manually.
There are lots of missing interactions; half the time clicking something or using an item on something does nothing or makes Max walk.
The translations are ok to get what's going on but full of mistakes.

Khris, thanks!

Yes, translation system build by myself and adapted for my tasks. It works successfully.

It's a good idea to remove the movement of Max when clicking something or using an item. I realized this. Version of the game updated to 1.1 and is available for download.

In what translations language you find mistakes? All translations are made by people (most of them are native speakers), and not automatic translator! However, I will add in the TODO-list to check all translations by other translators.

Alexander Kucherenko

Khris

I'm just wondering why you created a translation system. I can't think of a situation where the built-in one wouldn't suffice.

As for the translations themselves:
Spoiler
QuoteIt's the weekend finally. Now I can go in for my favorite things to do.
Hi max! That's Tanya. A disaster has happened to me. My boyfriend Sergey left me.
Well I'll find her and talk to her. She even doesn't know what an important business she's interrupting me from.
That clearly sounds like translated by a non-native speaker. I'm not going to embarrass myself by trying to improve it, but it's pretty off.

The German is worse:
QuoteEndlich kamen die Wochenende, jetzt kann man mit der Lieblingssache beschäftigen.
Hallo Max. Das ist Tanja. Eine Katastrophe passiert mit mir. Mein Freund Sergej verlieàŸ mich.
Warum bin ich nicht bewundert...
Endlich Wochenende, und ich kann mich wal wieder meiner Lieblingsbeschäftigung widmen.
Hallo Max! Tanja hier. Mir ist etwas Schreckliches passiert, Sergej hat mit mir schlussgemacht.
Warum wundert mich das nicht...
[close]

kaput

The game looks great :-) but I have to agree with Khris here - the translation really needs fixed. Any plans for this in the near future?

maxfaxgames

Quote from: Sunny Penguin on Sat 01/06/2013 03:57:00
The game looks great :-) but I have to agree with Khris here - the translation really needs fixed. Any plans for this in the near future?

Proofreading in progress! English and German expected soon.

Stupot

kaput

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sat 01/06/2013 18:55:55
Quote from: Sunny Penguin on Sat 01/06/2013 03:57:00the translation really needs fixed.
Hooray for Muphrey's Law :-D

Murphrey's Law hooray for is sure.

maxfaxgames

Version of the game updated to 1.3 and is available for download.

Thanks for proofreading and text editing:
Danny 'D-Boy' Wheeler (ENGLISH)
DoorKnobHandle (GERMAN)
FlyingMandarine (FRENCH)
Alberto Motto (SPANISH)
millennium2k (ITALIAN)

DBoyWheeler

I was glad to be of help, dude!

Motto

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Sun 02/06/2013 21:39:19
I was glad to be of help, dude!

100%

Waiting for the second episode :D

CosmoQueen

Wow this looks amazing! Buying it now......
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

maxfaxgames

Download "Adventures of Max Fax 1" for FREE!

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1692/

Thank you all! Thank you AGS!

P.S. Admin, please, add the game on AGS-site for download!

ManicMatt

But off your website it's not free, you still have to buy it through paypal? How does that work?

maxfaxgames

Quote from: ManicMatt on Mon 16/03/2015 21:17:50
But off your website it's not free, you still have to buy it through paypal? How does that work?
It is no longer relevant. Removed.

ManicMatt

There ya go! I was just thinking of any poor people who might buy it only to find it's free. Sadly removing your website (??) has took half of your screenshots down on this thread by the way.

maxfaxgames

Quote from: ManicMatt on Mon 16/03/2015 23:07:09
There ya go! I was just thinking of any poor people who might buy it only to find it's free. Sadly removing your website (??) has took half of your screenshots down on this thread by the way.
This game is two years old. It had no advertising. The sale was just an experiment. I don't want the game disappeared, so distribute it for free.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk