OROW 8 (July 1st - July 7th) - Results

Started by cat, Mon 10/06/2013 09:23:51

Previous topic - Next topic

straydogstrut

I plan to play them all this weekend so I'm glad I haven't missed the deadline! Ending on Sunday is okay by me :)

Phemar

dactylopus

I finally got around to voting.  This was a lot of fun.

There was an awful lot of talent this round, I didn't get to vote for everyone I wanted to vote for.

It should be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Khris

Adeel

Quote from: Khris on Fri 12/07/2013 17:01:49
Only 20 votes!? What the hell.

Khris, how did you check that only 20 votes are casted so far?

AGA

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Fri 12/07/2013 17:05:44
Khris, how did you check that only 20 votes are casted so far?

Quote from: AGA on Fri 12/07/2013 12:39:23
There have only been 20 votes so far.

I'll close voting at 23:59 on Sunday then, since people seem to agree with that.  I should be able to send you some stats early - mid Monday then, cat.

Radiant

Quote from: AGA on Fri 12/07/2013 17:14:59
I'll close voting at 23:59 on Sunday then, since people seem to agree with that.  I should be able to send you some stats early - mid Monday then, cat.
Will we get to know the 2nd and 3rd place in each category too?

AGA

I will give cat the raw information, she can do what she wants with it.

cat

Quote from: AGA on Fri 12/07/2013 17:14:59
Awesome! I'll try to post the results in my lunch or coffee break  :)

Quote from: Radiant on Fri 12/07/2013 17:36:12
Will we get to know the 2nd and 3rd place in each category too?
Yes, definitely. I probably will not post the complete result (I don't want anyone to feel bad for being last) but at least the top 3 or top 5 in every category.

Stupot

Played them all and voted.
Really impressive and awe-inspiring work all round.
There's a reasonably polished Bake Sale or Summerbatch right there already.

selmiak

only played about 25% of the games. even though they are short a longer voting deadline would be nice.

LimpingFish

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

tzachs

Played and voted!
I was also really impressed by the quality. I think it's partly because we were given time to think about the games beforehand. It definitely proved itself...
I've already wrote some mini reviews, will complete them for all the games and publish my thoughts after the results are posted.

Miez

Totally agree with most previous comments: the quality of these games is impressive. Well done contestants!

Vince Twelve

Done!  My first finished game was an OROW game, so I look forward to playing the games each time it's held!  Played through all the games this evening, pausing only to eat.  What a great time!  I can't remember another OROW with such great output.  Some people know how to take advantage of AGS's strengths!  Man.  Good job everybody!  I got my votes in.  Some of them were really hard.  I hope people don't just vote their favorite across the board and actually put some thought into the voting.  Because there are some in here that probably deserve some recognition that may not get included if that happens.

I've written mini-reviews for each game and I'll post them all after the results are up!

Again, congrats to everyone who participated.  If it was your first game, double congrats.  You've now finished something.  You know what it takes to finish something.  Now go finish more things!!!

Ghost

miguel

Voted as well. The quality was really impressive.
Congratulations to all participants.
As always with voting I feel that I've been unfair with some games but I can't help but to vote in the game(s) that I've enjoyed most playing even if other games have the same quality...Oh well, enough said.

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Ilyich

I'll join in with the praising of the participants - it's a very impressive lineup of games indeed! Very diverse too, a real explosion of creativity - excellent work, everyone!

And although it was tough to vote because of the high quality and diversity of the games, it was great to be able to vote for many different games in different categories, because they all have different strong points.
Congratulations to all the contestants and thanks for this nice little treat - it's been a lot of fun! :)

AGA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk