Started by kaput, Tue 16/07/2013 12:45:01

Previous topic - Next topic

kaput

Sunny Penguin Games presents:
Jack Trekker - Somewhere in Egypt

DOWNLOAD HERE!

"Now that's how you fucking make an introduction.  Great stuff."
-Vince Twelve

"While the protagonist wasn't really my cup of tea, the game itself was very enjoyable and chatting with the three dames did produce some laughs."
-AJA

"Definitely among my favourite OROW games, all time."
-Pablo

Help Jack Trekker, egomaniac ladies' man and stereotypical adventure hero, escape the tomb of the Three Sisters with the legendary Dildontus relic!

With suggestive dialogue and a terrible influence for a protagonist, this game is sure to be one for the whole family to enjoy.

Originally created for the eighth One Room One Week AGS competition 2013. The game has since been updated with added credits and all bugs (that we know of) have been stamped out. Hopefully.

Features:

* Traditional point and click adventure
* Original storyline
* Animated cutscenes
* Original soundtrack and SFX
* Douchebag protagonist
* Free

ThreeOhFour

I was impressed at how much you got done in a week! After the introduction I was like "I bet they ran out of time to make an actual game" - and I was totally wrong :D

Nice work! ^_^

kaput

Cheers, Ben! Thanks to my time at Uni I can put together an animation pretty quickly - although the real headache came around when I tried to get it to work in the game. It was all originally gonna be 1024x768 but for some reason (I think because of the high frame rate) it was all very choppy. Took me HOURS to convince myself to lower the resolution. As for the rest, pretty much no sleep and touch and go.

Although I think your latest podcast has inspired me to allocate my time better in future haha. We live and hope.

Slasher

Hi

although I have not yet finished the game I can say that this is a nice little gem so far ;)

qptain Nemo

That game made me laugh heartily from start to finish and adore it deeply. I endorse Jack Trekker madly. The charm is irresistible. I'd like something more like this please.

So that I can rip some more mad hardcore indie gaming in it. Bro.
BOOM! 

Grundislav

Kudos on that opening animation, it made me laugh a whole bunch.  The game was pretty fun too, and I liked the puzzles!

kaput

Quote from: qptain Nemo on Wed 17/07/2013 03:15:56
BOOM! 

That settles it then. FULL 10 HOUR JACK TREKKER GAME. I'm not even joking. BOOM!

Disclaimer: It might take a while due to ambition. But it will come  :smiley:

Adeel

Quote from: Sunny Penguin on Wed 17/07/2013 23:47:55
That settles it then. FULL 10 HOUR JACK TREKKER GAME. I'm not even joking. BOOM!

That would be great. The game DOES NEED extension. :)

WHAM

I could never decide if the game was too naughty or not naughty enough. Probably the latter. :)
Anyway, liked the game a lot!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Slasher

Bring it on JACK TREKKER  (laugh)

Great humor and loved the game play.

Well done Sunny P

Encore...............................

Sslaxx

Can I kill him? Want to see douchebag guts!
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

kaput

Jack is a man of steel. But I'll certainly consider incorporating many 'ways to die' in the next one. I myself find that kind of thing quite funny.

Adeel

Quote from: Sunny Penguin on Fri 19/07/2013 17:10:08
Jack is a man of steel. But I'll certainly consider incorporating many 'ways to die' in the next one. I myself find that kind of thing quite funny.

Yes, please extend this game a.s.a.p. It shows great potential.

qptain Nemo

Quote from: Sunny Penguin on Wed 17/07/2013 23:47:55
Disclaimer: It might take a while due to ambition. But it will come  :smiley:
What are you talking about, I want it, like, now.

Kitty Trouble

Spoiler
I already beat the game, but what was the point on the message in the scroll?
[close]

kaput

Spoiler
with the scroll you can transcribe the hieroglyphics above the Dildontus which gives you a hint on how to beat the game. But you don't need the hint to beat the game - just a nice extra. You really just have to look at the scroll and this activates the chance to do so.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk