Community "pick of the month"

Started by , Fri 13/09/2013 10:59:13

Previous topic - Next topic

AGA

Quote from: Sunny Penguin on Tue 08/10/2013 20:07:51
I vote for Skumring. It doesn't seem to have much plays (at least on this database), nor does it have a rating yet.

Probably could be written about better, but it's all I got right now ;).

Done!

CaptainD

So... another month... another pick of the month... who's up for choosing this time?

miguel

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Mandle

Quote from: miguel on Sun 01/12/2013 23:10:14
Time Stone was cool.

I second that! Short but extremely polished and charming!

Ponch

I also vote for Barn Runner Time Stone. := Very fun little game.

Ghost

cat

Agreed! If only someone could write a teaser for it... ;)

kaput

If you could turn back time, what would you do differently? You are Elle, a young and naive wizard's apprentice on your way for your routine potions lesson. As you arrive to bask in the glory of your teacher's infinite knowledge, the last thing you expect is for your trusty mentor to be overcome and kidnapped by none other than an evil warlock! Worse still, you end up locked up in his house yourself! Well, kind of. By use of your intuition, and with the help of a boisterous dragon, you must find a way to rescue your tutor and discover the mystique of the Time Stone in this modern day throw-back adventure, reminiscent of 90's adventure gaming's heyday. The fate of the world is in your hands...

miguel

Ponch,
iconic master pieces more often become cult artwork than something praised by the common folk.

With no benefit whatsoever for me I invite every reader of this thread to try out the Barn Runner series. Why?
Because its creator is a talented cow artist with broad skills from design, artwork and story telling.
If you still wonder why to play the Barn Runner series, then don't forget that the cow creator draws the most perfect boobs ever made in video game history.

kconan

cat

Done! Thanks for the teaser, Sunny Penguin

Tenacious Stu

Hello!

Just wanted to say THANKS for choosing Time Stone and thanks for the lovely write up Penguin :-D It's an honor to be chosen.

CaptainD

We seem to have developed an unwritten rule that the previous month's winner should pick the next PotM!

kaput

Quote from: Tenacious Stu on Wed 11/12/2013 18:36:55
...thanks for the lovely write up Penguin :-D ...

My pleasure! Definitely deserved pick of the month, really nice charm and plenty of skill executed in Time Stone :). Will you make a larger game including more adventures of the Time Stone? I hope so.

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 11/12/2013 19:24:09
We seem to have developed an unwritten rule that the previous month's winner should pick the next PotM!

Seemed like a bit of a community decision, nah?

bicilotti

What will it be for January 2014?
I'd have a proposal, but it is soooo old, from an era where saturated colours were still hip.

Dualnames

I'm suggesting Educating Adventures of Girl & Rabbit. If seconded I can write a short teaser for it.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

bicilotti

Any other input? I thought of the Bunker, a quite old, quite enjoyable production. But maybe it's too old?

edit, tentative teaser, just in case:
There's nothing worse than being stuck in a bunker while playing golf, you know? Well, apart from being stuck in the very same bunker when a wizard decides to trap you there forever by miniaturising you! Hermits communities, talking skulls... this heap of sand is full of assorted weirdness! Escaping won't be easy: help Mike and his trusty club beat Manlocke!

Babar

I always thought of Pick of the Month as a sort of showcase of cool games you might've missed when they came out, or that may have slipped through the cracks, so I don't see why The Bunker should be too old to be acceptable.
In the same vein, a pretty short game that I'd suggest: Captain Cringe
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

tzachs

I second Educating Adventures of Girl & Rabbit.
One of the funniest games I've ever played.

miguel

While all your proposals would be great to be pick of the month, I too want to travel back in time and resurrect a graphic novel master piece:
Barn Runner 1 - The Armaggedon Eclair.

Well written, great drawings, a sci-fi story reminiscent of R.Scott's cult movie with added tons of humour and twists like a pretzel!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk