MAGGIES 2011/2012 - WINNER(S?) ANNOUNCED

Started by Atelier, Wed 26/06/2013 20:39:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Atelier

MAGGIES 2011 + 2012

Not a great way to start a thread, but two apologies first: sorry for missing last year's MAGGIES, and for holding this year's so late. In both cases, I did have something prepared but exams got in the way, and for 2011 it eventually became too late. So not wanting to miss a MAGGIES on my account, or cause somebody to miss out on the title, I thought it would be good if we held the two together. Now, glaringly huge timing issues aside, let's play and vote for our favourite entries from the last two years! :-D

It is working slightly differently this time around - only the winners from each month are eligible. This means there are 10 entries to choose from for 2011, and 9 for 2012.

A link to the voting form is at the end of each table. You do not have to vote for both years - you can do either or both. As always, please download and play all the entries for that year before deciding!

Voting closes on 31st July.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

2011 Nominees

You can download all the 2011 entries in a bundle HERE.

Otherwise, click the titles to download individually.

JanDeath on Stage by DuncanFX
FebLa Sol by WHAM
MarThe Day Nothing Happened by Creed Malay
Apr15 Minutes by hedgefield
May<3 by Ben304
JunA Simple Fix by vertigoaddict
JulChance of the Dead by Ghost
AugThe Unicated by Duzz
SepForest Dweller by icey games
NovOSD Sorta 99% Famous by icey games

VOTE

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

2012 Nominees

You can download all the 2012 entries in a bundle HERE.

Otherwise, click the titles to download individually.

JanHUBRIS by Ghost
FebBig Blue World Domination by WHAM
AprWages of Darkness by Baron (Art by Kastchey, Music by Doc Savage)
JunPuzzle of the Pulchritudinous Pumice by Ponch
JulBilly Goats Gruff by Nightfable
AugNot Fine by Cleanic
OctErrand by Radiant
NovThe Old Man and the Sea by TheBitPriest
DecThe Adventure of II by icey games

VOTE

Ghost

Thanks for running the Maggies despite your busy shedule, Atelier. Just seeing the list of cool games makes me all nostalgic! Gotta get'em all.

[edit]
Played'em. All of them. Then voted (nod)

Atelier

We have 21 votes across the two years so far... there's still 10 days left to play and vote ;)

DBoyWheeler

*sees title of the thread, "Maggies"*

Must... resist... urge... to... make... Maggie Simpson... reference...

Anyway, we got us a good lineup here.  To all who have been nominated, best of luck to all of you.  May the best MAGS game win.

WHAM

My workplace web-filter (fortiguard) says your site is malicious. Looks like I'll vote when I get home... :)
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Icey

So what exactly is maggies, I'm supposing it's a comp for like best MAGS game of the year(s)?

Sorry it's just I don't think I ever noticed it before.

I'm just gonna assume.....

WHAM

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Atelier

Yep, we have about 20 votes for each year now - there's still a few days left if you've yet to vote!

TheBitPriest

It keeps telling me that I have already voted, but I think my daughter must have done it when my AGS account was open on the family computer.  I hope she had good taste!  :)   So many good games!

Atelier

Well it's the 31st July, meaning voting is closed, and we have our two winners! Or, do we?

For the first time, we have somebody winning two years in a row - our winner has taken both the 2011 and 2012 title! So, here are the results tables; votes are in ascending order.

Unlisted entries did not receive any votes.

21 votes in total.

Death on Stage by DuncanFX1 vote4.8%
Forest Dweller by icey games1 vote4.8%
OSD Sorta 99% Famous by icey games1 vote4.8%
The Day Nothing Happened by Creed Malay1 vote4.8%
<3 by Ben3042 votes9.5%
The Unicated by Duzz6 votes28.6%
Spoiler
Chance of the Dead by Ghost takes 1st place!
[close]
9 votes42.9%

19 votes in total.

The Old Man and the Sea by TheBitPriest1 vote5.3%
Wages of Darkness by Baron5 votes26.3%
Errand by Radiant6 votes31.6%
Spoiler
HUBRIS by Ghost takes 1st place!
[close]
7 votes36.8%

I'd like to give a special mention to Radiant, who is only our 2012 runner-up for the sake of 1 vote. Also well done to Baron and Duzz, who got a respectable share of the vote for their entries. Thanks also to everybody who entered MAGS in the past two years, and all who played and voted for our nominees.

Finally, I'd like to invite our winner to join the estimable Order of the Maggot, and congratulate them on their very impressive grand-slam!

arj0n

Double-Gratz Ghost.

And also: well done to all MAGS participants.

selmiak

congrats ghost, your games rock! What happened to that wreck it ralph like candyland game?

CaptainD

selmiak

Ponch

WHAM

Booya! Congrats, Ghost! Now that's what I'm talking about! :D

Tabata

to all the cool MAGS-winners!

Two thumbs up for our greedy Mr. Ghost,
first spooky Maggies-winner for two years in a row â€" WOW! 8-)

Will you reach out for the third now? :wink:

-----------special message in order----------------------------------------------
Ghost wanted me to tell you
  „HURRA!“

(If everything works as planned he will be able to go online again soon.)

Ghost

Thanks to all the voters, runner-uppers and internet-havers! I shall treasure this!

Order of the Maggot, too! I never *knew* hoow to ge that title!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk