Community "pick of the month"

Started by , Fri 13/09/2013 10:59:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Creamy

Thank you Pogwizd. The pick is set  :)

QuoteDidn't you mention something about a free animation, Creamy ;)?

I changed my post because I realized that I shouldn't pollute this thread with unrelated stuff. Oh, well...

Spoiler
[close]

Pogwizd

Quote from: Creamy on Sun 01/05/2022 19:07:40
I changed my post because I realized that I shouldn't pollute this thread with unrelated stuff. Oh, well...

I see what you mean. I thought it was something more generic.

Nevertheless...
Spoiler

...the Kommissarin has got some sick moves. It looks awesome.
[close]

lorenzo

Thank you for suggesting my game for Pick of the month, Pogwizd!  :cheesy:

Lovely animation Creamy!

Creamy

Played any good AGS game recently? Write a little blurb about it and have it featured on the main game page.

lorenzo

I enjoyed Beat the Buzzer.

Blurb:

What starts out as a regular quiz show, ends up being something different and stranger!
Made in a week for the Dread XP Found Footage jam, Beat the Buzzer is a fun short game with a horror twist, that should provide 20/30 minutes of entertainment.

Creamy

Pick is set. Thanks Lorenzo.

Nice game btw. I like how the repetition is incorporated.

Ponch

For next month, can I suggest "A Room Without You In It"?

Blurb: A short game with a surprising amount of depth. A nicely kept kitchen belies the grief hiding in plain sight.

I'm pretty sure it hasn't been a Pick O' The Month yet.

Creamy

Thank you for the suggestion. I failed to read it on time, sorry. Can I set it for September?

Ponch

Sure, September would be fine.  :smiley:

Creamy

It's this time of month again. Feed me please!

CaptainD

I would like to nominate Where Did All The Humans Go?

A delightful slice of comic-book sci-fi with a nice puzzles, a heavy dose of humour and a side serving of melancholy that will tug at your heart strings. The graphic style fits the game perfectly and the one-click interface is put to very good use. The game hints at being part of something much bigger. Winner of the $106 Adventure Game Challenge and very much worth the time you will spend playing it.

Creamy

lorenzo

Thank you very much for suggesting my game, CaptainD! And with such a lovely description (a hundred times better than what I wrote on the game page  (laugh) ).

Creamy

"Alas", cried the abandoned indie gem, "it's been years since someone landed on these shores".

"Will I have to wait the next lockdown before someone points and click me?" it pondered hopelessly scanning the horizon, eager to delight once again.

CaptainD

@lorenzo - you're welcome buddy!  ;-D Was a really great game.
@Creamy - dude your poetry nearly moved me to tears!  (laugh) But since I chose the last one, I'll let someone else make a suggestion this month.

Creamy

Any game to suggest for August?

Ponch

How about Ben Jordan 8? A very satisfying closing act on a long-running AGS franchise. Good graphics, nice backgrounds, engaging puzzles, and solid writing. Overall a very enjoyable game, if a bit short compared to some of the other games in the series. Before Grundislav became the fabulously wealthy game-making powerhouse he is today (if the truth about the rewards of indie gaming is otherwise, i don't want to know it!), take a look at his roots.

FYI, I wanted to nominate Seed by Limpingfish (from OROW, many years ago), but it doesn't seem to have a games page. Then I wanted to nominate RoN: Purity of the Surf, but who knows if it would even run on modern systems.

Creamy

Thanks Ponch, Ben Jordan 8 it is then.

QuoteFYI, I wanted to nominate Seed by Limpingfish (from OROW, many years ago), but it doesn't seem to have a games page.
Doesn't ring a bell. I can't seem to find it anywhere on internet.

QuoteThen I wanted to nominate RoN: Purity of the Surf, but who knows if it would even run on modern systems.
I think it works. I played it a couple of years ago after hearing about it in this thread.

CaptainD

Could I put in an early suggestion for next month? Pretty sure it's never been chosen before. Obviously partly because of the recent news that Les is no longer with us, but not purely chosen as a tribute out of sentimentality, I think there's much to commend this game. (Hope the fact that I helped him make it doesn't disqualify me from suggesting it?)

DSM: Are we alone? by Slasher
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1738-dsm-are-we-alone-/

Out of the many games Slasher made, this is one of the biggest and most ambitious. Whilst not everything about it works, there is much that does - lots of different locations and environments to explore, a large number of puzzles, some intrigue, some laughs, and all done in that style we knew so well from our AGS friend who is sadly no longer with us. A fitting reminder of what he managed to accomplish despite serious health difficulties. RIP Slasher.

Creamy

Sure. I'll set it when I'm back from holidays.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk