What song are you listening to right now?

Started by The Fool, Mon 01/07/2013 19:44:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura Hunt

Quote from: dactylopus on Tue 27/08/2019 12:03:35
Super excited about the album.  Haven't heard anything aside from that song yet.  Sounds like a Tool song.  May wait to listen to the full album upon release, may not be able to...

My expectations were pretty low because I wasn't too fond of 10,000 Days to start with and I wasn't expecting them to come up with anything super exciting after a 13 year hiatus, but I have to say that I'm impressed! The album is an 80-minute monster with all tracks except for a crappy instrumental clocking in at over 10 minutes (plus some interludes that are missing from the leaked version), so I still have to listen to it a few more times for more things to stick, but I can definitely say I'm hooked. Well worth the wait! :)

milkanannan

Their sound is unmistakable. Yeah that new track is pretty cool. Glad to see Keenan is off his wine tangent. (kidding) (laugh)

I revisited Aenema a few months back. That's a really terrific album. I've always felt a connection with the title track, its range of emotions, and lyrics, which at one point are laugh out loud funny. If I remember correctly, the song is a full hate-fest on Los Angeles and references an urban legend where the tides rise and swallow all of South California, creating 'Arizona Bay':

"One great big festering neon distraction,
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied
(whispering-->) Learn to swim, learn to swim, learn to swim"
(laugh)

Laura Hunt

Quote from: man n fist on Tue 27/08/2019 17:54:19
Their sound is unmistakable. Yeah that new track is pretty cool. Glad to see Keenan is off his wine tangent. (kidding) (laugh)

I revisited Aenema a few months back. That's a really terrific album. I've always felt a connection with the title track, its range of emotions, and lyrics, which at one point are laugh out loud funny. If I remember correctly, the song is a full hate-fest on Los Angeles and references an urban legend where the tides rise and swallow all of South California, creating 'Arizona Bay':

"One great big festering neon distraction,
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied
(whispering-->) Learn to swim, learn to swim, learn to swim"
(laugh)

So good! I do miss Angry Maynard in this new album though :~(

(Danny Carey is almost 60! WTF! HOW!)

Gurok

[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

milkanannan

Gurok, also feeling it! Can't believe you found the full version! ( (laugh) (laugh))

milkanannan

Quote from: Jack on Tue 27/08/2019 19:04:13
(V●ᴥ●V)

You've got to embed these, mate. This old tune was great, but honestly I kind of lost the plot at 'the bull that gored my dad'. wtf  (laugh) Otherwise the relaxing vibe reminds me of Lawrence Welk, and that midcentury American big band sound:

Jack

WHAM

Good ol' Rammstein paid a visit to my city not long ago, and sparked some fresh interest in the band. We also had a retro LAN party with chiptune music, demoscene stuff etc.
Thus...

AUSLANDER!

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

milkanannan

Inca II menu theme music is terrific! Wish it were a longer track.

Laura Hunt

"Norman Fucking Rockwell!" is out today!

Unfortunately, not a single one of the other tracks I've listened to so far is as good as this one or "Venice Bitch", both of which are absolutely unfuckwithable, but overall it's a good album nonetheless. Maybe even my second favourite of hers, after Ultraviolence? Time will tell!

milkanannan

Nice one, Jack.

Ugh weekend where are you. :~( This little number is helping me get by.

milkanannan

milkanannan

I've always thought this video is cool looking.

milkanannan

Can't not love this song.  :~( (This is the beer talking I swear!)  (laugh)

milkanannan

Snarky

Didn't get a good night's sleep, need something to get me going today. I need some... voodoo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7R5UtMjIhQ

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk