An old problem: LucasArts Lip Sync.

Started by Herooftime1000, Sun 23/06/2013 02:54:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Herooftime1000

So here's the dealio. My game has an GUI that is similar to the style of Uninvited, Deja Vu, and Shadowgate. It has the face of the heroine in the center while all text dialog is displayed below in a black text box.

I use LucasArts to separate the Speech view and the text box and it works perfectly.

Then, I tried Pamela and failed hardcore...

I searched around the forums, looking for a plugins or different programs to use, but it all leads to 404s and broken links.

Is there something I'm missing?

Ghost

Quote from: Herooftime1000 on Sun 23/06/2013 02:54:30
I use LucasArts to separate the Speech view and the text box and it works perfectly.

How exactly? You are using LucasArts speech display I assume, but how do you get the text into the text box? Which command are you using- not character.Say I guess?

Herooftime1000

Quote from: Ghost on Sun 23/06/2013 03:01:39
Quote from: Herooftime1000 on Sun 23/06/2013 02:54:30

How exactly? You are using LucasArts speech display I assume, but how do you get the text into the text box? Which command are you using- not character.Say I guess?

.SayAt, actually.

Herooftime1000

Ok, here is how I did it.

The character view is also the speech view so the character square is the character talking, see? Then, I use SayAt to have the chracter box talk while the text shows in the black box. Feel me? Now, I want to add lip sync, but Pamela doesn't support lip synch for LucasArts and I'm in need of an alternative.

Ghost

Okay, got you now ;) I thought you'd use text labels to display the speech (since you mentioned a text box). In that case lip synch clearly would've had no effect.

Since I have never used Pamela at all, I need to step aside and leave a helpful answer to someone else  :-[

Herooftime1000

Well, thanks, but if there is an alternative to Pamela I'd love to hear it.

Khris

There is none. How did you "fail hardcore"? If you want lip sync, you have to use Pamela, so try and give us some more info.

Herooftime1000

Quote from: Khris on Sun 23/06/2013 15:04:09
There is none. How did you "fail hardcore"? If you want lip sync, you have to use Pamela, so try and give us some more info.

I did use Pamela, but it doesn't work on LucasArts. That's the problem. I'm wondering if there is a module for it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk