Ancient Aliens - The Roots of Sound

Started by miguel, Sat 27/07/2013 14:18:55

Previous topic - Next topic

miguel

Thanks cianty, I'd love to hear what you have to say about the game.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

CaptainD

Hey Miguel and team!

I've had a chance to play it a bit, lovely game and some pretty tough (but not unreasonable) puzzles - I was in that hotel lobby quite a while trying to figure it out. 

I'm not sure about the rest of the game but it looks like the English proofreading still needs a little work though - in the scene immediately after you go up in the hotel elevator, I came across "payed" and "surtainly", which should have been "paid" and "certainly".  I don't want to be nit-picky - I've certainly enjoyed the game so far - but it's something you should be aware of.

Graphics, music, interface, plot and characters - big thumbs up!  (nod)

miguel

CaptainD, thanks for the warning, we'll sure fix that ASAP.

Glad you didn't find the puzzles unreasonable. It seems to me that modern games (casual ones, mostly) are becoming too easy for the players, with pretty icons everywhere telling them what to do next...I'm rambling now, but it's very important to us to know the opinion on the puzzles.

Thanks for the thumbs up! :)

Stee

Quote from: CaptainD on Sun 28/07/2013 18:50:16
I'm not sure about the rest of the game but it looks like the English proofreading still needs a little work though - in the scene immediately after you go up in the hotel elevator, I came across "payed" and "surtainly", which should have been "paid" and "certainly".  I don't want to be nit-picky - I've certainly enjoyed the game so far - but it's something you should be aware of.

Thanks for digging those out CaptainD, I only got the latest script on Friday and I've been unable to work the weekend due to family commitments. I've amended the errors you pointed out and a few others ones I have noticed and the latest version has been sent to miguel to update as we speak.

Cheers

Stee
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

NickyNyce

Congrats on your release miguel!

I wish I could have helped out more. It's a very promising start to what looks like a fun and adventurous story.

Congrats to the rest of the team as well.

CaptainD

@Stee - I didn't notice any others after that, so I think they must have been largely anomalous.

Anyway - great game guys, I look forward to playing episode 2!  I'm very interested to see what you do with the storyline (and whether you have any Bill and Ted references along the way  :-D).

gspit1124

I am stuck in the lobby! Cannot get past receptionist..Help please!

NickyNyce

This will help...

Hint 1
Spoiler
Something in your inventory should help you
[close]

Hint 2
Spoiler
Remember to use what's in your inventory on yourself (the player character)
[close]

Hint 3
Spoiler
Take the phone numbers from your wallet. Do this by using the wallet on Chet. Now use the numbers on the receptionist.
[close]

gspit1124

Thank you--actually figured it out. Great game! Anxiously waiting for another episode!

Tabata

Well done with nice puzzles, but you should have made it mature content.
I never expected that you'd come up with the worlds biggest penis
Let's say, I am impressed 

... and now I am curious about the next part

miguel

Stee, I've well received your .trs file and will upload the new version today. We were very lucky to have you working with us, you did more than your part and any praise we get belongs entirely to you as well.

Nick, Thanks for everything, having one of my favourite authors working with us was a real asset and a honour. Thank you for the hints you provided as well.

CaptainD, thanks for the typos again and for the good comments! Now, Bill and Ted Bogus Adventures can be referenced, yeah... :smiley:

gspit1124, glad you found your way, and thanks for the praise! We hope to deliver good quality content soon!

Tabata, I promise that we won't be showing the world biggest penis. Or are we? :=
Thanks for playing, we hope you had fun with the game.

EDIT: CaptainD, just saw this Review, thanks man!

Shadow1000

I completed this game.

I enjoyed the graphics and music. The plot seems like it has a lot of potential. The segment of plot that's played in this game is more of an introduction so it will be interesting to see how it progresses. I will say that it reminded me of Indiana Jones.

As far as the puzzles, I did not find them too easy or too difficult. I think they are in the sweet spot where they really make the game what it is rather than frustrate the user.

Good job!

SHADOW

miguel

Thank you so much Shadow,
this is indeed an introduction to characters and story.
We're really glad that you enjoyed the puzzles, it was/is our "hardest problem" on the project and the thing I dedicate more attention to player feedback.

Thank you sir!

shaun9991

wow this game looks great! downloading now :)
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

kaput

Completed the game. Looking forward to the next. The Lionel Richie reference and disguise puzzle were really funny, kudos.

gumpy13

I'm trying to run this game, but every time I get past the game crashes and I get a popup reading 'Error: Error running function 'Room_AfterFadeIn':    Error: Null pointer reference

Any idea how to fix this?

NickyNyce

Every time you get past the ?    The game crashes.

Can you explain a little bit more about where and when this happens, I'm sure miguel will look into it.

gumpy13

Sorry, every time I get past the intro cutscene the game crashes giving me that error message I gave before.

miguel

gumpy13, like Nicky said, I could use some more info,
can you tell me when it happens in more detail? The intro cutscene has several parts(rooms) where it can be skipped. Did you wait for the intro to finish and then it crashed? Was it halfway?
Also, how are you running the game? Did you altered the setup?

shaun9991, thanks for playing!

Sunny Penguin, thanks my friend. I haven't completed The White Lady yet but the atmosphere is pretty cool and scary. You did a great job there!

Fitz

Loving it so far -- although I haven't gotten very far, got hopelessly stuck
Spoiler
in the apartment, and I can't get the key from under the bed nohow. Help!
[close]
The backgrounds are really stylish, with rough contours and toned down color palette, and the music's really climatic. I'm really curious how this jazzy story relates to the eponymous ancient aliens :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk