The Rebirth/The Reaper

Started by Grundislav, Mon 15/07/2013 17:35:14

Previous topic - Next topic

CosmoQueen

"Something else"?? As in, you're gonna collab on a game?!! OMG I'm all kinds of happy about this!! :D
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Andail

Good stuff!
I'm genuinely interested to play the rest!

I particularly like the writing. I think both games have some serious literary qualities. I'm thrilled!

Grundi's art is steadily improving, and it's fun to see some examples of great animation (even though other actions lack animations altogether). Ben's background art is great as always.

The Reaper has a great atmosphere and cool scenery, however I'm not too fond of the puzzles so far. Especially the walking back and forth to the power switch just felt like a way to increase the game length.

Both games have puzzles which are mainly about finding various items scattered across the screen to use on something electronic until it works, sort of. I frankly don't know how many games I've played now where you're supposed to open a panel and mend/replace a fuse or some kind of circuit until electricity happens.
No offense, just wanted to find something that wasn't totally awesome!

Looking forward to see whatever comes out of this cooperation!

Grundislav

Thanks Andail, glad you enjoyed them.

I noticed the similarity in puzzles myself, which I can assure you was purely coincidental, as we conferred about pretty much everything except puzzles.  Blame it on the limited amount of time.  I can assure you that what we've brainstormed so far for the main project does not include any sort of item hunt/electronic repair. :)

Fitz

I agree with Andail, the puzzles seemed a little too generic, and I had a hard time picking up some items (the fuse and bottle opener), had to click a bunch of times before he stopped giving me the the "no can do" response. BUT to me both games were so much more about the ATMOSPHERE.

The Reaper: Ben's artworks get more and more mind-blowingly gorgeous with each project, and this one, with all the lime-greens and shattered class/crystals (including the game menu and the cursor), might be his finest to date. The main character seems like a departure from Ben's usual -- the quirky hot babe ;) True, there were some similarly dark overtones in PISS, but the girl was wahaaaay too hot for a war veteran ;) Oh well, I'm willing to suspend my disbelief if I like the feel of the story :) The bottom line is, I'd definitely love more of this.

The Rebirth: I'm usually not a fan of serious stories or contemporary settings -- but I really enjoyed the main character's evolution/devolution. He started off as a strong, composed, no-nonsense type with a deep sense of responsibility -- yet in the face of a tragedy it took very little to make him SNAP. I really liked that particular puzzle, it was perhaps the most intuitive thing to do, I didn't even hesitate there.

Layabout

I really liked the refraction technique used when walking past the glass bottle things in the Reaper. I loved the story, but I already know a few things (BOGAN SECRETS).

I'm still up for voicing you know who ;)
I am Jean-Pierre.

selmiak

Cool stuff!

*wonders what it is you're up to*

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk