Decisions of the Elders - Space Quest minus 1 - PART 2 released!

Started by Leisure Suit Harry, Sun 23/06/2013 14:38:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Leisure Suit Harry

Dear friends of the good old adventure game,

"Decisions of the Elders" is an unofficial prequel of the legendary Space-Quest series with Roger's father, Jerry, as the main character who is looking for his lost bride, Julia.

It's a retro game with AGI-like pictures and fonts, but SCI like control and piano music in ogg-format.

If you loved the old Sierra adventures there's a really good chance for you to like this game!

In 2012 I have released chapter 1 of the plot.
Now I have extended the first chapter, improved a few details (according to the players' feedback) and added a second chapter. DOTE is now a medium-length game (about 20 playable rooms) with difficult puzzles and lots of fun. You must be a very experienced player if you wanna rush through the game within 2 hours!

Whether I will produce the final chapter 3 or focus on my real life will depend on your feedback...

The game is in the AGS games database. The download consists of the full part 1 and part 2. -->  If you are one of the several hundred people who already played part 1 you will have to spend a few minutes in order to get to the new part...

Download the brand-new game here:

http://www.tonundtext.at/downloads/SQ_DOTE2.zip

And now, have fun!

Yours Boston (aka Leisure Suit Harry)
Yours Boston McShew (aka Leisure Suit Harry)

Shadow1000

That was fun! It took about an hour to complete (once I redid the first part). Cute puzzles and story. There better be a good ending to this!

Thanks for the game

SHADOW

arj0n

Gratz on this release Harald!

Now go work on the 3rth chapter! ;)

Leisure Suit Harry

Quote from: Arj0n on Tue 25/06/2013 09:45:26
Gratz on this release Harald!

Now go work on the 3rth chapter! ;)

Well, my boss says something else, Arj0n. And by that I don't even mean my wife...
On the other hand, I would have some nice ideas for the finale:) :grin:

Adeel

Your first chapter was great. Enjoyed it. :smiley: Your style reminded me much of Leisure Suit Larry :cheesy: (the game which ACTUALLY made me love these point'n'click adventure games). Right now, I am downloading the new version.

gspit1124

Just finished the game! I hope part 3 is on it's way to being made! Great job! Thank you!

Phemar

Just finished, super psyched for part III, keep it coming!

I really liked the breaking of the fourth wall - the narrator conversing with the main character and whatnot, it was a lot of fun. I didn't find it too hard at all, finished the puzzles relatively easily. But maybe I was just lucky haha.

My only complaint, and the only part I really got super stuck on, was that it wasn't clear that there were new rooms to explore sometimes. I searched for twenty minutes trying to cut stuff with the ax before I realized I could walk south to the waterfall. Again when I got to part II, took me a while to realize there was the shed room and squirrel room to the south, and then I got super stuck again because I didn't realize there was the second crop field to the right of the shed.

But other than that I really enjoyed it. I think the hints in the messages and look descriptions really helped!

ltcolonel97062

Very difficult game. Some things don't make sense. A walkthrough would really help and be appreciated.

Leisure Suit Harry

Hi all.

A complete walkthrough ist now available:

http://www.tonundtext.at/downloads/WalkthroughDOTE.pdf

I advise against using it! If you play around you will get hints and funny responses at the very least. But since some puzzles are indeed difficult, before you get really frustrated check out the walkthrough.

Have fun - Harry (aka Boston)

Leisure Suit Harry

I just want to inform all the people who have played the first 2 parts of "Decisions of the Elders - Space Quest minus 1" (released in 2013):
I have finally started the production of the final part 3. Fortunately Patrick is helping me with the background pics.

In the final part you will learn where Roger Wilco's jetpack (SQ I) is from and that cow dung can be your friend when you are on a worm hunt.
Furthermore you will slip into the role of Julia and make the acquaintance of the SIA - Sarien Intelligence Agency.

I am already excited :grin:

Yours Harry (aka Boston)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk