Community "pick of the month"

Started by , Fri 13/09/2013 10:59:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Frodo

Quote from: miguel on Wed 01/01/2014 10:53:03
While all your proposals would be great to be pick of the month, I too want to travel back in time and resurrect a graphic novel master piece:
Barn Runner 1 - The Armaggedon Eclair.

Well written, great drawings, a sci-fi story reminiscent of R.Scott's cult movie with added tons of humour and twists like a pretzel!

Seconded!  :grin:

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Frodo on Wed 01/01/2014 15:13:53
While all your proposals would be great to be pick of the month, I too want to travel back in time and resurrect a graphic novel master piece:

Well written, great drawings, a sci-fi story reminiscent of R.Scott's cult movie with added tons of humour and twists like a pretzel!

Thirded! :grin:

Ponch

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Wed 01/01/2014 15:23:40
Quote from: Frodo on Wed 01/01/2014 15:13:53

Thirded! :grin:
Sweet! :cheesy: This may be just the nudge I needed to finally remaster that game. It's ten years old this year, you know. :cool:

Dualnames

Fourthed. I mean Barn Runner wins all. May I write the teaser for it? It would be of greatest honor.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

kconan

miguel

Please do Dual (write the teaser), as I don't have the skill to honour such a magnificent title.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Dualnames

Okay, here follows a teaser if whoever is in charge and Ponch of course approves of it.

Initially a parody of Blade Runner, as it progresses it forms into something else entirely. Ponch released a few episodic short games, before releasing Barn Runner: Forever Friday Part 1, showing that the universe was already well-fleshed. Words and sentiments, can't describe the craftsmanship that Ponch will always deny, if ever attributed concerning the story elements resolving around the Barn Runner Universe. As Pythagoras once said "The beginning is half of the whole", and this holds true for the Armageddon Eclair. Sci-fi dystopian neo-noir 80s retro good-cop vs bad-cop boogie dance anti-hero SAGA; or Barn Runner.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ghost

Ponch

Holy crackers! At this rate I'm going to have to hurry up and upconvert The Armageddon Eclair to run on modern systems. It was made with AGS 2.56d! :shocked:

NickyNyce

Any reason why there hasn't been a new game of the month?

AGA

Because it takes time and effort for one to be chosen, and nobody's done it!

cat

Yes indeed. I set a new pick of the month now because there were no suggestions in this thread. If you want to see a certain game here as pick of May, please post here and write a nice teaser.

m0ds

Don't rely on the welsh, cat is there to help you set community pick of the months, use her! := (wrong) (nod) (laugh)

Mandle

Can Demos be nominated?

If so: I nominate "Tales"!

You can check out the promo HERE!:)

cat

A new month!

I'm not too happy about demos being chosen, but we also had them before, I guess. Maybe pick "Donald Dowell" from the same author instead?

Anyway, if someone writes a nice teaser, I'll set the new pick.

bicilotti

I will once again push the Bunker.

Great, just great. These days a man can't play golf without a wizard miniaturizing him! Thank you Manlocke, now I am stuck in this bunker!
The garish palette of this game will immediately bring you back to the 90s, along with some great humor, a desert to explore, sassy skulls and many other quite talkative but less than cooperative characters.
Help Ronan club his way out of the bunker!

It's an exquisite game, but it's old too; take it not as a proposal, but just as a "filler", in case nobody comes up with anything.

Dualnames

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1481/

The unfolding spider, if not yet appearing in the pick of the month. Willing to write a teaser as well.

cat

Quote from: bicilotti on Fri 02/05/2014 21:36:00
I will once again push the Bunker.
It's an exquisite game, but it's old too; take it not as a proposal, but just as a "filler", in case nobody comes up with anything.

Thanks, bicilotti! Since noone else posted a teaser, this is now the pick of the month.

Grim

Unfolding Spider - one of my favourite games EVER!:)

cat

Yes, it IS a great game - could someone please write a teaser for it? Then I'll put it up for June.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk