OROW 8 (July 1st - July 7th) - Results

Started by cat, Mon 10/06/2013 09:23:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Atelier

Struggling with perspective... I'll call it my style.

AJA

Yesterday, I only managed to fill one sheet of paper with sketches and pieces of dialogue before I fell asleep. If I keep going at this pace, I will either submit a game made in four hours on Thursday or nothing at all. :P

Khris

I feel like I'm already far behind... I'm going to have to force myself to cut stuff. Feature creep is already setting in :-D

tzachs

I have a beginning and an end but no middle... Does someone have a nice spare middle to share?
Anyway, decided to put it aside for now, and do some drawings. Maybe I'll get some design ideas from the characters..

Stupot

If I were taking part (which I'm not, but if I were) I wouldn't even dream of making a 3rd person game with walkcycles. :-)

kaput

Things are going well here (touch wood), but my predictions of sleep deprivation have come to fruition.

Tonight, we dine in hell! O-ROOOW!

QuoteFeature creep is already setting in

I've got a baseball bat next to me just incase... (*not really).

Ponch

Quote from: AJA on Tue 02/07/2013 18:12:25
If I keep going at this pace, I will either submit a game made in four hours on Thursday or nothing at all. :P
I have the exact same plan! :cheesy:

LimpingFish

I'm screwed! \o/

.NET has buggered me senseless, and I am left with no AGS.

Still working on visuals/sound/etc...
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Ponch

Quote from: LimpingFish on Wed 03/07/2013 01:22:47
I'm screwed! \o/

.NET has buggered me senseless, and I am left with no AGS.

Still working on visuals/sound/etc...

Spoiler
v2.72. Join me! Let's be iconoclasts together! :cheesy:
[close]

cat

Would be a pity LimpingFish if you can't participate due to stupid technical problems. Maybe you can get help in the technical forums?

The first part of my game is rudimentary playable now with placeholder art... I hope I can be bothered this evening to make sprites and animations :P

WHAM

Yesterday (day 2) saw about a half of the in-game art assets done.
Today I will be implementing them, adding some actual gameplay (not just walking around anymore) and, maybe, some cutscene-writing.
When I started I had one plan for the story of the game, now that plan has changed completely, so there's that to work on...

If all goes to plan I should have the game 100% playable on friday and all artwork done. This would permit 2 days for testing and creating additional storytelling elements.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

cat

Quote from: WHAM on Wed 03/07/2013 09:27:57
This would permit 2 days for testing and creating additional storytelling elements.

What, we are supposed to have storytelling? I knew I forgot something ;)

ThreeOhFour

Hello!

I now have all gameplay designed and implemented - with the exception of the final interaction click, you can finish the game now. All major art assets done - except the background needs some refining - and I'm now doing what animations I have left to do and adding in all the non-essential interactions.

I'm on target to finish, basically!

WHAM

Well that sums up day three.
Lost of fiddling around, basic user interface elements implemented and tested, more animations, more sprites, more features, more everything. I could say more but that would be spoiling the game :)

Oh, and also it is apparently on the 3rd day of 7 that I just glance at my design doc and go "yeah, eff that, I'm doing something else today!", so no more plans, just insane keyboard smashing.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Andail

I won't have time to participate, unfortunately. We're going away tomorrow and over the weekend, and besides I'm just ridiculously stressed about TSP.

I wish you all good luck and look forward to playing your games next week!

AJA

Sorry guys, but I'm out as well. With approximately two hours of work behind me, I haven't even managed to break the story I was trying to turn into a barely interactive OROW experience. Working on the big damn feathery smashy game some of you may have played (aka. Angry Birds) has sucked all the creative juices out of me. :(

But I'm happy to hear many of you are doing quite well so far. Keep it up! :)

Grundislav

In somewhat over 48 hours I have managed to draw my background and characters and complete walk cycles for the PC.  The story and puzzles are all written out but not yet implemented.

Today I will code in the GUI and inventory items with the goal of having the game fully completable by tonight.  Tomorrow I will record some music and spend the bulk of Friday and Saturday doing animations and tweaks.

I'm excited for the final results!

LimpingFish

Quote from: Ponch on Wed 03/07/2013 03:32:12
Spoiler
v2.72. Join me! Let's be iconoclasts together! :cheesy:
[close]

Ponch, you magnificent b'stard! I'd reach through the screen and tickle your udders, if I could! ;-D

I was so caught up in trying to get .net working, I didn't see the obvious answer in front of me.

Time to go oldschool! \o/

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Miez

Well, damn ... looks like I simply won't have enough time to commit to this :'(
So sadly I'm pulling out as well.

And I already had this funky bit of code written and all! :-D

Code: AGS

//-------------
// Septimal, determine the current day of the week
// ------------
int CurrentDayNumber = 0;
String CurrentDayName;

function InitDayOfWeek()
{
  DateTime *Today = DateTime.Now;
  int CurrentY = Today.Year;
  int CurrentM = Today.Month;
  int CurrentD = Today.DayOfMonth;
  int DayTable[12];
  DayTable[0] = 0;
  DayTable[1] = 3;
  DayTable[2] = 2;
  DayTable[3] = 5;
  DayTable[4] = 0;
  DayTable[5] = 3;
  DayTable[6] = 5;
  DayTable[7] = 1;
  DayTable[8] = 4;
  DayTable[9] = 6;
  DayTable[10] = 2;
  DayTable[11] = 4;
  String DayName[7];
  DayName[0] = "Solday";
  DayName[1] = "Moonday";
  DayName[2] = "Tiwazday";
  DayName[3] = "Wodansday";
  DayName[4] = "Thorsday";
  DayName[5] = "Frigaday";
  DayName[6] = "Saturnday";
  if (CurrentM < 3) {
    CurrentY--;
  }
  CurrentDayNumber = (CurrentY + CurrentY/4 - CurrentY/100 + CurrentY/400 + DayTable[CurrentM - 1] + CurrentD) % 7;
  CurrentDayName = DayName[CurrentDayNumber];
}

Ah well, maybe I can find some time soon to partake of a MAGS...

xil

Bit of a late start but I'm in! Good luck everyone :)
Calico Reverie - Independent Game Development, Pixel Art & Other Stuff
Games: Mi - Starlit Grave - IAMJASON - Aractaur - blind to siberia - Wrong Channel - Memoriae - Point Of No Return

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk