A punk with wheels

Started by scab, Mon 01/07/2013 12:11:17

Previous topic - Next topic

scab

Hi everybody, I made my first game :

A punk with a wheels is a point and click game. It's a parody of the 80's punk culture. The protagonist is Cody and he will lead you in a funny story in a drama universe. Help him to investigate to know what he did last night. You will meet a lot of weird original characters in a black humour story. Enjoy!

AGS game page

-Bugs fixed!

Storyboard, art and code by Scab
Test and English correction by Arj0n

A punk with wheels

ThreeOhFour

gspit1124

Cute game...I am stuck though 
Spoiler
I have water, pills in a pot, and syringe. No idea what to do next
[close]

scab

Thank for commentaries!

Go there for walkthrough

Shadow1000

- I just want to make sure that there is no sound for this game?

- I saved my game and came back later and there are no saved games in the list to restore. What do I do now?

SHADOW

scab

No the game have no sound, I tryed to create some musics but I'm really not a musician...

And you right, another little problem here, I made a test and I think there is an error with the Load button, but just move the mouse at the top of the screen and click on the load icon (the second disk with an red arrow) and you should be able to load your game. I hope it's help.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Shadow1000

Thank you for the solution and explanation.

I keep finding that the locations on the map keep disappearing and I have to keep going back to a save game. I assume this is a glitch?

SHADOW

scab

No problems.

Yeah, I think it's a glitch... I try to reproduce the same context of your problem and everything work fine for me..

Shadow1000

It seems that when I go back to the Metro I lose the locations on the map.

I completed the game, but you should know that this glitch makes it impossible to finish because
Spoiler
you have to return to the Metro to find the pipe if you don't have it
[close]

Some comments on the game:

- I recommend that you find someone who can help you with the English
- I recommend you iron out the glitches before releasing the game.
- Some games have captions on hotspots. Other games use the art to help distinguish between items you can interact with and the background. This game frequently has neither and therefore pixel hunting is a must in this game. I recommend that you address this as some items are almost impossible for the player to know to interact with.
- Perhaps someone can help you with the sound or you can find some sites with stock sound effects and music that you can use to create the environment you are trying to achieve.

The graphic style is nice.

Good luck

SHADOW

Khris

I tried playing this and even though it said to switch to the eye cursor right at the start, I went ahead and clicked "New" with the interact cursor. Crash. The event has a function, but it was removed from the script. :P That simply shouldn't happen.

I restarted it and noticed that the walking is also pretty slow, and at that point I Alt-Xed out of it. I'm sorry, but judging from the other comments, this seems to be a public alpha test.

It's a pity because the graphics are really cool; it seems a waste to release it in that state. I'd get some testers and publish it when it's ready to be.

scab

Yeah, I think you are right. I just realize I made a lot of mistakes. I will fallow your advices. I will remove the game for now. Sorry and thank for your commentaries.

Dropped Monocle Games

I played a little bit last night and had problems starting a new game even with the cursor set to the eye, I also had problems picking items up.
Maybe the pick up cursor could have a pointer or something, I had to keep clicking around to find the "sweet spot"
I did really like the art style, I hope you can polish this game up and I will give it another try :)

scab

Yeah, I will put more work on the game, I released it to fast. Thank a lot for all your advices, it's help me a lot. So I will show you the game later.. Thank for understanding.

scab

arj0n

Congrats on the re-release of this lovely game.

'Punk with Wheels' went through several rounds of polishing.
So for those who tried this game before and weren't able to continue/finish it:
You should really give it another try now ;)

scab

Quote from: Arj0n on Sun 21/07/2013 13:00:50
Congrats on the re-release of this lovely game.

Thank! You did a really great job! :)

CosmoQueen

Awesome, I will certainly give it a play now!
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Andail

Great minimalistic graphics and really funny in all its dirtiness!

Adeel

Congratulations to you, Scab and Arj0n, for re-releasing this game as highly polished and very stable.

The game itself was hilarious with cheeky dialogues from Cody. The game also showed me the world and mindset of a punk. The story was interesting too. All of the graphics were great especially backgrounds were given a lot of details. The animations were good too.

One thing that I missed in this game was music. Punk-styled music can make this great more enjoyable. Sound effects aren't necessary if there is music but if used correctly (such as: Crying sound on that girl, etc). They'll spice up the game.

A very enjoyable entry, I must say and definitely recommended to play. A very big achievement by the developer, considering it's his first game. Good Luck to you, for you future projects. :)

scab

Thank everybody, I am happy to see some people enjoy my game! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk