MEMORIES OF A SNAKE (Mémoires d'un Serpent)

Started by Marion, Sun 01/09/2013 16:03:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Marion

Hi everyone ! Didn't come here since long ! :)
I'm still making games of course, and the last I have finished is this one : MEMORIES OF A SNAKE.

It's a point&click game (YES I am making point&click AGAIN! (nod) ) that tells the whole story of Salazar Slytherin, one of the four founders of Hogwarts, the famouse school of witchcraft and wizardry from "Harry Potter". I am very interested in the story of the Founders, especially Slytherin, so I wanted to give my own version (but based on everything I could find about the foundation of Hogwarts).
The backgrounds are from old Sierra games like King's Quest and Quest for Glory, I thought they fit just fine (but of course sometimes I had to rework them a bit). The characters have been made with Ultima Online Character Viewer. Yes, one day, I will make a game with my own graphics again, but for now I don't really have time for this, sadly... (wrong)
I hope you will enjoy it anyway, I was very excited by this project and I have enjoyed making a point&click again about this fascinating character.
This is a simple right-click / left-click interface.

For the moment it's only in French but I am currently working on the english translation. If anyone likes this game and would like to help a bit, I would enjoy it. Thank you :)

EDIT : The English translation is now available !

Download : http://marionpoinsot.fr/jeux/harrypotter/serpent.zip

arj0n

Welcome 'back', Marion :)
great to see a new production of you, gonna try it out asap.

Adeel

I'm always interested in Harry Potter games.

Reasons that made me came here:

- The game starring the Slazar Slytherin.
- Hogwarts
- Another Harry Potter Related Game
- Point'n'Click Harry Potter Related AGS Adventure game.

Con(s):
- The language is French.
- No English Translation

Please include the English translation asap! The game looks promising. Looking forward to play it, once you get the translation done. :)

SarahLiz

I would love to try it out as soon as there's an English version!  :)

kconan

That red wizard reminds me of an Ultima Online character.  Anyway, looks like fun and I eagerly await an English version.

Marion

Indeed I used the Ultima Online Character Viewer to make the characters (nod)
I am currently working on the English Translation. It's full-length game then it will take me some times, but it arrives ! (laugh)

Monsieur OUXX

Hi Shaila!
So cool you're here! I recognized the Ultima characters but it didn't shock me. As long as the game is good! And I know your games are generally nice, story-wise. Congrats!

Marion

Marion

gspit1124

This game is great--I am stuck in the Inn. How do I get the rat?

arj0n

SarahLiz

Marion

I have been helped, I hope the translation is good enough... :-[

gspit1124

Amazing job! Loved the story and the game play. Congratulations Marion!

Marion

Thank you very much!! I'm very fond of that story, then I am happy you loved it. :-[

Adeel

Quote from: Marion on Tue 03/09/2013 20:24:39
The English translation is now available :)
How could I miss it? 8-0.

Anyways, thanks for the translation.

Downloading your game right now, I have added it to my playing list. :)

Marion

Thank you, I really hope you will enjoy it :)

sthomannch

Good work, Marion!
I started it just now (French version), and enjoy it a lot. You used some screen shots from the KQ and HQ series, but I think this is fine and helps to feel "at home" immediately. I am now in the asylum of orphan wizards and try to find my way through it. Good job!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk