Cross Stitch Casper

Started by san.daniele, Mon 01/07/2013 16:50:51

Previous topic - Next topic

san.daniele

@cat:
thanks a lot for reporting this! (and the compliment ;) )

@CW:
found it! took some time, as this was literally one of the last things I looked at.
seems kinda ridiculous: the way I see it, it looks like Direct3D and DirectDraw handle object baselines in a different way (don't beat me if I'm saying stupid things here).
let me elaborate: at some point during developement I tried to reduce game size by playing around with backgrounds (here's a thread I did about it). I ended up not using backgrounds at all. What you see in the game are screen-sized objects. Using Direct3D renderer those objects seem to be drawn on top of everything else. when moving one of those background objects half way out of the screen area, it looks like you would expect it if what I wrote above is true. Room objects and character are visible on the empty side of the screen.
(background-objects have baseline 1, other objects numbers above 10).

I'm not sure what to do with this information. It might be more interesting for you than it is for me :)

selmiak

Thanks AnasAbdin for reminding me of this great gem. I couldn't resist longplaying it and you should play it too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_1w4XTXBCA

san.daniele

I'm honoured.
it's been a couple of years since I even looked at the game. enjoyed watching your video (and I have to admit there were feelings of pride ;) ).

… and yes, I created the 4-pixel-high-font just for this game.

selmiak

hey daniele. I'm glad you like my video. Sadly there were some recording issues with the end credits, as in OBS just didn't record the visible but the music, but the game is so sad I just couldn't play it again to record the ending. So you did everything right with this one :P :-D

Jojo_the_monkey

Late to the party, but I really enjoyed played this unique game. Fantastic aesthetic and very well paced!! My only complaint is:
Spoiler
I would prefer the same aesthetic in the fire at the finale, just as the rest of the game. Maybe a change on the color like red/orange would do the trick.
[close]
I should have listened to my mother---I should have practised.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk