What song are you listening to right now?

Started by The Fool, Mon 01/07/2013 19:44:32

Previous topic - Next topic

dactylopus

Quote from: milkanannan on Tue 21/07/2020 18:18:17
(Radiohead)
This song always reminds me of this other one.  Had them back to back on a CD years ago and always loved how they worked together:

Incubus - Aqueous Transmission

TheFrighter

I recently hear this song on the radio... and I thought: "Did I really enjoying this crap when I was younger?"

_

milkanannan

Quote from: dactylopus on Sat 18/07/2020 05:35:06
OutKast - Humble Mumble

Yeah, that's a great track and a really interesting album. I'm not huge into hiphop, but I've always appreciated Outkast's exploratory style.

dactylopus

Quote from: TheFrighter on Tue 21/07/2020 20:26:46
I recently hear this song on the radio... and I thought: "Did I really enjoying this crap when I was younger?"
It's a bit simplistic, but that's a good track!  So is this one that I heard the other day, and your pick reminded me for some reason:

White Town - Your Woman

Snarky

That's one of those 90s one-hit-wonders (I read an FAQ with White Town a while back where he said he'd pretty much given up his music career after this song, though he seems to have made a very minor comeback). I remember with a mix of fondness and cringe. (See also: Fools Garden, "Lemon Tree")

I'd never heard these guys before, but... instant fan:

https://youtu.be/njcKaW__jeM

PS: Radiohead are so effing brilliant!

Laura Hunt

Current mood: dancing my ass off to these goddamn hippies in my kitchen while making pizza. That klarino!

milkanannan

Frodo

I'm listening to a classic right now - I Wanna Be A Punk Rocker!   :grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHSE7OjAQeU

Pogwizd

Quote from: milkanannan on Sun 26/07/2020 08:19:17

As per usual I'll let myself out...

For a sec I was really happy to see the video you posted but then I realised it wasn't Jaja Ding Dong... :D

milkanannan

dactylopus

Quote from: Snarky on Fri 24/07/2020 19:54:54
That's one of those 90s one-hit-wonders (I read an FAQ with White Town a while back where he said he'd pretty much given up his music career after this song, though he seems to have made a very minor comeback). I remember with a mix of fondness and cringe. (See also: Fools Garden, "Lemon Tree")

I'd never heard these guys before, but... instant fan:

PS: Radiohead are so effing brilliant!
Nice track by the National.  I've just started getting into them recently.  I found this INXS cover song they did that I enjoy:

The National - Never Tear Us Apart

And apparently the main songwriter just co-wrote and recorded an album with Taylor Swift that's getting good reviews.  There's also an artist called Bartees Strange that has several reinventions of songs by the National, including About Today.  Good stuff to check out.

Quote from: Laura Hunt on Sat 25/07/2020 11:00:20
Current mood: dancing my ass off to these goddamn hippies in my kitchen while making pizza. That klarino!
Cool track, but not what I would think of as hippies!

Quote from: milkanannan on Sun 26/07/2020 08:19:17
(Double Trouble)
Not a bad Europop track, actually.  I've been meaning to watch that movie.

Quote from: Frodo on Sun 26/07/2020 09:53:44
Good fun!

I'm compelled to post this:

Pat Boone - Enter Sandman

But this is what I was listening to:

Mr. Kitty - After Dark

The vocal delivery of the verse kind of reminds me of Dammit by Blink-182, so that's fun.  Sonically, this is a completely different song.  Love this one lately.

Laura Hunt

Quote from: dactylopus on Tue 28/07/2020 23:34:03
Cool track, but not what I would think of as hippies!

The album is called "The Age of Aquarius" and they have lyrics such as "Singing along / Along with the angels / With all the spirits and animals / Become one with the universe" or "We are dreamers of a different world / Surrounded by eternal love / And peace with perfect harmony / The dawn of age of gold". Sounds like a bunch of hippies to me :-D

(Edit: also, I stand corrected. I just found out that the wind instrument is a Gaida (a type of bagpipe), not a Klarino!)

milkanannan

If only I had a dollar for every time I got my gaidas and klarinos mixed!

milkanannan

milkanannan

Quote from: Frodo on Sun 26/07/2020 09:53:44

Grandad's on the cough syrup again! (laugh)

TheFrighter

I choose my personal brand new summer hit for this year:

You already did?

_

milkanannan

Quote from: dactylopus on Tue 21/07/2020 20:00:54
Quote from: milkanannan on Tue 21/07/2020 18:18:17
(Radiohead)
This song always reminds me of this other one.  Had them back to back on a CD years ago and always loved how they worked together:

Incubus - Aqueous Transmission

Took a minute to grow on me, but yeah it's a really nice chilled out track. I like the strings and the east asian twang (I can actually name that instrument! A Chinese Pi Pa~). Sort of reminds me of that mid-century Suzie Wong movie.

milkanannan

Totally feeling it! That three beat guitar pulsing in the background mid-song (cue air guitar and air head banging (laugh))

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk