What song are you listening to right now?

Started by The Fool, Mon 01/07/2013 19:44:32

Previous topic - Next topic

milkanannan

Quote from: notarobotyet on Mon 12/08/2019 16:26:02
...everybody was a sheep except THEM and how THEY were the chosen ones and everybody else was barely sentient zombies except THEM. I think all that crap they were being sold about being part of a very special "elite" is what brought a huge majority of them in...

Lol this could totally be used to describe a hipster (laugh)

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Jack on Mon 12/08/2019 19:32:46
Quote from: notarobotyet on Mon 12/08/2019 12:58:40
(what did we even call them back then? "Pathetic inbred losers"?)

Neo-nazis. They're LARPers. I always wonder about these people who adopt an image that would make them look tough, obviously they themselves feel they are not tough enough, what is everyone else supposed to think? Guess they expect others to put as little thought into their life choices as they did.

The Man Comes Around

Must have missed this one with the page change. Yeah, there's a certain kind of hilarious irony in seeing people like these claiming to be all unique enlightened individuals and totally not a bunch of sheep and then going around all dressed the same (as in, literally in uniform), licking their favourite artists' boots and trying to convince everyone that they had read "Revolt Against the Modern World" back-to-back (roll)

I wonder what's become of them... I recently came across a girl online I used to know back in the day who was SO into Aryan rethoric that she actually married a German guy and moved to Munich. She's now a devoted housewife, lmao, sorry not sorry for the schadenfreude (laugh)

milkanannan

Quote from: notarobotyet on Wed 14/08/2019 07:39:25
totally not a bunch of sheep and then going around all dressed the same (as in, literally in uniform)

(laugh)

Jack

Quote from: Laura Hunt on Wed 14/08/2019 07:39:25
She's now a devoted housewife, lmao, sorry not sorry for the schadenfreude (laugh)

This one I don't get. She missed out on the opportunity to be a wage slave, and can raise her own children instead. What a loser, right? I think a family where a parent can raise their own children is very fortunate.

Anyway, here's a great song: Highwayman

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Jack on Thu 22/08/2019 18:51:23
Quote from: Laura Hunt on Wed 14/08/2019 07:39:25
She's now a devoted housewife, lmao, sorry not sorry for the schadenfreude (laugh)

This one I don't get. She missed out on the opportunity to be a wage slave, and can raise her own children instead. What a loser, right? I think a family where a parent can raise their own children is very fortunate.

lmao she's still a wage slave, except not even to her own wage but somebody else's.

dactylopus

Wasn't sure I'd like it at first, but it is a nice track.

This is what I was listening to before I clicked that link:

Snarky

Happened to hear this today, and was reminded of what a beautiful song it is.

St. Vincent's cover of Nico's "These Days":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV4Rz8stPro

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Snarky on Fri 23/08/2019 17:23:18

<3

I'm not a fan of Nico's "Chelsea Girl" days, but this song always hits me so hard, and gets more devastating the older I get. I didn't know this version, so thanks!

Jack

Quote from: Laura Hunt on Fri 23/08/2019 12:51:32
lmao she's still a wage slave, except not even to her own wage but somebody else's.

Not true.  They'd still be dependant on the other wage, but they don't have to do any of the slaving. Being a stay at home parent is actually the only occupation I can think of where all your effort is going towards your own family. Even if you own a business, you have customers to please.

Buffalo Springfield

KyriakosCH

https://youtu.be/1IwY_D3pnOs

It was used in the soundtrack of one of Argento's better films.
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

dactylopus

St. Vincent's cover of Nico's "These Days"
Quote from: Jack on Fri 23/08/2019 20:12:02
Buffalo Springfield
Quote from: KyriakosCH on Fri 23/08/2019 23:26:16
Thanks for posting!  All good tunes.  Enjoyed very much.  Hadn't heard St. Vincent's cover, but it's great.  Also hadn't heard Goblin, good stuff!

This was my last listen, stuck in my head lately.  Quite different from what's above, but I love it:

Jack

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?

The Senate Song

Spoiler
best villain
[close]

milkanannan

Quote from: dactylopus on Fri 23/08/2019 15:49:35
Wasn't sure I'd like it at first, but it is a nice track.

This is what I was listening to before I clicked that link:

Nice! Have to admit I've never actually listened to this guy before, although I've had him recommended to me before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV4Rz8stPro

Lol Royal Tenenbaums has ruined this song for me forever.  (laugh) I can't listen to any version without picturing the silencing of a bus and Balmer and Margot's faces. Oh crap I think I'm going to cry now  :~( (laugh)

https://youtu.be/1IwY_D3pnOs

World's most chilled out drummer!  :-D
Quote from: dactylopus on Sat 24/08/2019 00:21:52
St. Vincent's cover of Nico's "These Days"
Quote from: Jack on Fri 23/08/2019 20:12:02
Buffalo Springfield
Thanks for posting!  All good tunes.  Enjoyed very much.  Hadn't heard St. Vincent's cover, but it's great.  Also hadn't heard Goblin, good stuff!

This was my last listen, stuck in my head lately.  Quite different from what's above, but I love it:

Wish this were a bit longer. Need some background music to study to like this.  :-\

milkanannan

dactylopus

Quote from: Laura Hunt on Sat 24/08/2019 09:43:29
Quote from: man n fist on Sat 24/08/2019 05:13:35
Quote from: dactylopus on Fri 23/08/2019 15:49:35

Wish this were a bit longer. Need some background music to study to like this.  :-\

How about something like this?

It's not quite the same style, buuuut it could work!
Very nice!  Thanks for posting it!

Here is another in a similar style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpAdxDFihR0

milkanannan

Ah nice we're in to the emotional teen rock stage of this thread. Here's one from my days as a dazed and confused youngin':

Laura Hunt

So the new Tool album finally leaked... Anybody else here who has been waiting 13 years for this?

(Note to mods: the above embed is from the band's official YT channel and is not part of the leak!)

dactylopus

Super excited about the album.  Haven't heard anything aside from that song yet.  Sounds like a Tool song.  May wait to listen to the full album upon release, may not be able to...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk