What song are you listening to right now?

Started by The Fool, Mon 01/07/2013 19:44:32

Previous topic - Next topic

milkanannan

Quote from: Galen on Thu 16/06/2022 20:38:59
That thumbnail image really looks to me like someone microwaved Jake Gyllenhall.

(laugh) I can't unsee it

(Cool track, Stupot)

milkanannan

I watched Fear and Loathing for the first time in ages today. I love that movie and yet I can't really put my finger on why. Maybe because everything seems to revolve around the present moment or something (I sadly live in the future). Anyway, I like the way the end credits roll out:

TheFrighter

Sometimes this song come to my mind:

_

Creamy

Nice song by Ofra Haza. I hadn't heard it in ages.

I came across this cover of the Beatles when I was looking for inspiration for the Circus competition.

milkanannan

Nice tracks guys. That King Charles one is cool (reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on it). Is it just me or are the lyrics a bit cringe? (laugh) I don't really know that artist. Is it supposed to be a bit tongue in cheek?

Snarky

I just read The Good Soldier by Ford Madox Ford (it's great, and the title is very misleading), and found myself humming this song; obviously because the narrator keeps calling it "the saddest story" he ever heard (which was also Ford's preferred title):

https://youtu.be/Z7wSBqOIJBo

Creamy

QuoteThat King Charles one is cool (reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on it). Is it just me or are the lyrics a bit cringe? (laugh) I don't really know that artist. Is it supposed to be a bit tongue in cheek?
I guess so. The lyrics in Mississippi Isabel seem silly too.

I like Belle and Sebastian.

Musicals anyone?

Snarky

Last night I went to an open-air concert on the roof of the Oslo Opera House (well, the roof was the audience area, the actual stage was on a raft), headlined by Madrugada.

(As always, it's hard to judge inclines in photos, but we're standing on the sloping roof of the building)

They were less technically perfect than the last time I saw them live, but I liked this show better. They did 2–3 tracks from their new album, but mostly the old hits. (I was thinking about how many times Høyem must have sung "Higher" in his life. Yet he gives no hint of being bored.)

They did a cool, louder version of this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psd3duWcs6w

milkanannan

Snarky

Thanks, milkannan! Yeah, I think so.

Anyway, I like The Like. I got into them after I saw them open for Tori Amos in Chicago. This is a great diss-track from their second (and last) album that just came up in my playlist. Z Berg apparently claims it's totally not about their former bass player, Charlotte Froom. Listen to see if you can spot the "subtle hints" that she might be fibbing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZUs19XT_6k

Galen

Creamy

A classic. It took me years to realize that the title is Sliver (and not Silver).

Lately, I've been listening to the Scarlet Furies, the band of Robert Holmes (composer of Gabriel Knight) and his daughter Raleigh.

KyriakosCH

I love the GK games soundtracks...
But the music he and his daughter are making doesn't really remind me of those :)
Did the Gray Matter game bomb? (youtube search led to ost for it by them, which sounds nice)

Don't underestimate the Knight's family tragic poet-samurai appeal, Grace :D
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Creamy

The last games of Jane Jensen (who is also Robert Holmes' wife) didn't sell well.
Pinkerton Road Studio closed after the remake of Gabriel Knight and Moebius: Empire Rising:

I haven't played those but Gray Matter and Erica Reed were good IMO.

LimpingFish

Neil Young removed all his solo stuff from Spotify, but I guess he couldn't kill everything he was involved in the recording of...

I like this movie, but I'm a HUGE fan of the soundtrack...

From one of my favourite synth-pop albums of the '80s...
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

KyriakosCH

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Snarky

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk