What song are you listening to right now?

Started by The Fool, Mon 01/07/2013 19:44:32

Previous topic - Next topic

milkanannan

Quote from: TheFrighter on Thu 30/07/2020 18:28:48
I choose my personal brand new summer hit for this year:

You already did?

_

Awesome summer track. I wish the video were just a pic of a palm tree or something though (laugh) I suddenly have a craving for something rum based...

milkanannan

Quote from: TheFrighter on Tue 21/07/2020 20:26:46

I recently hear this song on the radio... and I thought: "Did I really enjoying this crap when I was younger?"

_

Reminds me of pet shop boys Go West. Also gives me tones of if I knew of these guys it would totally be my teenage 90s jam (laugh)

Laura Hunt

Quote from: milkanannan on Wed 05/08/2020 14:54:38
Totally feeling it! That three beat guitar pulsing in the background mid-song (cue air guitar and air head banging (laugh))

I know exactly which part you're talking about :-D

Crimson Wizard

Recently I started listening to one Russian punk group called "Король и Шут" or "The King and the Jester" (if translated), which I've only heard about from my school friends long ago. Something reminded me of them and I decided to check it out, and loved it. They worked in an eclectic genre of "fantasy horror" with lots of dark humor and grotesque pathos in their texts. Unfortunately I don't know of english translations, but I could try finding later.

Here's one of the albums:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-C0lCPFTj8

Laura Hunt

Huh, it just dawned on me how few Russian bands I know, especially compared to how many amazing Russian classical composers I'm familiar with. I've heard some stuff by Kino, I only know Leningrad exist because they recorded an album with the Tiger Lillies, and I like Elena Kamburova a lot, but... that's about it! I'm actually shocked that I don't know any Russian metal bands! (even Ð'АТЮШКА are not Russian, but Polish).

I do love myself a good Russian waltz, though (hums Ochi Chernye to herself.)

Crimson Wizard

^ To give an example of what sort of songs their are singing :D, the very first song in the above album is called "Forester" ("Лесник"), and the story goes like this:

A tired traveller finds a forester's cabin in the woods and asks to stay for a night there. The master of the cabin seems very welcoming and nice person, and they spend night eating, drinking and telling stories.
The forester tells that he likes forest animals, and that he befriended wolves by occasionally feeding them.
Soon after they hear a howl in the woods. Forester leaves for a minute, then comes back with a gun and sais: "my friends are hungry, let's go for a walk".
:grin:

milkanannan

Galen

milkanannan

Enya, wow haven't listened to her in ages. I will admit I always have an emotional reaction to her voice.

Slasher, your track won't load here.  >:(

I really enjoyed elements of the Bojack series. If you know the show, this will bring back some memories:

Snarky

milkanannan

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Thu 06/08/2020 12:11:23
Recently I started listening to one Russian punk group called "Король и Шут" or "The King and the Jester" (if translated), which I've only heard about from my school friends long ago. Something reminded me of them and I decided to check it out, and loved it. They worked in an eclectic genre of "fantasy horror" with lots of dark humor and grotesque pathos in their texts. Unfortunately I don't know of english translations, but I could try finding later.

Here's one of the albums:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-C0lCPFTj8

Nice one! That's a cool opening track. I don't if it's the way the drums were recorded or the tone of the voice but it reminds me of early Millencolin:

Slasher

Aww.... you are awful Snarky.... but I like it .. it's catchy  (laugh)

milkanannan

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Snarky on Fri 21/08/2020 18:15:00
This is so damn stupid, but so damn catchy:

loooool wtf!

Still, as far as STD-and-related songs, nothing can beat this!

(Better audio here, but the cover/thumbnail is very much NSFW!)

milkanannan

Quote from: Laura Hunt on Fri 21/08/2020 19:03:22
Quote from: Snarky on Fri 21/08/2020 18:15:00
This is so damn stupid, but so damn catchy:

loooool wtf!

Still, as far as STD-and-related songs, nothing can beat this!

(Better audio here, but the cover/thumbnail is very much NSFW!)

Um let me quote myself: "where do you find this stuff?" (laugh) Wow, thanks that was a lovely unexpected detour.

milkanannan

Helten, I can't get your track to load here. (facepalm) It's probably my restricted connection.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk