Illustration Workshop - Box art edition II, from sketch to painting

Started by ThreeOhFour, Wed 07/08/2013 14:26:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Igor Hardy

I'd like that too. New things came up that took priority and I won't deliver before tomorrow evening. :(

Andail

Well, I don't mind postponing the deadline, if you think it will help.
Is it enough with Friday?

Dropped Monocle Games

I seem to have the some problem as everyone else, life has been very much up in the air for me the last couple of weeks, I haven't even looked at my art!!

Andail

oraxon

Igor Hardy

Looks wonderful and very dreamlike oraxon. Would be a perfect book cover art as well.

One thing - I'm not sure the shadows-on-beard are 100% right, but I have a poor judgment of lighting so maybe they are.

I'm still not entirely finished with mine. Here's how it looks at the moment:

Image removed due to copyright reasons.

Igor Hardy

Finished. Turned out more difficult than I thought, but I feel I learned a couple new things. Comments are very welcome.

The original sketch can be seen here, if anyone would like to compare: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=48852.msg636465353#msg636465353

CaptainD

Comments from some with no artistic ability whatsoever... 8-)

@Oraxon - really like it, very surreal and great use of colour.

@Ascovel - Yours really gives the impression of danger, action and speed, but to me the right-hand panels just make it a little too busy - I think the left panels on their own would have made a better cover.  I like the way the parts are subtly but clearly set inside cells like a graphic novel though.

Igor Hardy

Thanks, Dave. I believe you're right that the left side might have worked on its own. It would be more balanced and still look nice, but a bit too much like a traditional Hollywood poster from the 80s/90s.

On the other hand you got me thinking that the composition could have been more balanced left-to-right in terms of dynamism.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk