Noah's Quest (Mags Entry - August 2017)

Started by Slasher, Fri 01/09/2017 07:19:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

Noah's Quest -  (Mags Entry - August 2017)
"God did sayeth:'Noah, buildeth an Ark made of gopher wood and fill it with two of every animal, for it will rain for forty days and forty nights and the world will be cleansed and then reborn...'"

Help Noah find and take back the animals he needs to the Ark before the heavens open up and the mighty floods begin and the world ends...
Customised Dialog option screens... Animated Snow and Rain (Not add-ons).... Buy and sell items at a market but watch your spending.... Interact, Look and Talk with Inventory Items.... Progress with items you buy, sell or obtain....
Specs: 320 x 200.... 32-Bit.... Direct3D9.... NOT a demo....
Please play and vote for your favourite Game in this month's MAG Competition: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=55084.0.
Download Noah's Quest here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2187/

Mandle

I finished the game and had a lot of fun with it.

Two issues:
Spoiler
I ran out of money without buying what I was supposed to. So I tried selling the cushion back to the guy in the right-hand stall. He said he would buy it back for 2 sheckles and Noah said "okay" but he didn't take it and I didn't get the money.

Then I tried to buy the hemp seeds while I had 0 money and the game let me buy them. I thought maybe I had gotten an "invisible" 2 sheckles from "selling" the cushion and tried "selling" it again over and over, but I still couldn't buy anything else. Maybe it was a onetime thing?

What actually happens if you spend all your money on useless things? Is it a dead-end? Or can you sell stuff back?
[close]

Slasher

Mandle:

Progress with items you buy, sell or OBTAIN...

Mmmm.... well spotted old chap... uploading revised version....

Uploaded (nod)

Mandle

Quote from: Slasher on Fri 01/09/2017 07:43:25
Mandle:

Progress with items you buy, sell or OBTAIN...

Yes, I did. That's not the issues I was reporting.

Slasher

Mandle..

There should be No dead-ends...

Mandle

Quote from: Slasher on Fri 01/09/2017 08:01:03
Mandle..

There should be No dead-ends...

No... I was just asking if there were possible dead-ends out of curiosity.

The issues I was reporting are separate issues. Did you not understand what I meant? I can clarify if needed.

EDIT:

Quote from: Slasher on Fri 01/09/2017 07:43:25
Mmmm.... well spotted old chap... uploading revised version....

Uploaded (nod)

Ahhhh... I see you have it covered...

Mandle

This game is charming!

I really loved the mechanic of:

Spoiler
The illusion of money management to make the player nervous but with a way out to avoid dead-end gameplay even if you spent wrongly. I don't think I've ever seen that particular game mechanic done before as a puzzle in its own right. Very nice!
[close]

Also, this MAGS round, Slasher is God bringing down the flood and also Satan...

* Mandle 's mind is blown!

Creamy

Finished it. Nothing very original story-wise but the gameplay was nice.
It was clever to have the merchants propose stuff that you can't afford. A good way to give the illusion of abundance.

That is, until I found a bug to get rich :-D
Spoiler
When you try to sell mint to Gaddiel, he refuses to buy it but you get 2 shackles anyway.
Since you keep the mint, you can do that as many times as you want.
[close]

Slasher

Quote from: Creamy on Mon 18/09/2017 11:59:47
Finished it. Nothing very original story-wise but the gameplay was nice.
It was clever to have the merchants propose stuff that you can't afford. A good way to give the illusion of abundance.

That is, until I found a bug to get rich :-D
Spoiler
When you try to sell mint to Gaddiel, he refuses to buy it but you get 2 shackles anyway.
Since you keep the mint, you can do that as many times as you want.
[close]

A newer version was uploaded when it was reported just after release and was fixed...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk