Ancient Aliens - The Roots of Sound

Started by miguel, Sat 27/07/2013 14:18:55

Previous topic - Next topic

miguel

Thank you very much Bicilotti!
I've noted your suggestion as well, thank you.
Have a great 2014!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Baron

Well, I'm a bit slow off the mark, but I finally got around to playing this.  The mood created by the background art and music was striking, some of the puzzles were quite inspired (hotel lobby, broom closet), and the plot was intriguing and suspenseful.  And you made fun of the French, which means bonus marks! ;)  If I had to pick the best bang-for-buck improvement it would be tightening the dialog a little.  Yes, there is a lot of plot to convey for a short game (no doubt due to your episodic ambitions) and a lot of character to establish (don't cut the hilarious bits!), but it seemed like too much at times.  Overall it was good, though: I look forward to seeing where you take the series!

miguel

Cheers Baron, you're very kind,
and noted!

I'm doing a OSD game right now and must complete it (a blood promise to Ponch) before continuing part2 of Ancient Aliens, but the intro for AA2 is already done with animations and all. The plot is written already and this just means I've got to get working on it!

Mandle

miguel

Mandle

Quote from: Wayne Adams on Thu 06/02/2014 19:08:32

Nobody??

Isn't that that guy who gets paid to make stuff up on the spot in front of the camera and state it as absolute fact, while at the same time contradicting himself at least 5 times per episode?

miguel

He's been like that since he got caught on the back of an interstellar spaceship that burned his face and did that (permanently) to his hair.

Mandle

Quote from: miguel on Wed 12/02/2014 09:52:34
He's been like that since he got caught on the back of an interstellar spaceship that burned his face and did that (permanently) to his hair.

(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

Seven

It is an excellent short little game. The final puzzle with the note though seemed completely unnecessary due to its lack of challenge. I just clicked each word until I hit the right one. I liked the closet puzzle though and pretty much everything else about the game. (well, except for it being so short.) I look forward to the next episode.

miguel

Thanks Seven, glad you enjoyed it!
As for the note puzzle, noted! Thanks.

Snarky

I'm just about to play this for the AGS Awards, and I see that it comes with two different "translations" in addition to the original: "New Translation" and "Spelling". Presumably this is how you've fixed the spelling errors, but it's not at all obvious which one is the most current. I would have guessed "Spelling", but looking at the files, it seems like "New Translation" has been edited most recently. OTOH, the game EXE has the same date, so maybe the "Game Default" contains the most recent fixes? There's no readme or anything that provides this information, and it's not documented in this thread. So now I'm annoyed before even starting up the game, surely not the attitude you want player to have.

A tip for the future: If you're going to provide dialog fixes in the form of translation files, you need to give them more informative names, and use some sort of version number to order them.

miguel

Sorry about that Snarky and to all players that encountered this problem. It's the first time I've been told of it and I can only think that, on those final release candidate versions, I have somehow mixed up those names.
Thanks for the tip and I hope you enjoy the game.

Edit: I believe you don't have to change anything to get the correct version;

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk