Standardized trophies?

Started by Andail, Tue 30/07/2013 13:03:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Adeel

Sinitrena has made some valid points. I second her opinion. It will work best.

Quote from: Sinitrena on Fri 02/08/2013 12:22:50
I think my suggestions would basically be to leave the trophies as is, maybe provide a hosting space so they don't get lost, and add icons for the winners under the avatars.

For hosting space, we may politely request Peder to host them. I'm 100% sure that he'll not refuse. Yet if he does, then AGA can threaten him (laugh).

I can also provide limited hosting space for trophies, that is, if someone want me to do so.

Quote from: miguel on Fri 02/08/2013 12:46:54
I would like Soviet type icons all over the site, please.

Possibly, the best suggestion I read (nod) (not a joke / sarcasm , btw). It would be nice to see some change in the website-design.

selmiak

keep people making trophys for their competition if they want, don't force standard trophys.
Small icons under the avatars are a cool idea, especially with a link to each individual contest. But when cramming all this info under the avatar it will sure get messy.
So my idea: let's have icons for each contest in the color of the highest rank ever reach in that kind of contest displayed under the avatar with a hovertext of how often which place was achieved in that kind of contest. When you click the small icon under the avatar you are linked to the user's page with the links to the individual contest and the contest's tropy next to it with the image hosted savely on some AGS related server. The trophys should be listed below the games the user has worked on obviously. an addidtion to the list could be contest in which the user participated and didn't win... also on the user page.

Babar

A less complicated suggestion, perhaps:
Somebody (AGA :P) providing a system to host these personalised trophies, along with a default (or no image at all?) in case the competition starter didn't make any (no need to force making of trophies, although this method might encourage laziness to NOT make trophies), and when someone wins, it shows up on some section of their profile page (not under their avatar).
IF that person should so desire, they can copy the code or links of those images into their own signature.

Although honestly, simply having a space somewhere just to host all the trophies if that competition had any wouldn't be bad either.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Stupot

Even less complicated solution.

Keep calm and carry on.  I understand Andail's desire to keep things neat and tidy, but I don't think there's really an issue here.

Let's just be thankful we actually have a height limit for our signature space, unlike some forums

selmiak

but there is also a character limit which makes it impossible to include more than 3 or 4 trophys as single images and link to the corresponding threads.

Wyz

I'd go for something like Babar or Stu are suggesting or maybe the middle ground: Have a website where people can upload the trophies and also add a little description like: which competition it was for and who's won it. Potentially this could be linked to a page listing all competitions. I'm sure we're all mature enough to manage this without making a mess ;)

I rather like the kooky and showy tropies and there is no need to regulate them if you ask me; well accept for a case on case basis I guess.
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

dactylopus

I have no idea what most of the trophies are when I look at someone's signature.

xil

Quote from: dactylopus on Thu 08/08/2013 13:20:24
I have no idea what most of the trophies are when I look at someone's signature.

^ This.
Calico Reverie - Independent Game Development, Pixel Art & Other Stuff
Games: Mi - Starlit Grave - IAMJASON - Aractaur - blind to siberia - Wrong Channel - Memoriae - Point Of No Return

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk