What song are you listening to right now?

Started by The Fool, Mon 01/07/2013 19:44:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Galen

Galen

AlbumArtistYearGenreLink
1979Deru2014Ambienthttps://musicstore.deru.la/album/1979

Ambient album from all the way back in 2014. Distills a feeling of faded nostalgia down in to a series of ambient drones, with heavily use of super analog vinyl and tape distortion and artifacts. Feels a bit like browsing your old family polaroids.

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Galen on Tue 23/02/2021 21:30:31
Ambient album from all the way back in 2014. Distills a feeling of faded nostalgia down in to a series of ambient drones, with heavily use of super analog vinyl and tape distortion and artifacts. Feels a bit like browsing your old family polaroids.

Oh, I love this album so much! Thanks for giving me an excuse to revisit it :)

A couple of things in a similar vibe that you might enjoy (if you don't know them already):

Julien Neto - Le Fumeur De Ciel:

Dictaphone - APR 70:

mkennedy

Earlier today I listened to the Megadeth album "Peace Sells" and on Saturday I listened to the Metallica album "Master of Puppets"

TheFrighter

I warn you: don't listen this medley or you won't go back!  8-0

_

Galen

I refuse to believe that's not Zach Galifianakis playing the guitar.

TheFrighter

Quote from: Galen on Sat 06/03/2021 17:58:35
I refuse to believe that's not Zach Galifianakis playing the guitar.

(laugh)

_

LimpingFish

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Galen

AlbumArtistYearGenre
DamnationOpeth2003Progressive Rock

Guess I'm doing more opeth.

Galen

TitleArtistYearGenre
Moonloop (Unedited Improvisation)Porcupine Tree1994Psychedelic Rock / Progressive Rock

heltenjon

I've been listening to fellow AGS-er Andreas Black's single lately. I like it primarily because of the great Gary Moor-ish guitar playing. The spoken lyrics are in Swedish, and are a send-up of a Swedish comedian who apperantly has tried to make a comeback after a MeToo-case. (I don't know anything about that case.) The lyrics are clearly backing the women, if there was any doubt.

The background vamp is inspired by Frank Zappa's instrumental "Sexual Harassment in the Workplace". Apt.

dactylopus

I have been away for quite some time, over a year?  You guys made me open way too many tabs.  I'll look over them all, but this is what I was listening to at the time:

milkanannan

milkanannan

Welcome back, dact.  :)

Have been introducing my son to some old SNES and N64 titles on Saturdays (trying to keep video game time in check, so just one day a week :=). We were playing Super Ghouls and Ghosts and both commented on the cool track in the ice level. I think it's actually 5/4 time - I've always loved riding the extra beat in that signature. Track is 'Ice Forest' and starts at 15:27 if it doesn't play from the right place (I can never get the time stamp to link properly):

Those midi flutes sound so...icy :P

Danvzare

This is the first time I've come across this thread at a time when I can legitimately post something to it.
Right now, I've been listening to the soundtrack for Princess Maker 2.

I recently started playing the first game in the series, the terrible translation of the old MSX version to be specific. (Speaking of which, the third disk is corrupted.)
The game is surprisingly fun. And even more surprisingly messed up (the game should be renamed to "deadbeat dad simulator").
With my newfound interest, I looked up the game to learn some more, I then found out about the attempt to officially release a translation of the sequel for MS-DOS (decades years before the steam release), and that eventually led to me listening to the soundtrack. The comments on this particular video, learnt me quite a bit about the game's soundtrack.

Galen

TitleArtistYearGenre
To Hell and BackSymphony X2015Metal

milkanannan

Galen, not sure if it is just me, but your vid has gone unavailable.

Danzar: I'm digging the chilled out 8-bit tunes 8-) jeez, at almost 90 minutes they sure didn't skimp on the soundtrack!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk