OROW 8 (July 1st - July 7th) - Results

Started by cat, Mon 10/06/2013 09:23:51

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

The time zone is GMT, as stated in the first post.

I added one more rule:
You may get one other person to help you with your game (e.g. music, sounds). Maximum teamsize is two!

Adeel

Quote from: cat on Sun 30/06/2013 08:16:32
The time zone is GMT, as stated in the first post.

Oh Sorry, didn't read that part.  :X Thanks for clarifying.

Quote from: cat on Sun 30/06/2013 08:16:32
I added one more rule:
You may get one other person to help you with your game (e.g. music, sounds). Maximum teamsize is two!

+1 for this. Good rule

frenzykitty

Just wanna wish all the fellow competitors good luck <3

kaput

Amen, bruddah. There's going to be some serious coffee abuse and all nighters. Which is fine as I'm incredibly familiar with sleep deprivation and crazy deadlines...

Good luck, folks. Let's have fun with it and fight a fair battle!

Khris

In. I should be able to produce something between regular workload and sleeping.

Go time in 5 hours, correct?

cat

Indeed, only 5 more hours to wait.

This is a great time to sharpen your pencils, brew some coffee and make sure you have the latest version of AGS installed!

AJA

Oh boy, I might not make it this time. But I'll try.

And in any case, I expect to have some weird and innovative OROW games to play early next week! Good luck, everybody! :)

LimpingFish

OH GAWD!

Only a few more hours until the horrible, horrible pressure begins! :-X
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Bulbapuck

Good luck everyone! Looking forward to playing some games :D

WHAM

Oh dear, looks like the dev-time is starting soon. First sleep, then, first thing in the morning: GAME DEV-TIME!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

cat

That's the spirit!

Only three more hours till OROW!

Ghost

For want of a smiley...

YATTA!

ThreeOhFour

Yoohoo!

I believe I have enough time this week to get an entry out - and made a good start today.

Haven't entered an OROW comp since 2008! Excited!

Grundislav

Not to jinx myself, but...

LET'S DO THIS! :D

WHAM

First day of OROW.
Time spent on project 4,5 hours (4,5 hours total).
Nervous breakdowns: 0
Mood: cheerful

Day 1 milestones completed according to plan, I have a working prototype running with placeholder sprites.
Tomorrow's agenda: animate main character, draw a first draft of the background, fiddle around with code.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Vince Twelve

I think I'm in, but I'm going to double-duty my game with Molyjam.  So, I'm starting on the 5th, and trying to make a game in two days that fits both competition themes.   (nod)

Good luck everyone!

LimpingFish

.NET Framework is corrupt!

Can't install required .NET Framework!

Can't run AGS!

Must work on graphics while trying to kick Windows into shape!
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Miez

Damn, with all these big guns joining in the fun, this is going to be some tough competition :D

dactylopus

Quote from: Miez on Mon 01/07/2013 20:12:57
Damn, with all these big guns joining in the fun, this is going to be some tough competition :D
Indeed, but I'm not going to let that stop me from trying!  ;)

Today, I got past the brainstorming and sunk some time into the engine.  So far, so good.

I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone's games will turn out.  I've always loved how different each One Room game can be.

Adeel

Quote from: dactylopus on Tue 02/07/2013 06:38:41
Indeed, but I'm not going to let that stop me from trying!  ;)

Today, I got past the brainstorming and sunk some time into the engine.  So far, so good.

I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone's games will turn out.  I've always loved how different each One Room game can be.

That's the spirit, boy! Way to go! :)

Okay, so here is the log of my work so far:

Completed and Tested the Guis. Coded the interface. Drew the character (left, right, front, back) and animated the front walking cycle. Not Bad for a start...

Next goal is to draw the background and animate the rest walk cycles. After that, making hotspots and write some necessary code for them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk