Author Topic: What song are you listening to right now?  (Read 3726 times)

Re: What song are you listening to right now?
« Reply #40 on: 16 Mar 2019, 18:39 »
Did you know the Offspring singer, Dexter Holland, has a PhD in molecular biology? Always found that tidbit interesting. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter_Holland
I had no idea, though I'm not surprised. There are a great deal of celebrities out there who have high degrees in various fields.  :)

Yeah I'm not saying there aren't, but I mean... look at this guy.  (laugh)

Well, in Sweden there's a saying about not judging someone based on their appearance; Don't judge the dog by it's hair, or in this case, the hideous hippie haircut with feathers in it!  (laugh)

« Reply #41 on: Yesterday at 04:34 »
Lots of great tracks listed in here.  Thanks for sharing!

As for me, I recently got a new vehicle, and now I have access to a functioning CD player while I drive.  I also have AUX capabilities, but I found some old CD books while moving and have been going through them.  They are mostly mixed CDs I made myself, but I've been revisiting a lot of old memories through them.  I recently listened to this track:

That song reminded me of another from a fantastic movie I watched recently, so I listened to that as well:

And that was how I went down a rabbit hole...

Galen

• Ancient Greek Physician™
« Reply #42 on: Yesterday at 16:17 »
Jon Lajoie - Too fast  :-D

Then there's his recent efforts at making actual songs:

It's pretty good, even if it feels a bit too contemporary to my ears. I don't need every song to sound like an imitation Hosier. I suppose this is why I've gone off of indie-folk a bit (there's so many bands that sound completely indistinguishable).

As for what I'm listening to ATM:

« Reply #43 on: Yesterday at 16:41 »
Lots of great tracks listed in here.  Thanks for sharing!

As for me, I recently got a new vehicle, and now I have access to a functioning CD player while I drive.  I also have AUX capabilities, but I found some old CD books while moving and have been going through them.  They are mostly mixed CDs I made myself, but I've been revisiting a lot of old memories through them.  I recently listened to this track:

That song reminded me of another from a fantastic movie I watched recently, so I listened to that as well:

And that was how I went down a rabbit hole...

Listened to that Sigur Ros album constantly back in the day! My wife and I put it on every once in a while now, too.

That second track is interesting.
man n fist AKA manifest AKA manifest class AKA hello123

« Reply #44 on: Yesterday at 16:46 »
man n fist AKA manifest AKA manifest class AKA hello123

« Reply #45 on: Yesterday at 17:59 »