Tune contest: Earth, Air, Fire, Ice and Pancakes (Ends 17th September)

Started by The Fool, Tue 03/09/2013 15:08:00

Previous topic - Next topic

The Fool

Create a short (around 1-2 minutes) piece of music that will work with one of the following images:

It can be composed in any fitting style or mood and made or recorded by any instruments you like.
Deadline is 17th September.

Go! :)
:)

dactylopus

Now that's an interesting theme!

I'll have to think about this one a bit.  I can't wait to see what others end up creating.

Adeel

Nice and tricky theme, RaGG.

I request you to please award a trophy to the winner too :) (Since other competitions have trophies too.)

Before the announcement of the competition, I were working on a tune. Previously, I weren't sure how to end the tune (I'm still learning to make music - you see) but now I've got some inspiration ;). I don't know whether this tune fits the theme or not, I'm not an expert, after all.

I think my tune goes well with pancakes. ;-D

Imagination Revised Mp3 - Please download and listen to it (but not at too high volume, you'll know when you listen to it).

As always, comments and criticism are more than welcome. :)

kaput

Ballad Of The Ice Caps: http://snd.sc/14rbjqh

Entry for image 3. Put me in mind of the melting ice caps, so this is a bit of improv with that in mind.

Adeel

Upon hearing my tune again, I've come to the conclusion that my tune emits the atmosphere some sort of Jungle Tribe's Anthem :D. So, I think that my tune will go better with Image 1, Earth category. :)

Sunny Penguin, it's nice to see that you're participating too. But there's one problem though, I can't stream the audio because it would take much time (my internet is slow) and therefore I can't hear it. IIRC, there used to be a download option. Downloading the tune is the best option for me. I would be much grateful if you enable it again. :)

kaput

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Sat 07/09/2013 08:47:35
Sunny Penguin... Downloading the tune is the best option for me. I would be much grateful if you enable it again. :)

Okay, you can download it now - for a limited time only ;)
Also, for some reason when I download your track it comes up with an error with the file and I cannot play it :( I am unsure as to the reason for this, could you maybe change the file format?

@Diamond16 - very nice tune, love the title as well :cheesy:

dactylopus

Quote from: RaGG on Tue 03/09/2013 15:08:00

I decided to use this image of lava to inspire a tune.

Lava Tune

Hope you guys like it!  I had finished the track and it was over 4 minutes long, so I created an edit to fit within the contest guidelines.  It's probably better now, the previous version started out quite slowly.  This was a lot of fun, and I'm happy to have participated!

I really liked the guitar work in Sunny Penguin's tune, and the somewhat oriental nature of Diamond16's tune.  Unfortunately, I was unable to listen to Adeel's tune.

Very well done, all around!  :)

The Fool

Okay, we've reached the deadline!
Adeel, could you please upload your tune again? It won't play for some reason...

As for others... man, this will be tough to judge. :)
I'll need to think about it day or two after I get Adeel's piece.
Really good work! :)

Adeel

Updated the link and tested it.

Doesn't work with the Windows Media Player but it works with Total Video Player.

dactylopus

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Wed 18/09/2013 14:03:54
Updated the link and tested it.

Doesn't work with the Windows Media Player but it works with Total Video Player.
I wasn't able to extract the MP3 file.  I'd really love to listen to your track.  Please, try to find a format that will work!  :-D

Adeel

Oh, i get it now. You all aren't able to extract the zip :-[? I recommend you to please update your file archives. If updating it doesn't work for you then please use 7-Zip.

dactylopus

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Sat 21/09/2013 11:32:20
Oh, i get it now. You all aren't able to extract the zip :-[? I recommend you to please update your file archives. If updating it doesn't work for you then please use 7-Zip.
I managed to extract it using 7-Zip (I had to download 7-Zip first).  Not bad at all, and I'm glad I took the time to figure it all out.

Perhaps you could try uploading to Soundcloud or Bandcamp next time so others can stream it?  Just a tip, I find it's much easier than downloading.

Adeel

Quote from: dactylopus on Sun 22/09/2013 08:54:44
[...] Perhaps you could try uploading to Soundcloud or Bandcamp next time so others can stream it?  Just a tip, I find it's much easier than downloading.

That's a nice suggestion. I'll check those sites :) Thanks for showing interest and for your patience. :)

dactylopus

The Fool

Yup, we managed to get working version:
http://websolutions.freevar.com/Files/Imagination-_Revised.mp3

After several careful listenings in various states of mind and soberness I'll have to go with...

Diamond16's Tales of earth and ice.

It's a beautiful short movement combining moods of 2 pictures and creating something new.
And it really made me drift away and forget everything for a minute.

Congrats!

And thanks to everyone for putting love, time and energy into your music!
(Said RaGG's ever growing Hippie side. And meant it! :D

Diamond16

Thank you! It was an inspiring theme, I enjoyed this contest very much. Also really enjoyed listening to all of the other entries.

Will have the new contest up tomorrow! :-)

dactylopus

Awesome!

Congratulations, Diamond16!  I really enjoyed your track.  It was very ethereal and worked well with each of the pictures that inspired it's creation.  Well done!

I'm looking forward to the new theme.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk