OROW 8 (July 1st - July 7th) - Results

Started by cat, Mon 10/06/2013 09:23:51

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

I've sent my entry off to our gracious hostess. Really enjoyed entering, good luck to everyone else finishing up!

WHAM

Five days done and game can now be played from start to finish. Tomorrow I test and add cutscenes to ensure the game isn't a crashfest.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Khris

I'm like, halfway done. Just spent half an hour hunting an elusive, but really dumb bug.
Less than 48 hours to go. Off to bed.

Ponch

Dropping out now. Haven't touched my game since Wednesday morning and with friends in town until Sunday, I don't think I'll have any time to work on it again before the deadline.  :-[

Good luck, everyone else!

Armageddon

It's probably for the best Ponch, since you have such a distinct style everyone would vote for your game. (and the boobs within)

Ponch

Quote from: Armageddon on Sat 06/07/2013 04:10:12
It's probably for the best Ponch, since you have such a distinct style everyone would vote for your game. (and the boobs within)
And yet it doesn't feel like a good thing. I had a neat little idea but I wasn't expecting to have someone on my couch this weekend. It's cramping my style, man! (roll)

Ryan Timothy B

What? I thought we all agreed not to vote for his games?  (laugh)

Ponch

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Sat 06/07/2013 04:20:36
What? I thought we all agreed not to vote for his games?  (laugh)
:P

Grundislav

Happy to report that my game is almost done!

Today was spent doing animations and music, as well as adding sound effects.  The game has been fully playable since Wednesday, and all that's left to do are 2 animations.  I intend to spend all of tomorrow working on them, hopefully being done by Saturday night or Sunday afternoon at the extreme latest.

Looking forward to playing every else's entries, as well as unleashing mine on you all!

WHAM

Day 6 and a half, the game is now finished. I even made music for it (first time I ever made music :/).
I'll take a rest and test the game a bit more, and will send it out to Cat some time tomorrow.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

LimpingFish

I hate you all! "Ohh, my games almost ready! Ooh, my games finished!"...you bunch of robots!

Bitter? Me?

In unrelated news, I have, like, I don't have what could be termed a "finished" game.

Leave me alone.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Ponch

Quote from: LimpingFish on Sat 06/07/2013 18:16:03
In unrelated news, I have, like, I don't have what could be termed a "finished" game.
Made with 2.72, I hope?

Meanwhile, my own game is going to be retooled as a MAGS game. By some incredible coincidence, my OROW game has the exact same theme as this month's MAGS contest. Weird, right? ;)

kaput

Glad to hear most of you guys are either finished or finishing up, really looking forward to see what you've been up to :). Sorry to hear about your situation, LF. I'm sure you'll find a reasonable solution.

I've put myself through some absolutely dire physical hell this week, but it's been an experience I'm glad I took part in. It's actually incredible what random obstacles I found in my way too. Nevertheless, I'll be submitting my entry tomorrow - the deadline is 12am? 

EDIT: It's clearly Limping Fish, not Limping P**h so I'm not sure why I referred to you as LP. Must be sleepiness.

Grundislav

Just zipped & shipped my game off to cat! 

straydogstrut

Quote from: Ponch on Sat 06/07/2013 19:09:59
Meanwhile, my own game is going to be retooled as a MAGS game. By some incredible coincidence, my OROW game has the exact same theme as this month's MAGS contest. Weird, right? ;)

Afraid I'm going to have to do likewise, sorry to let you all down :~( Among the pathetic excuses I can offer up are extra hours at work, wedding stuff, lack of Internet.. Yeah, pathetic!

I like what I've done with my idea so far so will try to release it this month either way. Excited to see so many of you racing past the finishing post - look forward to playing all the entries :)

WHAM

Game could have done with some more polish, but I am tired and I am sick and I have sent it to Cat. Gods help us all!

cat

Final day!

I already got some entries - everyone who sent me a DL link should have gotten a reply now. I downloaded the games and checked if I was able to run them, but didn't play any further. I'm going to start playing them the same time as you are. Of course I will not vote, as I know who made which game.
Speaking of voting, does anyone know a good site to make a poll?

I'll finish my game this evening, just two more sprites and minor interactions are missing.

dactylopus

Doesn't look like I'll be able to finish.  I seem to have set my goals for this project a little too high.  I may complete it this month as a MAGS entry, but I think I'd rather get back to work on other projects and finish this up as time allows.

Still looking forward to playing everyone's games either way.

Miez

Quote from: cat on Sun 07/07/2013 15:35:18

http://www.surveymonkey.com/ ?

(is rather limited in the free version though: max 10 questions, max 100 responses)

Armageddon

Quote from: Miez on Sun 07/07/2013 15:39:31
Quote from: cat on Sun 07/07/2013 15:35:18

http://www.surveymonkey.com/ ?

(is rather limited in the free version though: max 10 questions, max 100 responses)
Google Drive has a free voting survey thing that's really nice.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk