Odot Tamat On - Update 2013-08-09: Spanish translation available.

Started by zabnat, Wed 02/05/2007 14:37:13

Previous topic - Next topic

zabnat

Quote from: paolo on Fri 04/05/2007 13:36:32
The graphics are excellent. Well done!

Quick question though... how do you interact with objects? The left mouse button doesn't seem to do anything, and the right mouse button gives me the "look" icon. Is there a manual somewhere in the download? I couldn't see one.

Thanks.
See the first post in the section features and "unique gui".

Quote from: paolo on Fri 04/05/2007 13:36:32
PS: What does "Odot Tamat On" mean?
Spoiler
If it would give the game away to explain it, then please don't. I do note however that it is "Not a mat to do" backwards... is that coincidental? Or is it an anagram: "Not tomato ad"? "O, damn tattoo?" :)
[close]
Basically it would be something like "Une Xpec Ted" ;)
Odottamaton is finnish and means unexpected. I chopped it in parts like they did in Hirt Tämät Tömät...

Nostradamus

I loved this game.
Where do I start?  I loved the graphics, loved the animations, loved the puzzles, loved the rhyming... I really really loved the GUI... very cool!  :=
Much kudos to you for this game!

Uku

just loove that graphycs... when i get my computer fixed, i will definetly try it.
PS!sorry for my english.

rockeh

Loved the game, even if the ending was a bit anticlimatic. The bit with the mouse made up for that, though ;D

And, just curious: what program(s) did you use for the graphics ?

zabnat

Quote from: rockeh on Sat 05/05/2007 14:11:21
And, just curious: what program(s) did you use for the graphics ?

Graphics were made with the principle "something fast and something easy".
So the graphics were made and animated with 3ds max and then frames were processed with Photoshop (thank god for actions and batch processing).

Indie Boy

This was a great game, and I loved the graphics. Are you planning on making a second one?
I won't use this login.
Try IndieBoy instead

Czar

Hey.
How do you do your graphics?
They're very cool. :)
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

ildu

Nalle Karhu: "Look at this, what do you say?"
Pupuna: "The horses will run away."
Nalle Karhu: "Well that turned into gingerbread."
Pupuna: "Of course when you speak a hole into your head."

Pure class :D.

tube

Quote from: ildu on Sun 06/05/2007 10:39:38
Nalle Karhu: "Look at this, what do you say?"
Pupuna: "The horses will run away."
Nalle Karhu: "Well that turned into gingerbread."
Pupuna: "Of course when you speak a hole into your head."

Pure class :D.

Yeah, the game was a real treat for us Finns. Not that I see representatives of other nationalities complaining either. Keep up the good work.

paolo

I loved the graphics and the characters were cute.

The puzzles got a bit illogical towards the end, to my mind (maybe I wasn't paying enough attention to what everyone said, which was important) and the end was a bit anticlimactic. I was expecting to see everyone get their traits back and everyone living happily ever after.

zabnat

Quote from: paolo on Tue 08/05/2007 13:32:43
I was expecting to see everyone get their traits back and everyone living happily ever after.

So in other words I succeeded on following the guidelines  ;D

Alla

Quote from: neuwb on Wed 02/05/2007 14:59:14
awesome totally awesome
I'm downloading it now!!!

i cant wait to play it looks really good 4 thumbs up o nthe graphics
it looks like you put alot of time into this and it looks really good
reminisant of my favorite sam and max games, although i must admit it went downhill after the first game
Hi,i download the game but it refused to play in my windows XP,is ti some other platform???
and plz,somebody,open LINK in HINT..THANKS

zabnat

Quote from: Alla on Tue 08/05/2007 14:17:49

Hi,i download the game but it refused to play in my windows XP,is ti some other platform???
and please,somebody,open LINK in HINT..THANKS

Hard to say what could be the problem, as I also have Windows XP. Do you have trouble running other AGS games on your XP?

There is a Hints & Tips thread here.

kajlin

wow, the screens made me download! they look nice, looking forward to playing  :)

zabnat

Oh my, shamelessly bumping a thread over 120 days old  :-[
But I have a little something for you :)

Update 10-10-2007: Source and paper available for download
So I'm graduating as a bachelor of engineering from EVTEK University of Applied Sciences and I just finished my Bachelor's Thesis. Topic for my thesis is development of graphic adventure games and I used this game as a part of it. Unfortunately it's written in finnish so many of you won't understand any of it, but I know there are quite a few finns here who might be interested and there is an abstract written in english. The thesis is available for download on game's webpage.
I'm also releasing the project files and source for the game incase somebody is interested. Please read release notes before downloading them. They are also available on game's webpage.

This information is also included in the first post.

Mazoliin

I'm just glad that you bumped it. Otherwise I wouldn't have found this beautiful game! This is pure genius!

m0ds

Is it me or does 1 in 3 AGS'ers companies feature "Monkey" somewhere in the title?

Mazoliin

Maby I chould change to Yeknom?  ;)
But yes, 'Monkey' is probably used far to much than what is healthy.
Though it's a great animal  ;D

zabnat

This game is now available in Spanish, courtesy of cireja.

edit: Would just like to say that I have high respects for this translation. It's not an easy job with all the rhyming and stuff. :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk