Ancient Aliens - The Roots of Sound

Started by Stupot, Mon 29/07/2013 19:30:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Liking the game so far, but I'm stuck!
Spoiler
I'm in the hotel trying to get past the French guy.  I'm trying to get in the 'door' which is a hotspot, but whn I click on it the game tries to take me in room 70 or takes me around the corner into the French guy's vision
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Stupot+ on Mon 29/07/2013 19:30:14
Spoiler
I'm in the hotel trying to get past the French guy.  I'm trying to get in the 'door' which is a hotspot, but whn I click on it the game tries to take me in room 70 or takes me around the corner into the French guy's vision
[close]

Spoiler
There's a closet near the front that you have to duck into when the guy's not looking
[close]

SHADOW

Stupot

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Mon 29/07/2013 19:44:16
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
There's a closet near the front that you have to duck into when the guy's not looking
[close]

SHADOW

Spoiler
Yeah, that's what I mean. When I click on the closet door the game thinks I've clicked on the area behind it, which is room 70  There must be a knack to it I've tried clicking on practically every pixel on that door and he won't go in it :/
[close]

Tabata

Try it with two clicks -
Spoiler
first on the floor in front of the door and afterwards on the door itself.
[close]

Stupot

Quote from: Tabata on Mon 29/07/2013 21:36:29
Try it with two clicks -
Spoiler
first on the floor in front of the door and afterwards on the door itself.
[close]
Spoiler
That wasn't working either.  And do you know why?  Because I am a retard, that's why.  All this time I had been trying to enter the door using the 'walk' crosshairs instead of the spanner :/  I am ashamed of myself :(
[close]

arj0n

Quote from: Stupot+ on Mon 29/07/2013 21:31:34
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Mon 29/07/2013 19:44:16
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

SHADOW

Spoiler
Yeah, that's what I mean. When I click on the closet door the game thinks I've clicked on the area behind it, which is room 70  There must be a knack to it I've tried clicking on practically every pixel on that door and he won't go in it :/
[close]
Well,
Spoiler
The correct way is: stay where you are where you start in the room with Rondelle, select the wrench as mousepointer and then click on the door (the one with hotspot 'door' close to Rondelle) with the wrench.
When you use the walk icon (the big cross) instead you can end up in front of the door of room nr.74 (the 1st small hallway to your right) or room n2.70 (Mrs. Thompson, the 2nd small hallway to your right).
The hotspot isn't recognized when using the walk-icon because you can only use the use-icon (wrench) on the correct door to enter the closet. And that's indeed the situation you've encountered
[close]
:)

EDIT:
@Stupot+: after posting I noticed you already found the solution.

Stupot

Hehe, yeah. Thanks though Arjon.  I'll be kicking myself well into the early hours.

Lemons

i got kinda stuck on that part too it took some help to figure out myself. and now i am stuck in the hotel room with vivian and a bottle of moisturizer and i have already put it on the glass door lock but i now cant get the  bathroom cabinet to open.i have been working on this for a few hours already  racking my brain for a solution and i cant think anymore. is it alright if i ask for help on what to do next? if anyone can help me that would be wonderful.
im here to play your games (and ask for help if i get stuck; doesnt happen all the time) and tell you how great they were! :D

miguel

Hi Lemons,
if you already used the moisturiser on the lock and it still doesn't budge, then you'll need something to hit the lock, like a hard surface object and a lot of faith in the Lord...

Spoiler
Use the Bible on the lock
[close]
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Lemons

lol thanks its me lena
if your the miguel i think you are  i already "know" you. you added me on Game Jolt a while ago. :D :-D (laugh) ;-D
miguel i joined here so i could ask for help here instead of going onto game jolt and asking there. i should have just messaged you instead lol. thanks so much. i hope i don't get stuck too much, my asking for help might become a pain in the butt soon.
im here to play your games (and ask for help if i get stuck; doesnt happen all the time) and tell you how great they were! :D

miguel

Yup, that's the miguel you think he is!
It's okay to send me messages, here or game jolt, although I come to the forums everyday and sometimes I skip gamejolt for a while.
Hope you don't get stuck again but consider this an opportunity to meet AGS and its forums.:smiley:
This place is like Cheers the bar, so hang around and who knows you may end up wanting to make your own game?

Take care and PM me if you need help on the game,

Miguel

selmiak

I suck! I'm stuck at the first puzzle. I need to find the key in his room, looked under his bed where the key probably ist but can't find a way to lift the matress, move the matress, grab into it from the other side or otherwise get what is under the bed :P

miguel

Hi selmiak,
you need an object to help you removing the item under the bed:
Spoiler
look slowly and closer to where the plants are.
[close]

Khris

I'm stuck
Spoiler
on the fire escape, can't do anything to the edge, can't jump down, what do I have to do?
[close]
Never mind, I randomly clicked somewhere 5 seconds after I wrote this and down they went.

mkennedy

Spoiler
I'm stuck in the lobby, whenever I try to do anything with the receptionist it tells me I need to get closer, but I got the paper and used it on myself and can't move any closer than I already am.
[close]

Never-mind, I got past it. 

miguel

piperhcombs

Okay, I'm lost. What the heck do you do on the airplane screen. All I see is the airplane on the map, and once it gets to Africa it stops moving. If I move the the mouse around, there's no cursor but I do see three hotspot labels- Chet, Vivian, and something that looks like New Character or something (the second word is cut off). Were we supposed to navigate somewhere? 
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

miguel

Nope, you're supposed to be taken to the end of the chapter.
Can you PM me with more details please?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk