OROW 8 (July 1st - July 7th) - Results

Started by cat, Mon 10/06/2013 09:23:51

Previous topic - Next topic

WHAM

Owch! 3rd day and we have, what, three people dropping out. :(
But someone is also joining, albeit late (I don't think we'll mind, though): welcome aboard Calicoreverie!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Ponch

Quote from: LimpingFish on Wed 03/07/2013 21:37:17
Time to go oldschool! \o/
No school like the old school, baby! :cheesy:
Spoiler
[close]

oraxon

Hi, all. I'm working on an entry. I made backgrounds before, but this is my first time using the engine, so one room is about all I can handle.  :)

JenniBee

I'd like to join in on the fun too, if I'm not too late. :)

Pinback

Count me in.

*starts furiously drawing*

cat

Sure, everyone can join!

Too bad that some people have to drop out, especially AJA - who is now going to win by default? (laugh)

On the other hand, great to hear that people are making progress! I finished most of the GUI yesterday and the game is fully playable. Still couldn't be bothered to do animations yet  (roll)

frenzykitty

I've unexpectedly had to move house in the middle of the week - which has made the week a write off - but Im still gonna do a mad push over the weekend and try to finish it :D

Got main menu, interface and shitty character animations done :P

Adeel

After being stuck in scripting and wasting much of the time trying to get it work. Finally asked Handsfree to help and he solved it right away. Now I am wondering why I didn't ask him in the first place.

Outlined the sketch for the background and started coloring it. Next Goal is to draw the rest walkcycles and immediately start making the game.

Here is log of my work:

INTERFACE: COMPLETED
GUIS: COMPLETED

Still got much work to do!

ThreeOhFour

Awh, shame to see people dropping out.

My little game is effectively done at this point. Tomorrow I'll wrap up the assorted outstanding things - basically a few little animations, some sound effects and a bit of dialogue, give it a thorough test and hopefully send it off to cat - going to be somewhat busy over the weekend, so this is probably my last real chance to work on it.

Best of luck to everyone else entering!  :smiley:

Ponch

Sprites: 60% complete
Background: 75% complete
GUI: Abandoned
Cursors: Also abandoned
Inventory: In the bin next to the cursors
Steaks: On a plate next to the grill. 0% cooked
Beer: Packed in ice and ready to drink
Music: Loud
Ponch: 100% sexy

Let the long weekend begin! :grin:

cat

Remember Ponch, don't drink and draw  ;)

Important info for submission of entries:
Please make sure your games are 100% anonymous, this means do not include your name anywhere in the game or readme, not even in the game properties. Of course if you use an AGS module, you can credit the author of it.
When you PM me your game please also tell me who else worked on your game so I can correctly list them when the results are revealed.

xil

Hi, I've got a (hopefully quick and easy) question: Can we customise the default/speech/etc fonts with free fonts?

I'm aware the rules in the first post imply you can't but I have played other OROW games with custom fonts (so I just wanted to clarify 100%). In either case, apologies in advance for bringing up what you can and can't use yet again!
Calico Reverie - Independent Game Development, Pixel Art & Other Stuff
Games: Mi - Starlit Grave - IAMJASON - Aractaur - blind to siberia - Wrong Channel - Memoriae - Point Of No Return

WHAM

Quote from: calicoreverie on Thu 04/07/2013 19:17:02
I'm aware the rules in the first post imply you can't but I have played other OROW games with custom fonts (so I just wanted to clarify 100%). In either case, apologies in advance for bringing up what you can and can't use yet again!

Seconded, or are we expected to learn font-editing as well in a week? (I'll do it, if need be, watch me!)
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

cat

Free fonts are ok. Although I'd love to see your custom made font, WHAM  ;)

Radiant

Oh, I'm still here. The less time I spend writing status updates, the more time I can spend coding. Mua ha haah!

xil

Quote from: cat on Thu 04/07/2013 19:36:20
Free fonts are ok. Although I'd love to see your custom made font, WHAM  ;)

Excellent, thanks cat. I also would also love to see WHAM's personally created font ;)
Calico Reverie - Independent Game Development, Pixel Art & Other Stuff
Games: Mi - Starlit Grave - IAMJASON - Aractaur - blind to siberia - Wrong Channel - Memoriae - Point Of No Return

selmiak

Quote from: cat on Thu 04/07/2013 18:31:04

Please make sure your games are 100% anonymous, this means do not include your name anywhere in the game or readme, not even in the game properties. Of course if you use an AGS module, you can credit the author of it.
and don't use out of the norm winsetup.exe s ... I'm quite excited to see what you all are baking up :)

Ponch

WHAM

I have now poured something like 20+ hours into the game so far. The prototype is working (not going to say "well) but I am lagging behind plans a bit. No idea where I'll come up with time to make music, but we'll cross that obstacle when we come to it. If all goes well, tomorrow I'll be able to play the game from start to finish for the first time.

Also I think I'm becoming ill, sore throat, runny nose, the usual flu symptoms. Crappy timing, though.

Now SLEEEEEP!

Adeel

Quote from: Radiant on Thu 04/07/2013 20:18:49
Oh, I'm still here. The less time I spend writing status updates, the more time I can spend coding. Mua ha haah!

+1 Radiant! You just spilled out my thoughts.  :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk