OROW 8 (July 1st - July 7th) - Results

Started by cat, Mon 10/06/2013 09:23:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Adeel

Poll Daddy is one of those poll sites which a news / blogging website (I frequently visit) uses to conduct their polls. Try it. I haven't tried it (didn't feel the necessity) so I can't tell you whether its good or not. However, they seem to have a nice google rating.

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: cat on Sun 07/07/2013 15:35:18
Speaking of voting, does anyone know a good site to make a poll?
I've seen Mods use the forum's integrated polls. Just talk to a global mod or the 2 competition thread mods: Iceboty, Ali.

AJA

Speaking of voting, if possible, let us rate each game in each category (eg. 1-5) instead of just picking our favorite.

cat

Quote from: AJA on Sun 07/07/2013 17:23:11
Speaking of voting, if possible, let us rate each game in each category (eg. 1-5) instead of just picking our favorite.
I would, if I could make a poll that works this way. Could you setup such a thing?

I don't think the forum's voting system supports voting for different categories.

AJA

I think you can make a poll like that with google drive's survey system. Just add a bunch of headings (graphics, audio, gameplay, etc.) and under each of them one 1-5 or 1-10 rating thingy for each game.

Miez

Yup, SurveyMonkey has the same features...

cat

Does SurveyMonkey does require people to log in? Does it have a feature to track who has voted? (for avoiding spam votes, people voting more than once, people voting for their own game...)

Miez

Logging in - I'm not quite sure. But it does make sure you can only vote once (tracks IP, I think).

Andail

I could just start five polls here in this very forum. Sure it means a lot of polls, but it's for a limited time. Maybe it'll feel better to have everything forum-based instead of external services that people will have to click on links to find.

cat

Would this mean 5 threads or is it possible to make 5 polls in one thread?

Radiant

And submitted my game! Here's a screenshot:

Spoiler
Just kidding on the screen, but the game is real :P
[close]

cat

Ok, I'll go to bed now. I hope I'll find a few more games tomorrow in my inbox  :)

Stupot

I've used kwiksurveys.com before. Bit of an ugly interface, but it did the job very well.

Khris

Don't have time, must finish.
I'll try my utmost to have it ready at GMT 0000.

LimpingFish

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

xil

I think I was a little too ambitious, but it's done (ish). Sending now!
Calico Reverie - Independent Game Development, Pixel Art & Other Stuff
Games: Mi - Starlit Grave - IAMJASON - Aractaur - blind to siberia - Wrong Channel - Memoriae - Point Of No Return

Adeel

Finally I got relieved! Sent the link to our hostess. Only 22 minutes left until the deadline. I have become very tired now. This whole experience was an exhausting yet a very learning one.

I have seen enough of the editor that I plan not to see it for at least a week.  8-0

After all this hard work, I am going to sleep now since the local time here is 4:38AM. Not to mention that I will have to wake up at 8:00 AM (local).

tzachs

Wow Adeeel, now that's dedication!
Unlike you I managed to sleep almost a full 6 hours.. Managed to squeeze in a game with some 20 minutes to spare, which I believe is better than the last time, so I guess I improved my time management skills.
I did have to skip on some unimportant tasks, like playtesting.. Oh well..

Was sad to hear about all the people that dropped out, but am excited to play all the games that did come out. Go OROW!

cat

I'm excited to announce that we have 15 entries!

In alphabetical order:

Betrayal
Draconis!
Educating Adventures of Girl and Rabbit
Fly Paper
Jack Trekker
Kanji Gakusei
MI
One Dungeon One Week
Sinking
Tattooroom
The Addict
The butler didn't do it
The Crystal Ball
The Reaper
The Rebirth

DOWNLOAD THE GAMES HERE!

Please note that "The crystal ball" cheated and used public domain music.

frenzykitty

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk