Community "pick of the month"

Started by , Fri 13/09/2013 10:59:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Creamy

Since nobody wrote, I propose On Leaving The Building :

Have you ever wondered what the King was up to in his final years? Probably not since we'd rather remember him as the legendary crooner he once was. In stark contrast, BRANE gives us control of an overweight drug-addicted Elvis about to... about to what exactly?

cat

Thanks Creamy!

It's called "Community Pick" because anyone from the AGS community can pick a game and write a teaser. There doesn't have to be a community vote on this. That's also why the picker's name is shown together with the pick ;)

Creamy

Thanks for clarifying.

Quote from: KumpelI would like to vote for Loslems "The House without Windows". It's not perfect but extremely ambitious and the selfmade creepy soundtrack is superb.
The game has a page now.

Kumpel

Let's do it again!

"The House Without Windows", I call you!

teaser text:

Tough girl Ida thought, stepping into the allegedely haunted "House without Windows" is a short trip. Soon she will learn, what a real mind trip it is!
Support her on this funny, weird and intense journey in this tricolor pixel adventure, written, designed and composed by Loslem.

cat

Loslem

Wow, I feel chuffed :)
Thanks guys. Clearly a motivation to keep going!

cat

Almost December! Any recommendations?

KyriakosCH

It would be great if there could be some more reviews of the Chrysalis ( :) link in sig; my first ever game; and it was released in November, so (laugh) )...

I played a few games this month. The one i played to the end was http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=55366.0 "Joe's miserable life"

Not sure if the rules allow it, given it was released on October, not November, but anyway:

(the others just were larger games, so even though i spent more time on them, i didn't finish them...)

Re Joe's miserable life, then:

"Joe is not happy; and has reason to not be so. You could say his life lacks sauce. In reality, though, he has a few friends, including a spider and a speaking doll. He is resolved to find a way to help his friends, utilizing powers given to him by loved ones departed and thoroughly internalized".
(a game by Bizaron)

:=
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

cat

Pick of the Month is not about reviews, but about games you like and recommend to a larger audience.

KyriakosCH

^I liked it and recommend it, though it was released in October (not sure if the thread is only for games from the past month, each time). 8-)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

cat

I played the game and like it as well although it is pretty disturbing. I set it as pick of the month but I added a warning.

Btw, the release date is not relevant for pick of the month.

Mandle

Quote from: cat on Sun 03/12/2017 17:37:40
I played the game and like it as well although it is pretty disturbing. I set it as pick of the month but I added a warning.

Good idea about the warning! I loved the game personally but a part of that was that I enjoyed being shocked at how twisted the story was. Not everyone enjoys that feeling though...

cat

We need a new pick for January! Since we now had three rather dark games in a row, something more light-hearted would be nice ;)

Click'd

Ibispi

I suggest Kanji Gakusei! :-D

If you want a short lighthearted experience, if you're exhausted from all the bleak horror games and you'd like something cheerful along with the holidays, try Kanji Gakusei - and you'll even get to learn a bit of Japanese!

cat

:P

I'm sure there are other cheerful games around ;)

Tabata

Quote from: Ibispi on Tue 02/01/2018 10:20:26
I suggest Kanji Gakusei! :-D
aaaaabsolutely + 1

Quote from: cat on Tue 02/01/2018 17:21:05
I'm sure there are other cheerful games around ;)
That might be (or might not), but this game is unique and cute and ... and we want it to become the pick of the month, dear - it deserves it! (nod)

arj0n

Quote from: Tabata on Tue 02/01/2018 18:33:37
but this game is unique and cute and ... and we want it to become the pick of the month, dear - it deserves it
Yes, we want (nod)

cat

It's a bit weird for me to set my own game, but since it was suggested by three people and there was no other game mentioned, I've put it up as PotM. Thanks Ibispi!

cat

It's already May and we need a new pick!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk