Mysteries of Peak Valley 2

Started by kaput, Sun 21/07/2013 19:33:14

Previous topic - Next topic

kaput

Sunny Penguin Games presents:
Mysteries of Peak Valley: Case 2 The White Lady

DOWNLOAD HERE!

Synopsis:

It's been a year since the Boulyn incident and a prestigious case lures Zack back to Peak Valley. Arriving at Burnom manor, famous for being allegedly haunted by a woman dressed all in white, Zack must use his psychic medium talents to finally unravel the legend of the White Lady.

[embed=560,315]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2mDz3jGYamw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

The Screenshots:

Starring:

KAREN HAYMAN
ROB KENGOTT
JALEN K CASSELL
HANNAH MERCER
AVERY SMITHHART
LES MAYERS
MARKUS HALSEY
MIKE GILLON

Features:

* Traditional point and click adventure
* Original storyline
* Voice acting
* Animated character portraits with lip syncing
* Fully interactive
* Lots of reading
* Full soundtrack
* Second in the series
* Free

Shadow1000

Awesome! Downloading right now!

CaptainD

Congrats on the release - looks impressive!

qptain Nemo

Quote from: Sunny Penguin on Sun 21/07/2013 19:33:14
* Second in the series
I knew you were joking when you said a sequel to Jack Trekker will take a long time,  but still, boy, that was fast! Well done. Sure gonna check it out.

kaput

Quote from: qptain Nemo on Sun 21/07/2013 20:35:38
Quote from: Sunny Penguin on Sun 21/07/2013 19:33:14
* Second in the series
I knew you were joking when you said a sequel to Jack Trekker will take a long time,  but still, boy, that was fast! Well done. Sure gonna check it out.

Time travel, m'boy. Nah, this game has been finished for a while but I wanted to let the smoke clear and the dust settle from orow.

Thanks for the kind comments! hope you guys enjoy the game. I have been told that it is quite hard so if you find yourself getting a little annoyed with it just send me a message or open up a hints thread - I'll be around.

Shadow1000

I played the game and completed it. I did need a few hints from the walkthrough but for the most part the puzzles were logical and I was able to solve them unassisted.

I did not understand the end. Is there somewhere that explains it more clearly?

Thank you

SHADOW

Stupot

Looking good SP.  I'll check this out in due course.  I quite enjoyed the first one :)

miguel

Congratulations SP,
I'm off to finish the first part now and only then I'll get this one.

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Adeel

Congratulations Sunny Penguin on releasing your second episode.

I'll download both episodes and play them, once my data plan is re-newed.

kaput

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 26/07/2013 14:39:56

Thank you

SHADOW

Hey Shadow, did you speak with Lady Azael at the beginning of the game where she told you a bit about the manor's history? Reading the diary toward the end also helps you understand the climax a bit more, but it's intentional that not all questions are answered, yet. In the next episode a whole lot will be explained. Let's just say that opening that wall in the first game created some undesired consequences...

Quote from: Stupot+ on Fri 26/07/2013 22:50:31
Looking good SP.  I'll check this out in due course.  I quite enjoyed the first one :)

Glad to hear it - always keen to know what you think, bud  :smiley:.

Quote from: miguel on Sat 27/07/2013 00:36:54
Congratulations SP,
I'm off to finish the first part now and only then I'll get this one.

I'd suggest playing this one first - it'll probably make more sense playing them in this order, plus this one is a whole lot better. I was really quite lucky to get the voice actors I got for this one, so even if not for the gameplay, those guys make this one worth a look. Plays out like movie at parts so I hope you've got some time on your hands  :smiley:.

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Sat 27/07/2013 11:23:21
I'll download both episodes and play them, once my data plan is re-newed.

Is the zip folder too large? I can send you the game itself and the manual etc seperately - this might help?

Cheers guys.

miguel

Cool. I will do as you suggest.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

kaput

I could be wrong though, mate. I guess it makes sense from my perspective but then again, I made it. On the other hand if you play the first one first you won't get spoilers and you'll see the sort of 'evolution' of my game making. I'll leave the decision up to you haha :P.

Adeel

Quote from: Sunny Penguin on Sat 27/07/2013 12:54:56
[...] Is the zip folder too large? I can send you the game itself and the manual etc seperately - this might help?[...]

Thanks for offering your help :). Actually, the game's size is not too large even when both are combined. I have downloaded larger games before. Here's the following reason that I'm resisting the temptation to download this piece of beauty:

I still have 250 MBs to enjoy (including surfing and downloading / uploading) but I have to use it carefully until 9th of August (when it'll expire). If I exhaust it before the expiry date, it'll not renew automatically and I'll have to wait till 9th to renew it manually or else quietly weep for not even being able to connect (cruel ISP policies, you know).

I'm actually amazed though, that now-a-days even 2 GB data plan is not sufficient for average usage.

Shadow1000

Quote from: Sunny Penguin on Sat 27/07/2013 12:54:56
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 26/07/2013 14:39:56

Thank you

SHADOW

Hey Shadow, did you speak with Lady Azael at the beginning of the game where she told you a bit about the manor's history? Reading the diary toward the end also helps you understand the climax a bit more, but it's intentional that not all questions are answered, yet. In the next episode a whole lot will be explained. Let's just say that opening that wall in the first game created some undesired consequences

Yes, I spoke to her. I even restarted the game to speak to her again in case I missed some information. I read the diary and have a certain amount of understanding but there are some big gaps. Do you mind if I tell you privately what I've gathered and you can fill me in on what I'm missing, unless the gaps are supposed to be in next episode?

SHADOW

kaput

Sure, just send me a message.

E: for anyone who is currently playing or hasn't played the first game, or for folks that like to keep a catalogue of games or whatever - MoPV 1 been updated with some improvements: Zack now walks faster, can climb the stairs by just interacting with it, cleaned walkable areas and tried to make the game a little nicer to look at (nothing dramatic, just some touches here and there).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk